Dining Reservations - 60 days ahead?

albertamom

Mouseketeer
Okay...I've finally narrowed down my table service restaurants for our first trip to DLP August 1-5.

Inventions - Staying at DLH with half board dining plan, so this is a must!
Walt's - How can we not do Walt's???
Blue Lagoon - None of us are seafood eaters, but I love Blue Bayou at DLR, so this is a must-do, for atmosphere alone.
Silver Spur Steakhouse - A nice, basic menu with lots of choices that appeal to all of us.

It will obviously be extremely busy, so should I be prepared to make 4 expensive calls from Canada, to book each day's dinner exactly 60 days out, or do you think I would be okay to wait until June 5 (60 days before Aug. 4) and book them all at once? :)

You will definitely be able to wait. Not many book tables that far in advance -most tend to book a week or so before or when they arrive at resort.
One thing to note is that not all restaurants are open every day so be prepared to change days round a bit if needed

You will definitely be able to wait. Not many book tables that far in advance -most tend to book a week or so before or when they arrive at resort.
One thing to note is that not all restaurants are open every day so be prepared to change days round a bit if needed

Thank you so much! That will make things much easier. :goodvibes

Don't make an expensive call! I also had to make reservations from Canada and here is what I did : I called the main WDW number (407-939-5277) in Florida and simply said "Disneyland Paris" when asked what my call was about. I was transferred to the UK office and they in turn transferred me to the French site when I said I wanted to make restaurant reservations. And voilà! No expensive call and no long waits either :goodvibes I do have a Canada/US long distance package on my phone so I didn't pay a dime for this call! Even if you don't have a US long distance package, I'm sure it must be cheaper to pay for a call to the US than to Europe :rolleyes1
Just watch for the time zone as their lines are not open 24/7 so you pretty much have to make this call between 3am :crazy2: and 3pm our time (I'm on Eastern Time).

Don't make an expensive call! I also had to make reservations from Canada and here is what I did : I called the main WDW number (407-939-5277) in Florida and simply said "Disneyland Paris" when asked what my call was about. I was transferred to the UK office and they in turn transferred me to the French site when I said I wanted to make restaurant reservations. And voilà! No expensive call and no long waits either :goodvibes I do have a Canada/US long distance package on my phone so I didn't pay a dime for this call! Even if you don't have a US long distance package, I'm sure it must be cheaper to pay for a call to the US than to Europe :rolleyes1
Just watch for the time zone as their lines are not open 24/7 so you pretty much have to make this call between 3am :crazy2: and 3pm our time (I'm on Eastern Time).

Great idea! Thank you! I don't have a US long distance plan, but I have no doubt that it would be cheaper to call the WDW number. Too bad they don't have a 1-800 number. :)

I've not had a problem getting reservations closer to date for anyplace. I used concierge desk during a Feb. trip without problem when I arrived. For an upcoming trip in June I did call ahead the other day and the lady mentioned that they don't get as many reservations by phone ahead of dates. I also used Skype, their rates are cheaper I find. Couldn't use the WDW call transfer from the UK :)

I've not had a problem getting reservations closer to date for anyplace. I used concierge desk during a Feb. trip without problem when I arrived. For an upcoming trip in June I did call ahead the other day and the lady mentioned that they don't get as many reservations by phone ahead of dates. I also used Skype, their rates are cheaper I find. Couldn't use the WDW call transfer from the UK :)

That puts my mind at ease. Thank you!

Thanks Tanooki ! I am also a Canadian going to DLP on these dates, and this tip will save me money . If only there was an easy way to reserve the Paris restaurants too....

The only one I would book at 60 days is Inventions, especially as you are going over the summer.

I tried to book Inventions for our trip last week at around the 50 day mark and was only able to get a lunchtime booking (despite staying in the DLH). It seems as this is now the only character evening meal it has become a lot busier.

I wanted to report back and say that I just made my dining reservations for Aug. 1-4, and was able to get everything that I wanted, at the exact times I wanted! They are taking Blue Lagoon reservations for August, so I'm thrilled!!! :jumping1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts