Dining plan HELP!!

3SpoiledPrincesses

Mouseketeer
I live in Seattle and am spending the summer in Florida with my family. The last week that we are there my husband is flying to Orlando to meet us. We have taken ODD(9) to Disney before but we never stayed on site (stayed DTD) and never did the dining plan. I actually had no interest in the plan until I started reading about it and I think that it may actually be a good deal for us.

There will be 3 adults in our party and 3 kids under 9 (3,5,9).

From what I understand......My DH is active duty military. I can get a military rate at an onsite resort (if available) and add the dining plan without adding tickets. We plan to get the 4 day military salute hoppers. Right now we plan on 8/20-8/26. Arriving by 10am on the 20 and leaving around 5pm on the 26th (will check out of the resort at checkout time). My DH can take advantage of ME and then on the way home our family can use ME to get back to MCO. We will have access to my moms car but all of us will not fit so we plan to use Disney transportation to/from the parks.

For the dining plan do I tell the reservationist how many days we want? Is it based on the amount of days that we are onsite? Ticket days? I prefer to have 5 dining days if possible. There are 4 character experiences that I want to do (one is 2 table service credits). I sat and figured out the amount that it would cost me for 6 people at the character meals and it is more than what I would pay for 5 days of dining. + we would still have CS and Snack credits.

I want to make the most out of our trip. This may be a once in a lifetime kinda trip for my girls (3,5,9). We love to travel and most likely will not vacation at Disney like this again. I want to make the trip as magical as I can for them.

Also tips for using snack credits would be great as well.

If you made it this far, THANK YOU SO MUCH for any help or advice that you can give me!!!!

I know nothing about military tickets, but generally speaking the dining plan is calculated by nights that you stay. You'd get a credit for 20,21, 22, 23, 24, 25, so 6 credits per day. The credits don't expire until midnight on the day you check out (so 8/26) so you'll be able to have breakfast or lunch before heading to your flight.

There is a great snack thread on the dining plan board the PP linked. There are some great snacks out there!

The dining plan is based on the number of nights you stay, nothing else. You will each get 6 table service credits, 6 counter service credits, 6 snack credits, and 1 refillable mug on the dining plan. The credits are pooled together when you check in and are valid until 11:59pm on the day you check out.

I recommend bringing a permanent marker to label the mugs so your kids don't fight over whose mug is whose. The children will need to order from the kids menu at the restaurants so you might want to check out the menus ahead of time to see what's available. It looks like you have an extra table service credit so you can pick another sit down meal. If your girls like princesses, make sure you do Ahkershus if you aren't already.

the night before you check out go to the Front desk and ask them to double check how many snack credits you have left. Then go buy some Mickey Head Ricecrispy Treats to take home and enjoy!

I recommend you make your hotel reservation as early as possible if using a military discount. They only allow a certain amount of rooms for the discounted rate! I believe You will get the dining plan for the number of nights, regardless of your park passes. Enjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter