Did You Watch The World Cup Final??

Soccer8

Earning My Ears
Hi. Im A New Member. THis Is My First Thread! I Want To know if you watched the world cup? :cool1:

I watched it...I wanted France to win, but they were close so that's good enough for me. :teeth:

Huge soccer fan, watched it but only had mild interest in that game given the teams involved. Congrats to Italy I suppose.

watched it loved zidanes headbut kinda reminded me of my mum and this horse :rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl2:

I did very entertaining :sunny:

Yes, we watched it and initially I wanted France to win (love Thierry Henry) but after Zidanes antics I changed allegiance (spelling???)

ps Welcome to the Dis

we got into it this year......
but that headbutt.....that guy acted like he ws 5.....
the rest was good.
kinda did not expect the US to do that well.
wished wayne rooney had not gotten redcarded...
think that cost England that game.....
(in my opinion......)
looking forward to South afrika in 2010 :cool1:

I do not believe anyone could remain calm if their mother who is sick in hospital was insulted as well as their sister called a prostitute but in more vulgar language. What he did was not good, but he's human.

On the pitch I hear a lot of things, as the Italian said a lot gets said. But I have never heard someone insult anothers family and if they did it would surely cause an altercation. Insult someones play or even them personally, but not their family. What was said is a disgrace to all of Italy and puts a cloud over the entire World Cup, the reaction from Zidane surely adds to that but there was a reason for it. I was very proud of Zidane the way he stood up and did an interview explaining why he did what he did and stating very clearly how he felt about the incident, as well as apologizing to the children watching.

Materazzi showed his complete lack of class by not apologizing for his words or his obvious dive after the fact (I love the way his legs collapsed backwards before his body does despite being hit in the chest, pure magic). Do not get me wrong, a red card was in order for Zidane, but after the fact Materazzi could of apologized, instead he insists what he said is just one of those things that come out. Since he's been an awful footballer up to a very recent point, he was transferred out of the EPL to Seria A I believe and found his feet their, unless he becomes a much better player I am sure he will be fittingly remebered for this incident above all else. Zidane will not.

It may be of note that I am an England fan and a Manchester Utd fan through and through and I have no love for Henry or that lousy keeper Bartez. I was priorly impartial to either team and Italy did deserve to win, but what Materazzi did and how he continues to handle it is shameless and embarassing.

EnnEss said:
I do not believe anyone could remain calm if their mother who is sick in hospital was insulted as well as their sister called a prostitute but in more vulgar language. What he did was not good, but he's human.

On the pitch I hear a lot of things, as the Italian said a lot gets said. But I have never heard someone insult anothers family and if they did it would surely cause an altercation. Insult someones play or even them personally, but not their family. What was said is a disgrace to all of Italy and puts a cloud over the entire World Cup, the reaction from Zidane surely adds to that but there was a reason for it. I was very proud of Zidane the way he stood up and did an interview explaining why he did what he did and stating very clearly how he felt about the incident, as well as apologizing to the children watching.

Materazzi showed his complete lack of class by not apologizing for his words or his obvious dive after the fact (I love the way his legs collapsed backwards before his body does despite being hit in the chest, pure magic). Do not get me wrong, a red card was in order for Zidane, but after the fact Materazzi could of apologized, instead he insists what he said is just one of those things that come out. Since he's been an awful footballer up to a very recent point, he was transferred out of the EPL to Seria A I believe and found his feet their, unless he becomes a much better player I am sure he will be fittingly remebered for this incident above all else. Zidane will not.

It may be of note that I am an England fan and a Manchester Utd fan through and through and I have no love for Henry or that lousy keeper Bartez. I was priorly impartial to either team and Italy did deserve to win, but what Materazzi did and how he continues to handle it is shameless and embarassing.

hahahaha love the bit i bold but yes he is a lousy keeper

Why do you consider him lousy if he was picked to be on the world cup team he must be at least OK. And it Zidanes reaction was based on insults to his mother and family then I can understand it a bit more even though in his position he should have walked away, I had not heard that story.

Let me put on my suit.. :furious: ....okay...now let me speak for most of America...NO

Could not watch the final, twin DD's were playing a soccer game. Caught the audio portion of the second OT and the PK's while driving home.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter