Dilemma about where to stay for 2 nights

Discussion in 'Orlando Hotels and Attractions' started by winniedapooh, Jun 7, 2006.

  1. winniedapooh

    winniedapooh <font color=magenta>Busy and proud Mom of 5 Disney

    Nov 17, 2001
    I have to go to Orlando area for school in Dec. the 27th to Jan 1st to be exact. I was going to take 2 of my 5 kids with me and stay a few extra days. I am at Wyndam Palms in Orlando for these dates all confirmed and booked. I decided to surprise the other 3 kids and DH having them come down on either the 30th (my choice) or the 31st. I have booked my DVC for the 1-5. Here comes the dilemma(s) for all of you great DIS planners...
    1. There is no more room DVC to go early, I am waitlisted
    2. There is no room at the hotel I am staying at, I am waitlisted
    3. I looked at prices, well a friend did as my internet is fussy right now, and am not crazy about paying big money for 2 nights onsite when I am offsite
    4. The same friend suggested Cypress Villas, I am not sure

    In summary I would like to have him and them close to me for the final 2 days...hopefully reasonable...I am so confused and not sure what I want to do...onsite/offsite...do waitlists ever come through...do I have a snowball's chance in you know where of finding anything because I decided to do this so last minute for a VERY busy time...thanks so much to all of you in advance... :sunny:
  2. spiceycat

    spiceycat dvc-blt

    Oct 26, 2000
    I own DVC too and yes the wait list does come through.

    however - I would get a back up


    Cypress Pointe is not far (they will need a car - or be prepared to walk a good half hour to your hotel).

    be sure to find the cancel terms before you rent it.
  3. swilshire

    swilshire DIS Veteran

    Jan 26, 2004
    If you want to save your DVC points for another time, I have both sides of a 3br lockout at Wyndham Palms for rent (ie: you could rent either a 1br or a 2br or both) for 7 nights beginning 12/30. I took the listing down because I'm leaving early in the morning for 3 weeks in Hawaii and am not taking my laptop, but you might keep that in mind if you don't work out something else. I'll be back 7/3 and won't do anything with the units until then.

    I'd be happy to barter for time at DVC if you'd prefer not to pay cash for a rental.


Share This Page