Dining Question

jnjusoioa

I fell in love with DLR, whats not to love. Fantas
Hey Everyone, I called today to make our first dining reservation and they didn't give me a confirmation number or anything, is that normal for DL? I guess I am just use to WDW, they give you a confirmation number for each reservation you make. But just wanted to make sure this was normal. Thanks.:)

Yep, it's normal. They just take your name for a priority seating reservation. :thumbsup2

SInce they don't give confirmation numbers, do you suggest calling and verifying that they got all of your reservations once you make them all??

I made reservations at Ariels Grotto and did not receive a confirmation number , it is just our last name. I did receive a confirmation number at Rainforrest Cafe though. I always call and verify the reservations before we go to make sure they are still there.

These are some good suggestions, anyone else with any advice on this situation. :)

Well, I called in March and made all my reservations for our upcoming trip (April 22-25). I plan on calling next Friday before we leave for San Diego to confirm everything is set. I, too, am used to getting a confirmation number like WDW so I've been a little unsettled ever since I made them. I've read where some people have had issues with their reservations not being there but I'm not sure that is the norm...still it wouldn't hurt to call before you leave and confirm all the times. I went back and forth with my hubby while I was on the phone making reservations since we decided not to do a character breakfast on the day we leave but change it to the day we arrive in DL...so for my own sake, I want to confirm the time I actually picked.

I have had a few instances when my reservations were lost. But we were still seated anyway without a long wait. I would say if it makes you feel better, call back now, no need to wait until closer to the trip. They are not going to lose it between now and then, but if a mistake was made and it was put in for the wrong day or time, better to find it now so you can get rescheduled.

As for Rain Forrest Cafe, they are not Disney owned, so they have their own system, which is why a confirmation number is given.

:thumbsup2 I'm getting ready to call in a couple of minutes and would have thought the same thing! thanks for the info.!! it's our first trip!:banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter