Dining Reviews from July 10-18 with Days 4 and 5added: Boma and Restaurant Akershus

Dinner #5: Restaurant Akershus

We had to take Sophia to see her beloved princesses, and I decided to wait until she’s old enough to remember the experience before going to CRT, so we had a 6:00 ADR at Restaurant Akershus in Norway. I’d heard mixed reviews of this place before going, so I was a little apprehensive.

We were running late and so sprinted through much of Epcot to get to the Norway pavilion in time. Sophia had also fallen asleep in the stroller on the way, but miraculously woke up just as we were arriving. She had insisted that she would wear her Snow White costume, so I pulled the costume on over her shorts and we were ready to go.

Diners first go to the cold buffet and then are served hot entrees at the table. The cold salads were very good. We especially liked the tomato salad. The kids devoured bread from the buffet as we waited for our entrees and the princesses.

I ordered salmon, my husband ordered pasta with chicken, Anthony chose pasta with meatball, and Nick and Sophia opted for pizza. Everyone liked their food except for me. While the potatoes that came with the salmon were very, very good, the salmon itself was so overcooked that it was inedible. The seasoning seemed fine, from what I could tell, but the salmon was just very dry, so I did not eat it. Nick and Sophia loved the pizza, and Sophia even managed to keep the Snow White dress clean while she ate. Anthony ate most of his pasta, and John liked his meal as well.

Desserts here are very good. The rice pudding was very good, and I do not usually like rice pudding. The chocolate mousse cake was so good that we asked for second on that. Suddenly, my overcooked salmon didn’t matter so much because I had the wonderful desserts to fill up on!

Of course, throughout the meal we had princesses, and they were very good. First was Aurora who was so, so sweet, and told Sophia, “You look just like my friend Snow White.” She even gave Sophia a kiss on the cheek. Jasmine teased the boys by asking Sophia, “So these are your dwarves?” Belle was in her blue dress and talked to Sophia about reading (because as Sophia said, that was the dress Belle read a lot in). We also were visited by Alice. The CM was so much into character that she was a little confusing to Sophia, but she did pose for a cute picture. Also, before sitting down, Sophia got her picture taken with Ariel in her gown.

All in all, this is the place to visit if you want to meet princesses. The food, with the exception of my overcooked salmon, is certainly fine.

Overall Grade: B

I just have to laugh that the Kiddie Cone isn't available to the Kiddie"s to eat. Just like there isn't pizza on the childrens menu at Pizzasafari at AK. They need a junior menu like SW has.

Glad I found you! We have alot of the restaurants you've reviewed on our ADR list for Sept. So disappointed by your dry salmon! So I'm glad you posted that or I would have wasted my time. Didnt the server offer to get you another one? A moist edible one? I would say to the server "the Chef overcooked this..." so she or he doesnt take it personally then hope no-one spits on the new one (I am so just kidding!!).

Wow. Awesome reviews. I can't wait until my trip! We're also eating at Kona and Boma for breakfast and dinner.

Thanks,
Raina

Thanks for sharing. We want to try Kona on our next trip for the mahi mahi. Glad you enjoyed it.

What exactly is a kiddie kone though?

Sounds so good to me I cant wait til my turn. Great review. Thanks. :sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter