Dine with an Imagineer @ Brown Derby

Disneyfreak616

DIS Veteran
I have been to the Hollywood Brown Derby MANY times (it's a family favorite) and I have heard about the dine with an imagineer thing and was wondering what it's all about? What are the additional fees, etc. Any info would be welcome :) Thanks!

Price is $70 for adults, $35 for kids under 10. There is no age limit but Disney recommends for persons age 14 and up. It is at least a two-hour lunch with a lot of talking and young kids may get bored. No discounts are available, DDP is not accepted, and it is currently offered Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. There's a limit of 10 guests per session, so sign up as soon as you can.

You do not order from the full restaurant menu, but there are several offerings you can pick from per course. Included is soup, salad, entree, dessert and a non-alcoholic beverage (for adults. No idea what kids under 10 get)

We did this in June '09 and had a wonderful time. It was so worth the price - Cobb salad, entree, & dessert plus a cool keepsake and of course 2+ hours with the Imagineer (we had Cathy Carver who designed the Castle Suite). I would highly recommend doing it. I have it booked for our Jan. trip and am really looking forward to it.

At HBD!

In fact we've done it twice. If you do go know that you will learn a whole lot more re wdw than when you walked in! :)G

We did it this past June with DS, 14.

We really enjoyed it. There were two other teens there which made it good for DS.

I would imagine the experience is so different each time depending on the imagineer and the guests. If you go, go for you love of info about disney and not because you expect/hope for an imagineer in a particular field. I would imagine that might lead to disappointment.

It's pricey, and while I wouldn't do it again soon because of that, I enjoyed it and would consider it again in the future.

I did this on my solo trip a couple years ago. The experience was awesome for the most part. Only problem I had was a father & son that were there and the son hadn't been on some of the rides, Tower of Terror being the main one I remember out of quite a few, so the Imagineer refused to speak about any of the "secrets" about any of the rides the kid hadn't been on yet. I don't remember the Imagineer's name, but I remember that he mostly worked on attractions and had worked i some way on the majority of the ones that had opened in the last 10 years or so. What he would talk about was really interesting, I just wish he had been "able" to talk about more... I understand why he wouldn't, but I would have LOVED to hear about some of the little details and such about the rides.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter