Dining Reviews-Better Late Than Never-12/06-Pictures, Galore!!!! Day 5 up 7/8/07

Day 4 was MGM day. This was our third trip to Disney, and the only place we have gone on all 3 trips is Toy Story Pizza Planet. My boys love it! I think the pizza is pretty good and love that the boys get a salad. We sat upstairs for the first time this trip. I found it much quieter there and the games are not as distracting. Goofy took this picture of the outside and he was quite proud of it.
100_1304.jpg

We enjoyed our lunch, as always!!!

100_1305.jpg

For dinner, we ate at the Concourse Steakhouse. Despite mixed reviews, I chose it b/c Stitch had one mission this trip-eat as many steaks as possible. Goofy wanted to try french onion soup everywhere. This restaurant met both of their needs! They also were able to order smoothies for their drink, with the dining plan. Stitch got the honey sesame wings for his appetizer and I got the scallops. Both were very good. Goofy got his french onion soup and pronounced it excellent.
100_1323.jpg

For our entress, Stitch and I both got the filet mignon. The waitress suggested bringing the gorgonzola butter topping, for Stich's steak, on the side. I loved the butter, but Stitch wouldn't have, so it was a great suggestion on her part.

For dessert, Stitch got the triple chocolate cake and I shared my creme brulee with Goofy. Both desserts were deemed worthy by the young food critics, as well as by I.

100_1324.jpg

Look at all the chocolate on that sucker!!!!

This meal made for two very satisfied boys!!!!
100_1322.jpg

Next up-Pecos Bill and Cap't Jacks

Wow! Loving the reviews! You have adorable kids :) I am excited again about Ohana after seeing your pics. It looks like they are having a ball!!

p.s. if someone was truly concerned don't ya think they would have pm'ed you?

Thanks for your kind comments. Go to Ohana hungry, the food just keeps coming. The coconut races, etc. are quite fun for the kids!!!

Yes, I guess they weren't too concerned after all!!!

Wow, you are rattling through these reviews. When I was last here, you were at Hoop De Doo and now all of a sudden you are the Mom of a possible alcoholic and have just finished eating your way through half of the World :rotfl:

Great reviews - I am really loving them. And I totally understand your son goofing around with the drinks - my DD (13) was the same last year. We went to the Yacht Club where I got a cocktail and DD kept pretending to shift the drinks around when I wasn't looking. She had no intentions of drinking it, she just thought it looked like more 'fun' than her soda :rotfl:

Keep up the good work :thumbsup2

:dance3: Your reviews are great. We have ressies at Ohanas. Can't wait. That drink looks great. I'm going have to get one. Believe me, my DS15 and DS13 would probably want to try and get and taste of that because it looks so yummy. I thought the picture of your son was cute and funny. And I love the way you have them dressed. They are adorable!
By the way, did you feel rushed with the food coming out. My DH may have a problem with that. Maybe they could slow down the pace if we ask?:goodvibes Looking forward to the rest of the reviews, love the pictures.

Cute, cute boys! Wish mine was still that age.

Great review, great pictures... looks like a good time and lots of good memories!:)

Great reviews! And I love the pictures of your boys. They look like they are having a great time, and I love seeing what they are eating. French onion soup! Great to see kids who are willing to try something other than chicken fingers and pizza.

I am concerned about you though. Seems that you get the short end at most of the CS places...first Tusker House wrap and then at Pepper Market. At least Pizza Planet came through for you. ;)

This meal made for two very satisfied boys!!!!
100_1322.jpg

Next up-Pecos Bill and Cap't Jacks

Kimshmkr, you have two very handsome young men there! I just love this photo of the two of them, it's so sweet! It's not often you can get a 12-year-old boy to put his arm around a younger sibling ... let alone be photographed doing it! It must be Disney magic at work. :wizard:

Thanks for sharing your reviews and pics, I'm enjoying it very much!

Great report!!! Thanks so much for sharing so many details. You have eaten at a few place we will be trying for the first time in November. :thumbsup2

Keep it comin'!

Wow, you are rattling through these reviews. When I was last here, you were at Hoop De Doo and now all of a sudden you are the Mom of a possible alcoholic and have just finished eating your way through half of the World :rotfl:

Great reviews - I am really loving them. And I totally understand your son goofing around with the drinks - my DD (13) was the same last year. We went to the Yacht Club where I got a cocktail and DD kept pretending to shift the drinks around when I wasn't looking. She had no intentions of drinking it, she just thought it looked like more 'fun' than her soda :rotfl:

Keep up the good work :thumbsup2

What a difference a few days makes!!!:rotfl2:

I seriously must be very naive, I never thought someone would misconstrue his goofing off as a tendency to become an alcoholic!

:dance3: Your reviews are great. We have ressies at Ohanas. Can't wait. That drink looks great. I'm going have to get one. Believe me, my DS15 and DS13 would probably want to try and get and taste of that because it looks so yummy. I thought the picture of your son was cute and funny. And I love the way you have them dressed. They are adorable!
By the way, did you feel rushed with the food coming out. My DH may have a problem with that. Maybe they could slow down the pace if we ask?:goodvibes Looking forward to the rest of the reviews, love the pictures.

Thanks so much for your kind comments! I did feel rushed and should have spoken up. I am sure if you ask, you will have a much better time. Have fun!!!!

Cute, cute boys! Wish mine was still that age.

I am trying to enjoy them now while they still want to do things with their mother. They grow so fast!!!!

Great review, great pictures... looks like a good time and lots of good memories!:)

Thanks so much. I agree they are great memories!!!

Really enjoying your reviews! The photos are great - you have such handsome little boys!

Lori

Thanks so much!!!!

Great reviews! And I love the pictures of your boys. They look like they are having a great time, and I love seeing what they are eating. French onion soup! Great to see kids who are willing to try something other than chicken fingers and pizza.

I am concerned about you though. Seems that you get the short end at most of the CS places...first Tusker House wrap and then at Pepper Market. At least Pizza Planet came through for you. ;)

Thanks so much. I think the soup at Tusker House made up for the wrap!!!!

Kimshmkr, you have two very handsome young men there! I just love this photo of the two of them, it's so sweet! It's not often you can get a 12-year-old boy to put his arm around a younger sibling ... let alone be photographed doing it! It must be Disney magic at work. :wizard:

Thanks for sharing your reviews and pics, I'm enjoying it very much!

I am glad you are enjoying the pics. I love that picture also. It is harder as they get older to get good pics of them acting like loving brothers. Must have been the full, happy tummies.

Great report!!! Thanks so much for sharing so many details. You have eaten at a few place we will be trying for the first time in November. :thumbsup2

Keep it comin'!

Thanks so much. I hope you have a great time!!!

I'm loving your report, the pictures, everything! We were there almost the same dates as you were (Dec. 17-24). We ate the Hoop De Doo on the 22nd and sat right behind the piano player. I wish we had been there the night your son went on stage! That would have been so cool!

We have an ADR at Ohana for our next trip so it was interesting to read your review and see your photos. Are there many tables with a view of Wishes? I made our reservation to hopefully coordinate with the time of the fireworks. Crossing my fingers for a good table!

Is Toy Story Pizza a counter service or table service place? We've never eaten there!

Can't wait to read more reviews! Your boys are so cute!

I'm loving your report, the pictures, everything! We were there almost the same dates as you were (Dec. 17-24). We ate the Hoop De Doo on the 22nd and sat right behind the piano player. I wish we had been there the night your son went on stage! That would have been so cool!

We have an ADR at Ohana for our next trip so it was interesting to read your review and see your photos. Are there many tables with a view of Wishes? I made our reservation to hopefully coordinate with the time of the fireworks. Crossing my fingers for a good table!

Is Toy Story Pizza a counter service or table service place? We've never eaten there!

Can't wait to read more reviews! Your boys are so cute!

That is cool that we were there at the same time. I wonder if we were ever
at the same place at the same time????

There were quite a few tables with views of the castle. Just ask when you check in and they will try to accommodate. We had to wait for the table for about 30 minutes but it did not dissapoint. Have fun!!!

Thanks so much for your kind words!!!!

I'm really enjoying your reviews, especially the pics, and your son's opinions. My 10 yr old is pretty picky, so being able to show him what other kids are trying is GREAT.

Thanks so much!

Great reviews and pictures. And really cute kids. Thanks a bunch for sharing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter