Dining Package Questions.....

vellamint

DIS Veteran
We have the package with the free dining and I realized a few weeks ago that since I am only purchasing 2 day tickets that it is actually costing us $240 (family of 6) to be able to Hop. I have old Park Hoppers for the other days.

Am I crazy to pay this for two days when I dont even know if we WILL hop?

I am thinking the answer is yes ..... but...... here is my question?

If I call and change to non-hoppers....will I be charged a fee? I did purchase Disney's insurance if that matters..........

I know I could just call and find out but with the level of experience the last few CM I spoke on the phone with I would rather "go in" with definitive information. If I am going to be charged a $50 change fee (or whatever it is) I want to know before I call.

Thanking you in advance for your time.

It may be cheaper to just upgrade your old ticket...let me explain...

Call to ask 1 if there would be a change fee for this and what it is. Also ask if they can tell you how much it would be to upgrade your old tickets....Like "I have tickets from 2005 with 4 park hopper days left on them how much would it cost to upgrade them to 6 day hoppers" BUt i dont know that they can tell you. You may have to wait to find out until check in.

So I'm thinking you should change your new tickets to one day non hopper tickets. Upgrade your old ones at check in to cover your whole stay and save the new ones for later. Even if it turns out it costs way more to upgrade your old tickets then you just upgrade your new ones for the same price it would have cost you to buy two day tickets to begin with. I dont know what to say if they charge a change fee but cant tell you how much it costs to upgrade.

The difference between one day and 2 day adult base tickets is about $65. (55 for kids, 105/95 if you consider the hopper price). So savings would be something like 360 (600 if comparing to the cost of those 2 day hoppers) - upgrade costs - change fees. Plus then you have 6, 1 day tickets to use/upgrade next time.

I edited this

They dont upgrade the old Park Hopper Plus tickets any more......at least that is what I have read here..... :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter