Dining Plan confusion

PatMcDuck

DIS Veteran
I called today to make my dining plans for August (6 of us, so we need to book early). All went well, until I asked for Big River Brewing Co. I was told it was not on dining plan, and if it was there is a special # to call for reservations there? (I never ate there before) I then asked about ESPN, again I was told it is not on the Dining Plan. According to the list I see at Disneyworld.com, both of these places DO take the Dining Plan.

I will call back, but this is frustrating. :badpc:

I'd call back to get another CM. They are both listed, perhaps the CM you got wasn't up to par yet today?

I beleive they are both on the plan. Not sure why there was a problem with Brewing Works, but ESPN does not take ADR's. First come, first served. We are planning on using the plan for ESPN in August, if there's a long line we'll eat somewhere else. I would try back for Brewing Works though.

I'm pretty sure they are both on the plan. I do know however that Big River does not take the DDE card and ESPN does.

You must've talked to the same completely unhelpful CM I just talked to! :badpc:

Or maybe the one I spoke to last week, who told me that there isn't a Cinderella's Gala Feast at 1900 Park Fare. :sad2:

If I remember correctly from what I read on this board was that Big River is a seperate entity from disney.(Meaning not owned by disney but is on disney property) so they will take the DP but will not take ADRs thru Disney you need to call them directly(Big River) for Ressies. Just my understanding from what I read I could be totally wrong with this.

TM 1993 you are correct. It is not Disney owned and it does not participate in the ADR program. It is however, on the Dining Plan. You need to call the Grill directly to make reservations. I do not know the telephone number, but it has been posted her on the DIS in the past.
ESPN Club does not take ADR's either. It is first come, first served and depending on what is happening in the sports world, it can be a wait. You can also eat in the bar area, where you just walk in and find a seat, if you can. We have had fun here and the food is decent "Pub Grub".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter