Dining plan or not to dining plan?

Ohiomax429

Earning My Ears
Hello me and my husband will be visiting disney world for 4 days next month and well be staying at the Contemporary Hotel and still haven't decided if were doing the meal plan or not. When we did Disneyland for a day last year we mainly had 2 big meals for the day and the occasional drink. We would like to go to at least one nice restaurant during our trip. So someone like us with no kids and moderately sized bellies should we do it or just pay out of pocket? Thanks guys!

Oh also, any essential first time places to eat? I'm so excited!!

You won't know unless you plan out a dining itinerary. Yes, you should do it, not just to see how much things will cost, but also because you should be making reservations ASAP.

If you can give us a sample list of dining locations and snacks, we can give you a pretty accurate idea if it's worth it. Rule of thumb is that unless you follow the plan very strictly, then you're better off paying OOP.

@notthatkevinsmith on Lines chat has shared an amazing spread sheet that calculates each dining option for you. You input where you're going to eat, whether you order high, medium, or low on the menu, how much you tip, how many snacks per day and it does all the calculating. Great tool to see exactly which is best for your situation.

Where do i find that? I might just do OOP just because I don't like things to be that strict.

the deluxe plan works for us because we do lots of characters and signature meals. that being said, I would compare prices between OOP and the plan. The plan is $100 per day, I think, and I know we can reach that easy but if you are not having an app, entrée and dessert at EVERY meal and have too many QS, it might not be economical to use the plan

Where do i find that? I might just do OOP just because I don't like things to be that strict.

Don't waste your time. Too much to analyze and follow strictly just to possibly save some money or possibly spend more compared to OOP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter