Dining Reservations are not for the faint of heart!

Lele010991

Earning My Ears
I haven't been back to Disney since 2014, and so much has changed since we last went. My 60 day window opened today, and I have been so nervous about getting into the restaurants we wanted. There are 6 of us going and I wasn't sure if a larger group would make it even harder to find reservations. My nephew has been obsessed with the Space 220 restaurant (saw it on his Tiktok). I even paid for Mousewatchers to send me an alert to help with getting that one, but apparently didn't need it! We got into all of our restaurants!

I really appreciate all of you who post tips etc, for those of us who are learning (or, in my case, relearning) how to pre-plan for Disney! I've been following them, and they've really helped!

Here's our plan:
  • July 1-Lunch at Be Our Guest--1:30pm
    • It was either here or Cinderella's Royal Table
  • July 2-Dinner at Tusker House--5:45pm
  • July 3-Dinner Story Book Dining at Artist Point--7:10pm
  • July 4-Dinner at Garden Grill--7:55pm
    • I'm on the fence about this one, so any opinions here are much appreciated! I had considered Cinderella's Royal Table but had heard things about the food that made me second guess it.
  • July 5-Lunch at Space 220--2:05pm

I think I did pretty well! Can't wait to be in Disney again!

Garden Grill character interaction is great! I see that you have other characters meals, so that may not be enough to make you want to keep it...but I figured I'd share my enthusiasm. If you go, be sure to tell Mickey how delicious the food from his farm is and ask Chip&Dale who is the better dancer. (At Tusker house ask Donald what animals he saw on his last safari.)

Have a great trip!!

Garden Grill character interaction is great! I see that you have other characters meals, so that may not be enough to make you want to keep it...but I figured I'd share my enthusiasm. If you go, be sure to tell Mickey how delicious the food from his farm is and ask Chip&Dale who is the better dancer. (At Tusker house ask Donald what animals he saw on his last safari.)

Have a great trip!!
Thanks for that! I think we will keep it then. This will be the first Disney trip for my cousin and her two little girls. We wanted them to have as much character interactions as possible without having to wait in the lines in the parks lol

That's great, congrats! My booking day is May 24th and we have Space, Sci-Fi, and Tusker House breakfast on our list. I'm nervous. I'd love to get a Storybook as well, especially as we are staying at WL, but I don't think it's going to fit into our plans.

That's great, congrats! My booking day is May 24th and we have Space, Sci-Fi, and Tusker House breakfast on our list. I'm nervous. I'd love to get a Storybook as well, especially as we are staying at WL, but I don't think it's going to fit into our plans.
The site did crash for me right away. What I did, was book Space 220 out as far out in our trip as I could and found around 4 times for lunch and 3 for dinner. I hesitated on my first time, and it quickly said that it wasn't available, so don't make that mistake! Storybook was actually the harder one to find :/

Just did mine +8 and a few days later there are still many Tusker Houses available...try for the other two first. You'll be surprised how many Space 220s you'll see assuming you're staying more than a few days. At least in my recent experience.

Just did mine +8 and a few days later there are still many Tusker Houses available...try for the other two first. You'll be surprised how many Space 220s you'll see assuming you're staying more than a few days. At least in my recent experience.
I'll be making for July 23-28th on 5/24, so 60+5 will be my latest. Right now my plan is:

60+5 Space Dinner
60+4 Tusker House Breakfast
60+2 Sci-Fi Dinner (probably a pipe dream, but I'll keep an eye out for cancellations and book Mama Melrose as a backup)

Those are the big ones. I'm not sure if I should go for Space or Sci-Fi first, because I feel like Sci-Fi probably won't be there and I'll be wasting my time.

We're doing 60 LTT dinner
60+1 The Edison, which I have already booked through Open Table
60+4 Skipper Canteen Dinner, unless I can somehow luck out and grab a Storybook, but it would have to be a super early one, like right when they open for dinner at 4. This is our second MK night and we will be staying for the deluxe hours, so I feel like if we are heading to MK from WL by 5-5:30 we will still have plenty of park time. We can snack at night if we get hungry again.

I'm not as worried about these three.

I'll be making for July 23-28th on 5/24, so 60+5 will be my latest. Right now my plan is:

60+5 Space Dinner
60+4 Tusker House Breakfast
60+2 Sci-Fi Dinner (probably a pipe dream, but I'll keep an eye out for cancellations and book Mama Melrose as a backup)

Those are the big ones. I'm not sure if I should go for Space or Sci-Fi first, because I feel like Sci-Fi probably won't be there and I'll be wasting my time.

We're doing 60 LTT dinner
60+1 The Edison, which I have already booked through Open Table
60+4 Skipper Canteen Dinner, unless I can somehow luck out and grab a Storybook, but it would have to be a super early one, like right when they open for dinner at 4. This is our second MK night and we will be staying for the deluxe hours, so I feel like if we are heading to MK from WL by 5-5:30 we will still have plenty of park time. We can snack at night if we get hungry again.

I'm not as worried about these three.
I was honestly shocked that Space 220 had reservations available even after my 60 days had started. I didn't see Scifi pop up at all. I wasn't able to get that on our last trips either even though those were way back in 2014 and before. :/
I only saw the one time for Storybook and snagged it. I hope you have some luck getting your top choices!

Sadly I wasn't able to get Story Book Dinning on our trip, but still hoping one opens up. Ohana just opened up today, so I am hopeful.

Have a great trip. You did well!

I haven't been back to Disney since 2014, and so much has changed since we last went. My 60 day window opened today, and I have been so nervous about getting into the restaurants we wanted. There are 6 of us going and I wasn't sure if a larger group would make it even harder to find reservations. My nephew has been obsessed with the Space 220 restaurant (saw it on his Tiktok). I even paid for Mousewatchers to send me an alert to help with getting that one, but apparently didn't need it! We got into all of our restaurants!

I really appreciate all of you who post tips etc, for those of us who are learning (or, in my case, relearning) how to pre-plan for Disney! I've been following them, and they've really helped!

Here's our plan:
  • July 1-Lunch at Be Our Guest--1:30pm
    • It was either here or Cinderella's Royal Table
  • July 2-Dinner at Tusker House--5:45pm
  • July 3-Dinner Story Book Dining at Artist Point--7:10pm
  • July 4-Dinner at Garden Grill--7:55pm
    • I'm on the fence about this one, so any opinions here are much appreciated! I had considered Cinderella's Royal Table but had heard things about the food that made me second guess it.
  • July 5-Lunch at Space 220--2:05pm

I think I did pretty well! Can't wait to be in Disney again!
We love Garden Grill!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter