Digital photos printed on fabric?

JRoglitz

DIS Veteran
Not sure where to post this question but...I wanted to put a picture of my DD on a pillowcase to take to the parks and have the characters sign. Anyone know what I would need to purchase to do this. I thought I read somewhere you could make a iron on decal.

That's all ya have to d! Go to Office Max or somewhere where they will have computer paper products. What you need is Iron On Transfer paper for printers. Just follow the directions on the inside of the box- it's very easy! All you have to do is scan the picture and then copy it onto the iron transfer paper. then just iron it on the pillow case. Good Luck!

I think you might get some good information about this if I move this to our scrapbooking and crafting board.

Hi

This is so easy to do. If I can do it anybody can:)

My DD wanted a certain band - Oasis, bedding and I couldnt find any anywhere. So I bought the iron on transfer paper. We then got some pictures of the internet and printed them out on the paper and ironed them all over plain white bedding, it turned out just the way she wanted it which was great.
I do have a photo if you want it;) Just email me;)

Thanks for responding. Sounds easy enough. I'm going to look for the paper this week. Any idea of a good pen to use that won't wash out?

Also, I believe they sell printer fabric-- thin sheets that can go through the printer that can be sewn onto a bblanket, etc. Makes a cute quilt!

I use a software program called Tshirt Factory. It works great and comes with about 5 sheets of paper. With this program you can add words , other art etc to the print you want. I had a great time doing Old Family photos for a family reunion with this.

You can use regular fabric in your printer. Just iron a piece of freezer paper to the back. Then run it through your printer. Remove the freezer paper. I have done this many times.

are you saying that you run the t-shirt fabric thru the printer..not understanding what you mean..or a piece of fabric? marianne

I run squares or I cut sheets of fabric to letter size, then iron the freezer paper on the back and run it through my printer. You need to make sure that you move the thickness lever to envelope on the printer.

I do this when my kids have school projects. If you need it to be washable there is a solution that you have the treat the fabric with.

To clarify the technique, I wouldn't use this on a T Shirt. It is good if you are making mouse pads, banners, flags, etc. There is a product called Bubble Jet set that can make the printout waterproof.

For doing T-shirts the best way to still do this is with the cool peel iron on transfers. Use the brand that is made by the manufacturer of your printer for the best results.

As far as putting the sheets of fabric in your printer I have done this to make mouse pads that look like persian rugs, mouse pads with pictures(although you can do this with the iron on transfer.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter