Dilemma

DisneyFairy19

Disney Bride 10-4-08!!! Annual Passholder!!! Been
Ok Girls
Well as you know I am planning to get married at WDW next year in the fall.. SO I called DFTW and spoke to Heidi about dates... Now she told me that it is a very high volume season to get married so I would need to give them more date options and times... So my first choice is Nov. 8 and I gave them so many. Well my hairdresser she is my age and I have known her since we were in 3rd grade... She is going my hair nad makeup. Well she just called me and told me that her friend booked her wedding in Miami for Nov 8... Its a definite. GREAT:sad2: I am thinking should I just tell Heidi to not give me that date at all or just keep it and see what happens???

What should I do?

thats a ahrd one, I'm in contact with heidi and our date is sep 2nd next year and she tells me that is busy as well so not sure if its just what she has said to everyone. Is it your friend as well so will she invite you? if not then it really depends on how much you want her to do your hair and if you can make do without here and get the date you really want

Yes, I agree it's a hard choice. Is that date really important to you? Or your friend being there & doing you hair more important? If the dates real important & you get it maybe you friend could help you or show another friend how to fix it for you. You have plenty of time to practice.

I agree with Disney_Nay_Nay....what's more important to you? Of course you can always find another haridresser...but is it very important to you that she is there?

I believe November is a busy time. We are getting married Nov. 6th of this year and that definately wasn't our first choice. More like our last...but it's working out great for us.

It's true Late Sept, Octb & Nov is there busy season. But, It helps if your flexable with your time of day for your wedding. You may get the day you want but at a different time then you would like. But, If it's far enough in advance your chance are better.

I agree with everyone here. Definitely a hard choice, but you should pick the one that means more to you. If that specific date is special to you then you should keep the day. At the same time, if its more important to have your friend be at your wedding and have her be able to help you get ready, then go with a different date. Hope everything works out. Good luck!

Are you really hooked on that date? I don't know about you, But I would take this and RUN WITH IT! It's a great excuse to make the wedding sooner!!!

Well, I know that's not always possible - I was originally wanting January 2008 for our wedding and changed it because I was told they'd have to pick my name from a lottery to get that date. I hate being up in the air about stuff like that. SO we ended up moving it sooner - September 2007!(was a great excuse for me!:rolleyes1)!!!

I went through this similar dilemna!

First I thought I wanted October 12th 2008 but I didn't realize the minimum was 20,000 instead of 15,000, so then I changed to Aug.31, 2008 since it has a 15,000 minimum and it's Labor Day weekend so people have Monday off from work/school. I am working with Heidi too and she said that there are a lot of couples interested in that date since it's a holiday weekend and we will have to go into a lottey. Since we really want this date we are just keeping our fingers crossed and we put our first pick for the time as 10am since no couple (so far) is interested in that time. There are 3 other couples interested in 12pm which is what we wanted at first but we decided 10 would be good too.

So I am with you on the stress factor! lol, we're definitely on pins and needles... good luck!!! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you too whatever you decide!!!

I think it comes down to what is more important to you. Will your hairstylist also be in/attending the wedding? If she is that important then maybe you should change your date, or if not, then keep the date and you unfortunately need to find an Orlando area stylist.
goodluck~!

Thanks Girls
I believe that I am going to leave the date alone.. I would be crushed if I cant even get a date for my wedding.. I am sure I will find someone who can do my hair and makeup that I will love.... Any suggestions would be fantastic

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter