Dining questions - Early Seating 530/545/600

virginiamama

DIS Veteran
DH just "upgraded" us to a verandah from our inside stateroom that we had rebooked onboard. :cheer2: When he made this change the DCL rep asked him what early seating time he would like, 5:30, 5:45, or 6:00. He chose 5:45. I don't really understand it though. Does it mean that our tablemates might be seated at a different time? What does this mean for our rotation? Is a certain dining room designated as the 5:45 dining room that night? i.e. Could picking a certain seating time mean that we get a certain rotation? :rolleyes1 I'd appreciate any info! TIA!

The three rotation restaurants stagger their serving time, so one will open at 5:30, next one at 5:45 and the last one at 6:00 You are supposed to be there for that time, people do roll in late though. Picking a particular seating time means you will get a certain rotation, not sure what they are at present. We had a 6pm, and had APPL on a 4day cruise, but I've seen 6pm as being different rotation too.

Okay - well that helps, thanks ReggieB

Any double-dippers know what the rotations are for either 5:30, 5:45 or 6pm???

In the FAQ, 5:45 pm., would currently be APT, which is exactly what we want! I'll have to put in the request and see what happens.

THANKS for asking this question -- I had no idea this information was out there.

They asked us which dining rotation/time we wanted as well, but that doesn't guarantee you will get it. We were even linked to a diser in the Walt Suite, we all requested 6 and we all got 5:45. In the end, 15 min. was not a big deal, but 30 min would have been.

I didn't look at the link, but we did the DD in June and had the 5:45 seating and our rotation was PLA.

So either the info on the site is wrong, or misread or the change the rotation/times occasionally.

musicgirl said:
I didn't look at the link, but we did the DD in June and had the 5:45 seating and our rotation was PLA.

So either the info on the site is wrong, or misread or the change the rotation/times occasionally.

The rotations are different on the Wonder & The Magic. :) The previous poster wanted APT...so will be on the 3 day Wonder.

smahoney6 said:
on your cruise docs, where is the time...mine just says main??

On both your docs & the DCL site your dining will be listed as main or late. This goes back to when there were just 2 times 6 or 8:30. It will not tell you which rotation/time you will get until you get your KTTW cards.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter