Dilema???Please Help :)

nun69

Mouseketeer
ok..here it is in black and white...I initally booked with AAA {and I know all of the good little perks are there} for 5 nights at the DLH including a character breakfast and dinner and park hopper tickets for 4, but I think if I do it myself, I will come out better in the long run...so please give me your opinion

AAA {all at the DLH} for $3070:scared1:
or {all at the Camelot} for $1933

or

5 day military hopper passes: $644
Anaheim Maingate {military vouchers} $83/night total of $415 {plus taxes}
Stovall's Pavallion :$89/night total of $445 {plus taxes}
Camelot: $95/night total of $475
plus roughly the cost of a character breakfast/dinner $275

so all together if I do it seperately {with the same things as AAA, except not the DLH} it is $1419.00 or I could split my stay and stay 2 nights at one of the above hotels and then 3 nights at the DLH {with a military discount =total $700} for roughly $1900.00

so I am thinking that it is not rocket science and even though I would have to pay a fee for the cancellation of my AAA package, I am really going to save in the long run by doing everything seperate? can you guys just look at this again and make sure I am not missing anything...:confused3

my other question would be could someone give me their opinion on the 3 military offered hotels" Anaheim Maingate" "Stovalls" and "Camelot" and which of the 3 would be the best choice? thanks so much in advance!

Looks like a good savings to do it all separately. The biggest cost is DLH. I think if it's wthin your budget and you don't mind moving mid-way in your trip, I'd pay for it all separately and do the switch. Otherwise, for the biggest saver, just stay off-site for the whole trip. I can't say anything on the hotels you've mentioned because I haven't stayed at any of them.

The only downside to booking using the military discount tickets is that I have read that they do not include any MM benefits. You might want to confirm that with the base or wherever you are purchasing through. However, if you do the split stay and have some of your time at the DLH, then you could plan your resort stay around the MM days you want to attend. Make sense?

That is a pretty significant savings. The Anaheim Maingate (in the process of being renamed Red Lion) and Stovalls are both on Harbor & Katella. The Camelot is right across the street.

I think you'd do well to do it on your own & either stay at the Camelot, or split between Camelot & DLH.

I forgot about the MM if you stay on site...and you do get the MM with any 3 day park hopper or longer...I already verified that...I think I will cancel and think I will probably book with the Camelot, from what I have read here, everyone gives it fairly good reviews!

That's a difference of $500! Do you have any idea how many Mickey Bars you can buy with $500? :lmao:

Do it yourself. Save the money. Even if you miss out on MM is that hour worth $500?

I forgot about the MM if you stay on site...and you do get the MM with any 3 day park hopper or longer...I already verified that...

Make sure you double check that.

When we did military tickets (May 2006) they did not include MM. It would be great if they did. In fact... would you let me know for sure. Actually, I'm just going to believe you and get really excited. :banana:

Sounds good to me. I can almost always get things cheaper doing it all separate. You seem to pay for the convience of having them set up a package for you.

But yeah, looks good, I'd go for it!

I'd book seperate. I haven't stayed at any of the hotels you listed, so I can't help with that. I would definately check out the MM on the military tickets if that is important to you, but when we got our military DL tickets back in June 2005, one MM was included in our 3 day hoppers.

I am going to double check the tickets within the next week, but we bought 5 day hopper's last year {Mar 07} and they did have a 1 day MM included...but I will verify that...thanks....I thik I am gonna confirm some of this tomorrow!:cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter