Dining experiences on a trip without parks?

U2_rocks!

<font color=coral>The DISer formerly known as U2_r
We will be in Orlando for a few days in the third week of August but we won't be doing any parks. We would like to get a Disney fix by doing a restaurant or 2. Our kids are ages 10 - 13 and we'll have a car. Here are some of our ideas so far:

- dinner at 'Ohana and then watch Wishes from the beach
- Downtown Disney and dinner at somewhere fun for the kids like T-Rex
- Fort Wilderness - dinner at Trail's End and then see if we can see Wishes?

Any other ideas?

ETA: I'm pretty familiar with the restaurants at Disney - I am really looking for experiences, not just restaurant suggestions. For example, wherever we eat we would want to do something else fun. We have not explored the resorts that much, and may be missing some of the interesting things that can be done in conjunction with a meal there.

Dinner at Boma at AKL and then watch the animals around the resort. OR Rainforest Cafe outside of AK and then go over to the Lodge for some animal watching.

You could splurge and do the Hoop Dee Do Revue.

Early dinner over one of the Epcot area resorts and then walk over to Fantasia Mini Golf for a round of mini-golf or stay around the BW area and see the nighttime entertainment.

if you dine at Trails end why not do the campfire program after or do something like archery before dinner

I agree about dining at AKL for the animals only I suggest Sanaa - YUM! Although BOMA is all you care to eat so . . . Also I suggest eating at the Boardwalk for dinner. In the evening they have "street peformers" playing music and instruments and juggling and stuff like that. Or you could rent bikes and bike around the Boardwalk. Or take the boat around the lake and get off at the different resorts (Swan, Dolphin, Yacht and Beach Clubs) and check them all out. You can also view the fireworks at Epcot from the bridge that connects Boardwalk and Yacht and Beach Clubs.

I agree with picking one of the restaurants on the boardwalk (we personally like Captain's Grille) and then walking around the boardwalk at night. :thumbsup2

Any of the Animal Kingdom lodge restaurants, particularly Boma or Sanaa. A wonderful opportunity to see the animals, story telling and other evening activities for the kids. That resort is awesome just to explore for a few hours easy:goodvibes

AKL is lovely - the only reason it's not at the top of our list is that we've done Boma twice for dinner and watched for animals through the night vision goggles. But I forgot that Sanaa was now open .......

We also stayed at Beach Club one year and spent a fair bit of time on the Boardwalk, so I was thinking of something new and different.

Thanks for all the ideas so far .... keep them coning!

I would definitely go to Ohana and watch Wishes from the beach. It's one of our favorite things to do.

If I went to Ft. Wilderness, I would choose Hoop Dee Doo Revue over Trail's End. I haven't done HDDR, but I want to! I'm not a fan of Trail's End.

Then maybe a character meal is in order?that will add a lot of Disney spirit with never entering a park. I believe 1900 Park Fare has dinner & Chef Mickeys.

Any of the EPCOT resorts for dinner : Kouzzina, Captains Grille, or Cape May. then hang out at the Boardwalk which is so much fun at night, and catch Illuminations from the Boardwalk.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter