dilemma-please help!

jimmiej

I invented the Naked Segway Tour
I rented points from a DVC owner for a reservation in March, 2010. The reservation was made in August, 2009. I paid half when the reservation was made, & the other half was due when I received my hard copy.

Upon receipt, I noticed several misspellings in my name & address. Also, the dining plan I had requested was not on the ressie. Long story short, after six months, my info has only partly been corrected, & still no dining plan listed on the ressie.

The owner wants the balance now. I don't want to pay the balance until I receive a corrected ressie.

What should I do?

Unfortunately, that is a tough one and I think you are stuck and will need to pay.

If you don't, the owner will probably cancel the reservation. Once that happens, it won't be easy to get it back.

If you do pay, then you only have to trust that the owner will correct it by the time you get there.

Worst case scenario is that you find out when you arrive that there is no dining plan and you have to do things OOP.

Good luck!

Having the owner contact MS and get your name and address correct should take all of about 2 minutes, when they get through that is. I have had rentals that requested the DDP and it never showed on the confirmation. Just have the owner verify that the DDP is added to the reservation when they correct the misspellings. I would make contact with the owner and voice your concerns prior to the last payment. I don't think it should be a big deal.........

Having the owner contact MS and get your name and address correct should take all of about 2 minutes, when they get through that is. I have had rentals that requested the DDP and it never showed on the confirmation. Just have the owner verify that the DDP is added to the reservation when they correct the misspellings. I would make contact with the owner and voice your concerns prior to the last payment. I don't think it should be a big deal.........

You wouldn't think so, but this is her third try to fix it! Thanks to both of you!

You wouldn't think so, but this is her third try to fix it! Thanks to both of you!

You won't necessarily get a reprinted confirmation with corrected names. And most people don't get confirmation about the Dining plan included on the villa confirmation.

Just confirm that the member did check with Member Services that the dining plan was added to your reservation and that they have the correct name and address on the reservation. Then pay the member or you won't have a reservation at all.

I just thought of something else. If you have your reservation #, go to www.mydisneyreservation.com/dvc.

Plug things in and your reservation will come up. Click on "View Vacation Details". It will show here if the DDP is added and the names. Things may show that it is fixed.

Good luck and let us know!

I just thought of something else. If you have your reservation #, go to www.mydisneyreservation.com/dvc.

Plug things in and your reservation will come up. Click on "View Vacation Details". It will show here if the DDP is added and the names. Things may show that it is fixed.

Good luck and let us know!

Hey thanks! I didn't think I could view it, since it was DVC. It all looks good. I sent the owner the balance. Now I feel much better.

Thanks to all of you!

Hey thanks! I didn't think I could view it, since it was DVC. It all looks good. I sent the owner the balance. Now I feel much better.

Thanks to all of you!

I am so glad! Have a wonderful trip!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter