Dining Ressies and Park Hopping

tracychris1994

Earning My Ears
My family and I are visiting WDW May 25th thru June 5th. We have planned on park hopping nearly everyday of our stay and we have dining reservations in the parks we are hopping to. I am concerned about park capacity and not being able to enter those parks which means we can’t cancel reservations within 24 hours. Any thoughts or opinions on park capacities around those dates? What would you do?

So,since you asked what I would do I'll give two responses;
1. I will not be going to Disney World until they ditch the whole park reservation thing (and other factors).
2. I would go ahead and assume you can park hop to any resort you wish. While it maybe really busy I don't think they will be closing the parks from park hoping. If they cancel you out then I'd fight any charges put on my CC. Keep screen shots of parks being full,charges, etc. I'd then call Disney and explain their problem and see if they resolve it, if not I'd file with my CC company and refute the charges. With your screen shots and their policy I think you will win with your CC company.

Maybe someone can correct me..... but I think the only time recently that a park was closed for hopping was MK on the 50th Anniversay 10/1/2021.

We were at WDW recently for a Spring Break trip and were perfectly comfortable scheduling a couple of "hop to Epcot" dinners despite anticipated crowds.

For what it's worth, the only park hopping issue we encountered on our recent trip in March was trying to park hop BEFORE 130p. Since you officially cannot "hop" into another park before 2p, when we tried to go from AK to HS at noon we found no buses going park-to-park before 130p. Otherwise, you should be okay.

To date, it has been very rare for a park to close and not be able to hop to it.
That always is a concern if your ADR is in a park that you plan to hop to.
Unless you are going during a very popular holiday time, I don't think I would worry much about it.

My family and I are visiting WDW May 25th thru June 5th. We have planned on park hopping nearly everyday of our stay and we have dining reservations in the parks we are hopping to. I am concerned about park capacity and not being able to enter those parks which means we can’t cancel reservations within 24 hours. Any thoughts or opinions on park capacities around those dates? What would you do?
Personally with all the changes, I don't think park hopping is worth it with Genie+. So much time is wasted getting from one park to the next. I know for us, our next trip in 23 we're doing one park per day. That will help us make better use of our time. Best of luck:flower1:

Personally with all the changes, I don't think park hopping is worth it with Genie+. So much time is wasted getting from one park to the next. I know for us, our next trip in 23 we're doing one park per day. That will help us make better use of our time. Best of luck:flower1:
Our last trip was the first time we didn't do any park hopping.
We used to be able to get through a lot of attractions with FP+. Genie + was not anywhere as efficient, so we had more lines to wait in. As you noted, that really took away the though of hopping.

You didn't have issues with Genie+ and park hopping? This is good news. I was thinking that it's wasted time since it's harder to do all the things you want with the new system.
I have NEVER and Will never get Genie -

But park hoping was a Non event walked up to the gate and walked in.

If they have change something since Dec and you now need Genie to park hop in going to be 😡😤🤬

Our last trip was the first time we didn't do any park hopping.
We used to be able to get through a lot of attractions with FP+. Genie + was not anywhere as efficient, so we had more lines to wait in. As you noted, that really took away the though of hopping.
The more I hear about Genie+ the more I'm not impressed. Lawd won't they please bring back FP! I will not understand how they all got together and decided to invent this new system AND charge more money. FP was working. It wasn't perfect but it worked AND we didn't pay for it. I saw one family post they spend over $700 EXTRA for the Genie+ on TOP of their tix and everything else. This blows my mind. The parks are full again. Money is rolling. Why are they charging? I don't get it...:sad2: It's expensive AND cuts down on experience times.

I have NEVER and Will never get Genie -

But park hoping was a Non event walked up to the gate and walked in.

If they have change something since Dec and you now need Genie to park hop in going to be 😡😤🤬
Ya...I don't think we're going to get it either. My DD is going down this fall and they're not getting it as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter