Dilemma involving tickets/FPs (what to do)

toonaspie

Just a poser
So I have 2 4-day parkhopper passes leftover from a trip that got canceled that can be used on a 4 day trip coming up. We will be a party of 3 this time however, so I need to secure one more set of 4-day parkhopper passes.

We do have one member in our party that is eligible for the Military Salute discount. However the only way to purchase these tickets (after talking to WDW on the phone) is either through the army base or going to Shades of Green. Well, for one thing I don't even know if our local army base even sells them and my search results have yielded nothing (as far where in the army base I'm supposed to even buy them). 2nd, it would take some time to get the actual tickets from the army base according to research. The trip is in September. We plan to book a Disney hotel tomorrow but we've already miss our 60 day FP window and by the time we get said tickets, it will be knees deep in the 30 day...and again that's dependent on whether or not the base will have these for sale.

Our only other option of course is getting them at Shades of Green upon our arrival. But we won't even have a car to get to the hotel and then there's of course the fact that we'll miss advance booking on FPs altogether.

I don't think it's even worth it to try for the military discount and thinking we should just order the needed set of tickets online when we book the hotel tomorrow. What do you think?

Also, would we have to book room and tickets separately then since we are a party of three but only need one more set of tickets? What is the best way to go about that?

Last edited:
So I have 2 4-day parkhopper passes leftover from a trip that got canceled that can be used on a 4 day trip coming up. We will be a party of 3 this time however, so I need to secure one more set of 4-day parkhopper passes.

We do have one member in our party that is eligible for the Military Salute discount. However the only way to purchase these tickets (after talking to WDW on the phone) is either through the army base or going to Shades of Green. Well, for one thing I don't even know if our local army base even sells them and my search results have yielded nothing. 2nd, it would take some time to get the actual tickets from the army base according to research. The trip is in September. We plan to book a Disney hotel tomorrow but we've already miss our 60 day FP window and by the time we get said tickets, it will be knees deep in the 30 day...and again that's dependent on whether or not the base will have these for sale.

Our only other option of course is getting them at Shades of Green upon our arrival. But we won't even have a car to get to the hotel and then there's of course the fact that we'll miss advance booking on FPs altogether.

I don't think it's even worth it to try for the military discount and thinking we should just order the needed set of tickets online when we book the hotel tomorrow. What do you think?

Also, would we have to book room and tickets separately then since we are a party of three but only need one more set of tickets? What is the best way to go about that?
You can book a room without tickets, which is referred to as a room-only reservation. Then just purchase the tickets for the 3rd person from whatever source you wish to deal with.

When it comes to FP+ reservations, you would need to have a reservation at a Disnet resort or at a Good Neighbor hotel in Disney Springs if you want to book before offsite guests can book at 30 days out. If your 3rd person has not gotten their ticket yet, then you can book FP+s for the two of you and then "change party" later to try to add that person to your FPs later. Of course, it will be dependent on there being availability for one person around the time you have your FPs.

If FPs are really important to you, then I guess that you could always purchase a ticket from some place like UT, but you will pay considerably more for that ticket than what a Military Salute ticket will cost you. How much are FPs worth to you?

You can book a room without tickets, which is referred to as a room-only reservation. Then just purchase the tickets for the 3rd person from whatever source you wish to deal with.

When it comes to FP+ reservations, you would need to have a reservation at a Disnet resort or at a Good Neighbor hotel in Disney Springs if you want to book before offsite guests can book at 30 days out. If your 3rd person has not gotten their ticket yet, then you can book FP+s for the two of you and then "change party" later to try to add that person to your FPs later. Of course, it will be dependent on there being availability for one person around the time you have your FPs.

If FPs are really important to you, then I guess that you could always purchase a ticket from some place like UT, but you will pay considerably more for that ticket than what a Military Salute ticket will cost you. How much are FPs worth to you?

We are booking an onsite hotel tomorrow. I was able to find a preorder form that mails tickets from Shades of Green. Hoping that it is legit. Eligible person is going to call the Shades of Green ticket office tomorrow to get more information.

The service member can email order the ticket through Shades Of Green. They will have to send a copy of their Military ID. They will fedEx the ticket. It does take a couple of weeks to process and ship.

Why not call your base and see if they have them? If you have a couple within driving distance, call all. When we bought ours last time, I believe they ordered them and had them mailed to us (it did not take too long). My husband still paid for them that day at the base and it was a done deal. That might be a lot shorter time than mailing the form to Shades of Green etc... I am not sure where you are located but we are in the Atlanta area and my husband went to the Dobbins base.

Why not call your base and see if they have them? If you have a couple within driving distance, call all. When we bought ours last time, I believe they ordered them and had them mailed to us (it did not take too long). My husband still paid for them that day at the base and it was a done deal. That might be a lot shorter time than mailing the form to Shades of Green etc... I am not sure where you are located but we are in the Atlanta area and my husband went to the Dobbins base.

Fort Benjamin Harrison - Indianapolis

Cant find ANYTHING on a ticket office at that fort or who to call there.

Welp. Appears the base doesn't exist anymore. I mean it's still but it's no longer active so it don't gonna have those type of services anyway. :P

You do not have to purchase the military ticket at just an Army base...if you have Navy, Air Force or a Marine base relatively close, you can also purchase them there through the ITT (Information, Tickets and Travel) office. Hope that helps!

We do have one member in our party that is eligible for the Military Salute discount. However the only way to purchase these tickets (after talking to WDW on the phone) is either through the army base or going to Shades of Green. Well, for one thing I don't even know if our local army base even sells them and my search results have yielded nothing (as far where in the army base I'm supposed to even buy them). 2nd, it would take some time to get the actual tickets from the army base according to research. The trip is in September. We plan to book a Disney hotel tomorrow but we've already miss our 60 day FP window and by the time we get said tickets, it will be knees deep in the 30 day...and again that's dependent on whether or not the base will have these for sale.

If there salute tix, I'd say it's well worth it....just call your bases MWR - Google it, even if they don't sell them there, they can direct you where you get them. We've done it many times at multiple bases and they've always had them and we had them that day. Call tomorrow - even if you don't get the physical tix (you'll need to do that once you get to disney) the base will give you the ticket number to link to your account so you can make your fastpasses.

Good news, he was able to get the Salute Tix over the phone and should be on the way. I don't know who he called originally but they told him he could only get the tax off if he was military. Luckily it worked out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!