Dining plan and mobile app while renting DVC points

jpin_4477

Earning My Ears
We are renting DVC points for an upcoming trip and will have the dining plan (booked through the point owners via a rental company). I have heard that the dining plan will not show up in the My Disney Experience app if you are renting points. So, I am wondering if this means that we would not be able to use mobile ordering with our dining plan at all? Does anyone know?
Thanks!

We are renting DVC points for an upcoming trip and will have the dining plan (booked through the point owners via a rental company). I have heard that the dining plan will not show up in the My Disney Experience app if you are renting points. So, I am wondering if this means that we would not be able to use mobile ordering with our dining plan at all? Does anyone know?
Thanks!

I have seen some reports that DVC reservations can now see the dining plan show up in the app to track, but I have no personal experience with that. Regardless, even when you could not see the dining plan in the app in general you could still use the dining plan when mobile ordering. In fact, the work around to determine how many entitlements you had left was to pretend to do a mobile order as you could always see the entitlements when mobile ordering even if you could not see them in the app in general.

I believe the issue with dvc and dining was you can't track how many entitlements you have left on the app like a regular reservations. You should still be able to mobile order.

We are renting DVC points for our stay this December. After purchasing the DDP I noticed that there’s a tab under my resort that says “check dining plan.” When I click on it it tells me to check back when I arrive to see available meals, snacks, and mugs.

We are renting DVC points for our stay this December. After purchasing the DDP I noticed that there’s a tab under my resort that says “check dining plan.” When I click on it it tells me to check back when I arrive to see available meals, snacks, and mugs.

Ah, glad to hear that. We rented points and added the DP about a month ago and couldn’t see anything in MDE in relation to it, as expected. That’s sounds like a positive change.

We were able to mobile order successfully with credits several times though.

Great to hear these experiences, thank you. It sounds like mobile ordering will be possible and maybe (hopefully!) the meal credit balance will be able to appear too. :)

This thread has been very helpful, thank you everybody for your input. This has helped to answer a few of my concerns

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter