Dining Plan questions & Kidani Village

deva

DIS Veteran
Hello,

I tried posting this on a DVC board & got no responses.

Like everyone else, I am curious about Kidani. I will be staying there soon & am trying to figure out whether to get the Quick Service Dining Plan or go out of pocket. If I can get the following questions answered it will help with my decision. Does anyone know for sure:

1. What, if any, items at the Kidani gift shop (I think its called the Johari Treasures gift shop) qualify as snack items for the dining plan?

2. I understand that there are two types of foodservice available at the Maji Pool Bar, one is premade sandwiches and salads, the other is similar to room service. Does anyone know if either of these qualify as "counter service" meals under the quick-service dining plan?

3. Again, related to the Maji Pool Bar, do either of these two foodservices qualify for a discount under the Tables of Wonderland program?

4. I've heard it both ways, does anyone have confirmation that refillable mugs can be refilled at either the Johari gift shop or the Maji Pool Bar?

Thanks in Advance.

I hate to see your questions go unanswered, but anything I could offer would be purely speculative.

However, based on what has gone on in other resort gift shops, it might be possible to get snack items like chips or bottled drinks for snack credits.

Room service in other resorts is typically 2 TS options. The closest parallel I can think of is at the Beach Club, where premade sandwiches count as CS offerings.

I'm clueless about your Tables in Wonderland question.

I've heard that mugs are refillable at the gift shop. Don't know about the pool bar.

We'll be down there two weeks from today. Yay! I think the biggest glitch I've seen is that there are no breakfast offerings at Kidani Village- no CS, no TS - perhaps they'll have prepackaged continental breakfast stuff at Johari Treasures. Otherwise, it's a half-mile trot to Jambo House, or a bus. Oh, well.

Hi Dreamfinder,

Thanks for the response. As you will be there in a few weeks, if you see the answers to these questions & could pass it along, that would be great.

Back atcha! I promise I'll do a little recon work. I'll probably do a trip report. This breakfast thing has me bamboozled. While we keep snacks and all in the villa, I'm a threat to get up early, get breakfast from the local CS, and bring it back to the room for everyone for when they get up. It looks like that may be a challenge.

We'll see. Send me a PM to jog my memory, OK?

Pool bars generally don't accept Tables in Wonderland. Kidani just opened so no real idea whether theirs does or not.

I do not believe any sort of room delivery service counts as a counter service on the dining plan.

Pool bars generally don't accept Tables in Wonderland. Kidani just opened so no real idea whether theirs does or not..

I beleive the review over at allears on Kidani says 'no CS credits at the pool par'. I'm hoping this will change.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter