Digital Page Printing

tpaetz

Mouseketeer
Do a you of you digital scrappers out there have printers that print 12X12 pages? If so what brand of printer do you have and how well do you like it?

I'm guessing such a big printer would be expensive as it's not "traditional". I think it's more cost effective to print them at Costco. my local one has really good colors but I've read that some stores have really bad colors.

Here's a previous thread
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3040002&highlight=printing
There's more printing places listed in case you want to look at prices.

I will be tring these guys next time that I need to have some printed http://www.scrapbooksplease.com/

Do you have a scrapbooking store closeby? My Archivers has large format printers. You just save your image as a pdf and print directly from their machines.

I have only printed a handful of 12 x 12 digital pages, but I used scrappingsimply.com. The prints turned out very nice and I found them to be reasonably priced. They also run sales, so get on their e-mail list and order when they run a sale.

I print mine with Persnickety Prints out of Utah. They have flat $5 shipping to the US so I print twice a year in big batches. I scrap 12x12 but print 8x8. They do an amazing job.

I was just checking on persnickety this weekend and I thought I saw 12x12prints on sale for $1.99. Great deal!

I just read somewhere else on these boards where someone recommended MyPicTales
They charge $1/per 12x12 page. I haven't tried them yet, but I likely will depending on what they charge for shipping.

I use a Canon Pro-100 that prints up to 13" x 19". It was on sale some time ago for $400 with a $300 rebate! Now it is on sale for $398 with a $300 rebate, even better.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=&sku=893738&Q=&is=REG&A=details

The printer does a great job, the prints on good photo paper can look better than ones from a good lab as long as we take the time to carefully prepare the files.* However, it is not a cost savings, prints from Walgreens and others cost less. Canon ink is $$$!

*includes calibrated monitor and knowledge of printing, along with lots of time.

Another vote here for Persnickety Prints. Love them. Their customer service is awesome whenever I've had a question or an issue that needed to be addressed. And their print quality is the best. When they do their sales, their prices are terrific, and I print many of my photos+enlargements with them even at full price.

I rarely print pics at home, because it really isn't particularly cost-effective. Ink costs for home printers mean you're typically paying more per print than you would in a store/online...

I have an large format epson that my husband bought me for christmas years ago. I honestly don't know if it saves any money, but it definitely saves time. When I finish a page I just print it and stick it in the scrapbook. I used to hate having to make enough pages to warrant uploading them and ordering them and waiting for them to arrive or to have to drive to costco to go get them. I spend maybe $60 a year on ink (off brand from ebay works just like the real thing). The printer was $500 or so I think. And depending on the size of my paper order, 12x12 photo paper runs me 50-75 cents a piece.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter