• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Different post counts on different machines

R

Ralph&Pam

I get different post counts for messages I contribute depending on whether I am using my laptop from home or my desktop from work. I am using the same login and password for both. Is this a cookie thing and should I eliminate auto-login on one (or both) of the machines? The post count should be about 30 higher than what is shown on this message (which is less than what I have on the other "identical" login).

Ralph

I have no idea. :confused: :confused: :confused:

We'll have to wait for the experts tomorrow.

Chris? JC?

I just did a check on your user name and profile Ralph&Pam, and believe it or not, there are 2 of you! One has 37 posts (register date 1-19-01), the other 58 (register date 4-29-01). The names appear identical and I'm not quite sure how that could happen as the software doesn't normally allow for "duplicate" names!

I don't exactly know how to "remove" one of your identities without affecting the other.

Mr. J. Cricket ... your turn! :cool:

I'm going to take a wild guess and say that it has something to do with the "&" symbol. When I put in your whole user name it can't find you at all. If I just type in "Ralph" I see both of them.

I think that Freddie may want to know about this one before we do anything to it. It might help them prevent this from happening again.

I'll shoot an E to him and see if he is interested in it or not. I'm sure he will have a fix for it either way. (he said while crossing his fingers)

Of course, here I am "both" identities, and the message counts are split between the two . Same login, same password, different behavior on different machines. I get one "identity" when I login on my machine at home and a different one when I connect from work.

From my perspective, you can eliminate one or the other of these, combine message counts more or less, and I will login on whichever is the other machine when I next connect.

Would it help to eliminate the & sign in the login?

Ralph

Alex informed me that he is looking into it himself for you.
Just keep on doing what you are doing until we hear back from him.

JC

I have deleted the newer account and combined it into the older account so everything should be fine now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter