Dining Plan for under 2?

ejrj

DIS Veteran
We will be traveling in October 2012. Two adults, one 4 yr girl, twin 2 yr girls.

I have a question about feeding my two year olds. To say that (all) my girls are light eaters is the under statement of the century. At qs restaurants we could use some of her credits to feed all three girls, right? Will they allow the girls to share at ts restaurants or will we be forced to order separate meals for them? I read the following on the dining plan pamphlet:

"You may not redeem meals or snacks for any Guests who are not on your Disney Deluxe Dining Plan."

Please know that I'm not trying to be cheap and starve my children, just trying to make use of all credits and understand the system for those under 3.

I appreciate your sharing of your experiences!

Since 2 year olds can share from adults plates for free I assume that means from other children as well.

I'm not sure if you would be allowed to say go and buy 2 adults and 2 child meals at onceon the plan. But I know you could get 2 adults and 1 child and just all eat the food that was ordered.

You may always share with members of your own party under 3. In fact, you're expected to.

so even though we haven't paid for them, are they still considered part of our plan? For example at a ts restaurant would I be allowed to order 2 adult meals & 2 children meals or would they only allow me to order 2 & 1?

so even though we haven't paid for them, are they still considered part of our plan? For example at a ts restaurant would I be allowed to order 2 adult meals & 2 children meals or would they only allow me to order 2 & 1?

You are only allowed to order the number of meals as there are people on the plan. So, if there are 2 adults and 1 child on the plan, this is all you can order and pay for with credits. This is for both QS and TS. Your card will state how many people have credits.

The under 2s are expected to eat off your plate. You can always order another meal and pay OOP if needed.

Just to add though...if you were at a buffet your 2 y.o would be able to eat off the buffet no problem without being charged.

Another suggestion...Since we find the portions very large you may even want to only order 2 adult cs meals and just share with both kids. Then use the "extra" credits for say, breakfast. There were many times that my 5 and 9 year old just shared a meal and then we were left with an extra credit (times the # of days they did this) so we were able to get a few breakfasts in by using the unused credits.

As PP mentioned, the 2 year olds can eat as much as they want at a buffet. At all other restaurants, any meals ordered over the 2 adult/1 child credits would have to be paid for out of pocket. Another option is to bring food in a soft sided cooler with you. We did this when my DD was young. She had sensory issues and was very aware of textures.

Hope this helps.

You are only allowed to order the number of meals as there are people on the plan. So, if there are 2 adults and 1 child on the plan, this is all you can order and pay for with credits. This is for both QS and TS. Your card will state how many people have credits.

The under 2s are expected to eat off your plate. You can always order another meal and pay OOP if needed.
Just highlighting these points in relation to the question.

Your meal plan can only cover up to the amount of meals on your card. For example, it'll say something along the lines of 2A 1C DDP on your KTTW card. The cashier should only be able to ring up to 2 Adult meals and 1 Children's meal to be paid for with credits. You can order as many additional items and meals as you wish, but they will be paid OOP.

The "cannot share with people not on the plan" rule does NOT apply to children under 3 on your reservation. You can share with them to your heart's content and it's well within policy. It's designed that way :).

You cannot pay for their own kids meal with credits, but you can certainly share between all of you for them. (And yes, they can get their own plates, and drinks, at all the buffets, family-styles, and other fixed price experiences free of charge).

Thank you everyone. And thank you for reminding me just how large the portions are. I am certain that 2 ad/1 ch meal will be more than enough to feed the two littlest ones. And certainly we can supplement were need be. It would seem from all of your comments that it would be a great way to do lots of character dining too (compared to the cost of the trip we will do when the girls are 7/5&5 for example). Fingers crosses that the babies turn into terrific restaurant type two year olds! Here's hoping for free dining 10/12!!!

The portions for adult CS meals are large; the portions for kids CS meals, not so much. They haven't been enough food my dd7 for the past 2 trips (when she was 5 and turning 7). Unless your kids don't eat at all, I don't believe you could share 1 kids meal with the 3 of them. The portion of chicken nuggets is 4 - the shape and size similar to Wendy's nuggets, the kids pizza is about the size of a DVD, the mac n' cheese or salad is a small bowl, an average size hot dog or a McDonald's sized hamburger. You do get a standard pre-packaged bag of grapes or carrots - say 6-7 of whichever you order and a standard cup of applesauce like you would buy at the grocery store, you can get fries or a cookie instead of the grapes/carrots or applesauce.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter