Dining credit question

tnelson1112

Earning My Ears
Are dining credits for adults all lumped together or separate by person? There are 5 of us on regular dining plan, but my 21 year old is going to watch the younger kids while me and DH go out to Calif Grill one night. Since he won't be using credits that night will we have 2 extra or will he just have 2 that aren't used?

Thanks!

As the PP said, all credits are lumped together and can be used by anyone on the reservation. They are not assigned to an individual person. So, let's say you have a 5 night reservation in the DDP for 3 adults...you would then have 15 TS credits to be used by the 3 of you. You can each use 5 credits (if you'd like) or you can divide up the credits anyway you'd like (e.g., person A and person B each uses 6 credits and person C uses 3 credits).

So, as long as your son is on your reservation, you can use the combined credits in any combination you'd like.

Does anyone know if this has changed since 2013?

I have the exact same thing. My husband and I are dining at a 2 credit without my son (he will be at the hotel) so we will have 2 additional credits for him. He wont eat 2 meals more than us so I am wondering if we will be able to use them for anything other than a kids meal. Anyone know exactly how these are being computed now?

TS credits there is a distinction between adult meals and child meals. CS credits, there isn't.

So if you are 2 adults and 1 child, the 2 adults use 2 TS credits for a meal that the child doesn't attend, you can only use those credits for child TS meals. CS is different, there is no distinction with those. So if you are 2 adults and 1 child and the child shares with an adult, that CS credit can be used for a child or adult meal later.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter