Difference between tokyo disney and disney sea?

livingalmostlarge

Earning My Ears
Can you tell me the differences between tokyo disney and disney sea? Would you do both? If only one which? Why? Is one more age appropriate for certain ages?

My kids are 4 and 7 and have never been to disney anywhere. They are both still a little frightened of stuff but we're doing it.

Can you tell me the differences between tokyo disney and disney sea? Would you do both? If only one which? Why? Is one more age appropriate for certain ages?

My kids are 4 and 7 and have never been to disney anywhere. They are both still a little frightened of stuff but we're doing it.
Tokyo Disney is very similar to the Magic Kingdom. Disney Sea is a unique theme park that most say is the best theme park that Disney has ever created.

In terms of Disney Sea with kids, how successful the park is would depend on how tall your kids are and how adventurous your kids are. My 6 year old is short. She doesn't make the height line for Journey to the Center of the Earth, Indiana Jones, or Raging Spirits. She won't ride Tower of Terror. For us, that is really going to limit Disney Sea. It's a beautiful park and great to walk around but how well it works for you with young children might be different than someone without children.

If you have never been to Disney, then I would start with Disneyland. Especially given the ages of your children.

If you had four days, then may you could do both. But, with only one or two days, and two young children who will probably either need a midday break or an early finish, then just Disneyland is probably best.

I agree Disneyland will be your best bet with young kids that are easily frightened. There are more bright colorful Disney characters in the DL park that they will be familiar with and its the classic park.

thanks for moving it. I still have the 4 year old who is 38 inches? My 7 year old is 48 inches.

At 38 inches your child can:

Go on all the harbor boats (my kid is not that into this, your kid might be)
explore the fortress (I had an adult friend who thought this was amazing, I wasn't feeling it. She claimed kids would love it. I am less sure my kid will like it.)
Turtle Talk with Crush (a 3D movie that can respond to viewers)
A railway
more boats
Toy Story Mania (this is also in the USA both CA and FL, it's insanely popular)
Aquatopia (sort of like bumper boats... I did this one, it's cute but the line can get long)
Nemo (This is new and replacing Stormrider which was a motion simulator ride. They say kids over 3 can ride it, and I think it shouldn't be too scary? Long lines, because new and only in Disney Sea.)
The carousel
A Sinbad ride (it looks slow?)
Flying carpets (it's the Dumbo ride with carpets)
Magic Lamp Theatre (Aladdin in Japanese)
Ariel's Playground
Jumpin Jellyfish (they have this in CA)
Scuttle's Scooters (this is a kiddie ride)
Flounder's Fish coaster (a kiddie coaster)
Blowfish race (another kiddie ride)
Mermaid Lagoon (an Ariel show done in Japanese)
The Whirlpool (think tea cup rides)
20,000 Leagues Under the Sea

Your taller child can ride everything

Journey to the Center of the Earth starts slow and then becomes a coaster (I loved it.)
Raging Spirits (is a real looping coaster)
Indiana Jones Ride (I didn't ride but did in CA and I think it could scare some kids)
Tower of Terror (My daughter did this in FL and was scared out of her wits. It's a real free-fall ride.)

So there is a Summary for DisneySea.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter