Dining (etc.) booking beyond two months?

Mceee

Earning My Ears
Anyone have thoughts on when we'll be able to book dining and other special activities beyond the 2-month window? Our trip is in late September, and we've gotten so used to booking so many things at the 6-month point, that we're going a little stir crazy waiting.

Also, for those who have been, or who will be going within 2 months from now: how has availability been for the dining, etc. you wanted to book. Thanks for your thoughts!

Mitchell

I don't think they'll go back to longer dining reservation window. Personal opinion, I believe 60 days is here for good.

Recently, nearly all park table service has filled up quickly and has been difficult to get even at 60 days out, so if you're not an on-site guest booking can at 60 days from check-in, it's really difficult to get a decent TS meal at the initial booking window.

However, as the day gets closer and they extend park hours, more ADRs become available.

Booking ADRs for parties bigger than 4 are tough. You have to break into smaller groups and forget about your first couple of days of your trip. Today was part of a split stay of 1 night so could book the day of and day after. I got zero reservations. Tried my group of 8, broke into 4x4=nope, 6x2=nope I was trying for late lunch to late dinner 3:50 to 8:00pm. Trying for 50s prime time, plaza res, beach&cream, via napoli.....couldn’t get any for either my day #1 or day #2. I’ll try again tomorrow for part 2 of my reservations. My goal is to get 2 of my 4 reservations for our party of 8. I would add liberty tree if the a la carte lunch returned, but hasn’t and we don’t do family style meals...too $$$ for us.

There are 6 of us and we are going next month. I was able to get most of what we wanted, yes I wanted B&C on arrival day but "settled" for Boathouse - even 180 days out some places were impossible to get on arrival day. I did get B&C on our last night so it worked out.

While I did get some hard to find places - Homecomin' for Mother's day brunch, SciFi for a birthday dinner, Skipper Canteen, Via Napoli - I have not been able to tweak anything. A couple of days ago I found San Angel Inn at 5:45 and nearly jumped out of my chair to book it.

I always liked being able to change restaurants and times but there is nothing available unless you want to go to DS every night.

Smaller parties should be easier but be prepared to book everything (even if not your first choice) on your ADR day.

I have always had the best luck waiting until I'm on property and scoop up the cancellations for anywhere I want to go. It's a little different now because I have to make sure if it's a park ADR that it's for after I'm able to hop (if it isn't my park of the day). The ONLY one I was unable to snap up during my recent 2 week stay was SciFi. I never found a cancelation for that but Chef Mickey, Cindy's, BOG, etc all showed up in my daily search for a place to reserve.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter