Did you say nose picker or nose peeker? Our April 2021 trip! Update 8/19** complete!

What a great way to close out Day #3! I absolutely LOVE AK at night :cloud9:

Yay!!! Have a wonderful time, Caroline! :goodvibes Can't wait to hear all about it!
Thanks Tracy, AK is beautiful at night. I hope the park hours increase some there to enjoy Pandora at night.
Yay for another trip, work has been crazy busy so this will be such a nice break!

A fun and relaxing day with Dis meets!

4/24/21,

MK today, Andi woke up with a bad headache and had not slept well. She was not feeling up to the MK this morning.

I texted Ariana to see if she wanted to hang out together this for the morning. She was already at the park and did let me know the MK had opened at 8am. I didn’t realize it opened at 8am so I was a little late. I was planning to be there to rope drop at 9am. I had a banana and headed out. I was going to meet up with Ariana by Splash Mtn. She had already rode 7DMT and BTMRR. She was in line for Splash when I arrived.

I decided to ride BTMRR, it was a walk on. I was in row 8. This ride is so much fun 🤩 I met up with Ariana after the ride. She had just finished riding Splash.
47897E08-231E-4BFD-B4EB-A51BCA5FC1D8.jpeg
We decided to do JC. The ride had a 20 minute wait. We did wait about that long. I noticed the changes on the ride. The rhino was pointing his horn at nothing and Trader Sam was gone. Our skipper was okay, nothing extraordinary. I just read the ride had more things removed and is pretty boring now. This was a review on a post I read today.
A1357B95-693B-4AF4-849D-7A3820228F97.jpeg
I was really enjoying touring MK with Ariana. We had a nice time visiting in the lines.

HM was next, this was a walk on. We actually got our picture this time.
0911350E-866C-484F-9AD9-B528D381DE89.jpeg
We saw a short wait time for 7DMT and hopped in line. I think a lot of people saw this wait and jumped in line. We waited about 30 minutes, not bad! I was glad to ride this because we did not get a chance to ride again.
3AB23382-4837-4A38-94D5-07EDD295962A.jpeg
We went over to do Buzz next. This was about a 5 minute wait. Ariana had a really good score, mine was mediocre at best.
A09E46C6-48A4-4108-9FE2-4764691DBAE2.jpeg
We did Little Mermaid next, this was basically a walk on.
F0966109-1D87-4823-B18A-E7A31FFDBACF.jpeg
Ariana had a lunch reservation for Cinderella’s Royal table at 11:50am.
We did one more ride on Dumbo before we parted ways. This was so fun ad I was happy to have a friend to share some rides with her.
I did a photo and headed out to meet up with Andi for lunch.
A6F04E4B-6FD9-49E4-91ED-3631B107E640.jpeg
I went back to the resort and we headed to DS. There was slim pickings for reservations so we went to City Works. We were seated right away on the patio. It was a nice spot outside. It was a Saturday and brunch was on the menu.

We wanted lunch items more than the brunch. They did still serve some of the regular menu items. We started with the cheese curds appetizer and a drink.
0D063332-C2E2-4E34-9FBA-9662253A0241.jpeg
I had the Bloody Mary and Andi had a peach flavored drink. I had the plain BM :rotfl: without all the garnishes. We both liked our drinks. I went with the shredded chicken tacos and Andi had the hot chicken wrap.
49B0F865-7910-46D7-A220-470DC06BEEEE.jpeg

BA0F0E5D-B038-48C0-ADE2-75536EB3EFC3.jpeg
We both thought the food was mediocre at best. My chicken was very dry and even with the garnishes on the tacos it was just bland. Andi liked hers more than I did. Our server was very nice. Andi took the rest of hers back to the room. We stopped in Amorettes and I picked out the chocolate eclair. I got this to go. DS was very busy so we headed back to the resort.
We lounged around the resort, this is such a nice resort to spend time at. A little later in the day, Liesa sent a text about meeting up. She had now moved over to CSR. She was hanging out at the pool bar area. I went to spend some time visiting with her and I met a friend of hers, who she was traveling with. Liesa had ordered a Charcuterie tray from a furloughed CM and they were enjoying this poolside. It was very nice to spend some time with them. Their room was in the Cabana section and Liesa’s parents would be arriving soon. It was time to say our goodbyes. I headed back to the room. The resort was very busy with cheer groups.:cheer2:

Another day in the books 📚

Food totals= $80.00

Stay tuned for more posts in about 2 weeks.

Andi woke up with a bad headache and had not slept well
Sorry to hear that. :(
I had a banana and headed out.
Oh, sure. This is pretty much what everyone says at Disney.

:banana:
I decided to ride BTMRR, it was a walk on.
Whoa! Nice!!
This ride is so much fun 🤩
::yes:: One of Disney's best. Some would argue the best.
The rhino was pointing his horn at nothing and Trader Sam was gone.
Sam was just collecting more heads, but that rhino is just lost. Poor thing.
You guys look verrrrrrry skeered!
And here... talk about your intensity!
We did Little Mermaid next, this was basically a walk on.
It usually is... even when the park's busy.
This was so fun ad I was happy to have a friend to share some rides with her.
:goodvibes
Pretty shot!
we went to City Works.
Don't think I know this one. Is it new?
I had the plain BM :rotfl:
Please. Tell us about the aftereffects later, or not at all!
We both thought the food was mediocre at best.
Not exactly a glowing endorsement.

Stay tuned for more posts in about 2 weeks.
Have a great time!!

Andi woke up with a bad headache and had not slept well. She was not feeling up to the MK this morning.

Aw, that stinks when that happens 😞

:laughing:

We did one more ride on Dumbo before we parted ways. This was so fun ad I was happy to have a friend to share some rides with her.

That worked out perfectly!

We both thought the food was mediocre at best.

Too bad…it looked pretty good, though I don't hear too much about this place. Maybe this is why.

A little later in the day, Liesa sent a text about meeting up. She had now moved over to CSR. She was hanging out at the pool bar area.

Aw, so nice :love:

Have an amazing trip, Caroline!

We didn’t have time to worry about it now, it was time to try for the coveted boarding group. Andi was successful with group 65. It wasn’t as good as our January boarding groups but we were glad to get one!
I am beyond nervous about trying to get a boarding group. We have 3 MGM days booked just so we can hopefully get at least one (if not more). We're even going to show Casey what to do so we are all trying

We were pilots and it was so much more fun than the other positions. I was not the best pilot, Andi sent a picture to Jack saying mom is crashing the Falcon.
That would so be me. I'm content to push my little button and I'll let the kiddo take care of crashing us so it isn't my fault :earboy2:

The plant based totchos were very tasty, there were a little spicy. It did give me a little indigestion and repeated on me. I’m not sure if this was the plant based option or if the regular ones would have done the same thing.
DFB2DAEE-3BED-4DAD-B80B-B0F9C9DD90A3.jpeg
Yum!!! Those look really good. I haven't had a ton of plant based things but it certainly seems they've improved from the boca burgers of years past

Later in the day, we found out that several gondolas crashed into each other at Hollywood studios. It was several hours later but I am so glad we were not stuck on the Skyliner for hours! Andi, with her warped thinking, 🤔 wished we would have been on it, to get something free from Disney. Haha 😂
Yikes!!!!!! Getting stuck on the skyliner is my biggest fear. I'm not great with heights but I know Jason and Casey will want to try.

Andi had the Dolewhip frozen drink and I had the Frose with rose wine and vodka, both were good, Andi’s was the clear winner. I would do the Dolewhip drink next time!
5812755A-DC32-4E6F-B8A2-599769C7A82C.jpeg
We have brunch planned here in a couple of weeks and that dole whip is on my list. And the burrata of course. So good.

hey talked to each other for a minute and we did get the gist that this has been happening and they thought all the alarms had been fixed but of course this was not true. So guess what the fix was, packing tape applied over the alarm.
Are you kidding me????? What if there had been an actual fire. I mean I give them points for creativity but isn't safety one of the pillars of Disney :confused3

It’s not to early to wait for a drink at 10:30am is it?
The answer is its never too early...

The lounge is one of our favorite places to chill. We waited about 10 minutes once it hit 11am to be seated outside. The line is no joke here, my best advice is get there early! You can also join the virtual walk up list. I heard the hostess telling people walking up that it was already 60-75 minute wait for outside seating.
We had a 2 topper right next to the water. This is such a wonderful place to relax and enjoy a drink and small plates. We saw all the cavalcades go by. I really enjoyed this.
Great hint and good to know. Me and Nomad's have some quality time to catch up on here in a few weeks. I even found a Nomad's shirt for the occasion so its clear how much I love him.

I wanted to let you all know, we leave for Disney one week from tomorrow!
The time is flying by. I am very excited.
Have a wonderful trip. So sad we are missing you by just a few days.

I had the plain BM :rotfl: without all the garnishes.
:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:I've been down with food poisoning for almost a week and haven't had a drop of alcohol so this has so many layers for me

I texted Ariana to see if she wanted to hang out together this for the morning. She was already at the park and did let me know the MK had opened at 8am. I didn’t realize it opened at 8am so I was a little late. I was planning to be there to rope drop at 9am. I had a banana and headed out. I was going to meet up with Ariana by Splash Mtn. She had already rode 7DMT and BTMRR. She was in line for Splash when I arrived.
Too bad Andi was not feeling 100%. Nice that you got to hang out with Ariana though. :)
I was really enjoying touring MK with Ariana. We had a nice time visiting in the lines.
That's great!
Ariana had a lunch reservation for Cinderella’s Royal table at 11:50am.
I did a photo and headed out to meet up with Andi for lunch.
Love your shirt! Is it the Enchanted friends one?
We lounged around the resort, this is such a nice resort to spend time at. A little later in the day, Liesa sent a text about meeting up. She had now moved over to CSR. She was hanging out at the pool bar area. I went to spend some time visiting with her and I met a friend of hers, who she was traveling with. Liesa had ordered a Charcuterie tray from a furloughed CM and they were enjoying this poolside. It was very nice to spend some time with them. Their room was in the Cabana section and Liesa’s parents would be arriving soon. It was time to say our goodbyes. I headed back to the room. The resort was very busy with cheer groups.:cheer2:
Two Dismeets in one day is lovely!

Haha! I was balancing my legs on the wall and it was not easy!

I can see it now... you balance, it gets slippery, you fall, Reedy Creek is called and you have a story for life.

Yes Starbucks and others make a bigger size of Iced Coffee and it is really good. I get the unsweetened blonde roast. I add creamer to it and it is delightful! You have to adjust the shelves in the little fridge but it does fit fine.

Might bring a small bottle of simple syrup too. 100% doing this!

Very unpredictable. We literally saw 11 MK buses the morning we were waiting for the AK bus and it was so frustrating!

Yeah, 3 might go by and it'd be a Lyft. Not ok. I had to wait easily twice as long for a scooter (Disney) one last time.

I loved fountain of nations and it had so much meaning especially after doing the DestiNations tour in WS. I was shocked they decided to remove it.

THIS!!!!!! Just why?! Water from all the nations (I'm sure it's been replaced), but the symbolism was so rich. Makes me so sad. And the soundtracks!! My go-to several evenings a week.

Construction never ends at Disney, so annoying!

I usually love the results. Except it the cases of Maelstrom and GMR. Ticked me off in those cases.

Chunkydumps are a must :rotfl2:

well... yeah!!

It was the worst line in all of the parks. I heard both elevators are running now and the wait is getting better so maybe we will get on this next trip.

It's GREAT they are loading more capacity now!!! It should really help with lines. I can't wait to hear about your current trip and wait times.

Ahh, how fun to mix it up with the bartender

I seriously learn SO much when I mix it up with the CMs. So much.

I was shocked especially when I have a hard time drawing a stick figure :rotfl:

LOL!! Me too!

That would be crazy. The tortoise match was stressful!
I can imagine. I wonder if the CMs see it pretty often and worry too, or if it's a normalish thing and they just shrug it off or??

I know, I think because it was later in the day and they were putting more than 1 party in the boats now.

This is a giant win for guests!!

This drove me crazy, It was such a drag to not be able to keep moving and have a sip of your drink!

100% this. Of all the things, this one really bugged me. It was horrible to just stand there IF I wanted to be moving. I DO love to slow down, but there are times I have a destination and need to be moving on. UGH, soooooooooooooooooo glad this is gone.

I love Cobb Salad so it should be a hit!

They will ask you if you want them to mix it for you. It's a fun boomerang. :)

Oh, sure. This is pretty much what everyone says at Disney.
:banana:Banana‘s are a must at Disney, replenish the electrolytes
One of Disney's best. Some would argue the best.
Love Big Thunder! Makes me giggle every time
Sam was just collecting more heads, but that rhino is just lost. Poor thing.
Sam will be lost in the rainforest for a long time. The rhino has some new friends nowadays
You guys look verrrrrrry skeered!
Oh we were, panic stricken, :rotfl:
And here... talk about your intensity!
Um excuse me, saving the planet here!!
t usually is... even when the park's busy.
Little Mermaid is a good one for short lines most of the time!
Don't think I know this one. Is it new?
Cityworks is about 2 years old, bar type food, large beer menu
Have a great time!!
Ahh we did!
Too bad…it looked pretty good, though I don't hear too much about this place. Maybe this is why.
The chicken was dry and bland, it looked like it was going to be so tasty, oh well the BM was nice:rotfl:
Aw, so nice :love:

Have an amazing trip, Caroline!
It was fun visiting with Ariana.
We had a fun and very hot trip!

I am beyond nervous about trying to get a boarding group. We have 3 MGM days booked just so we can hopefully get at least one (if not more). We're even going to show Casey what to do so we are all trying
It is nerve wracking We had bad cell service at the Yacht Club and didn’t do as well this trip, still able to ride once.
That would so be me. I'm content to push my little button and I'll let the kiddo take care of crashing us so it isn't my fault :earboy2:
I agree, it is a fun experience crashing and all
Yum!!! Those look really good. I haven't had a ton of plant based things but it certainly seems they've improved from the boca burgers of years past
Disney does totchos right
Yikes!!!!!! Getting stuck on the skyliner is my biggest fear. I'm not great with heights but I know Jason and Casey will want to try.
Be brave Kari, lol 😂 it is a fun experience when working like it should
We have brunch planned here in a couple of weeks and that dole whip is on my list. And the burrata of course. So good.
All I can say is yum! We had the Dolewhip drink again this trip, so good
Are you kidding me????? What if there had been an actual fire. I mean I give them points for creativity but isn't safety one of the pillars of Disney :confused3
Haha the CM said it will stay alarm through the tape :rotfl:
The answer is its never too early...
This is very true on vacation:drinking1
Great hint and good to know. Me and Nomad's have some quality time to catch up on here in a few weeks. I even found a Nomad's shirt for the occasion so its clear how much I love him.
It is such a relaxing vibe we love it 🥰
Have a wonderful trip. So sad we are missing you by just a few days.
I hope you have an awesome trip! I will be waiting for a fun dining report!

:banana:Banana‘s are a must at Disney, replenish the electrolytes
Oh, sure. I mean that's at least 50% of the reason I go to Disney. For the bananas.
Sam will be lost in the rainforest for a long time. The rhino has some new friends nowadays
::yes::
Oh we were, panic stricken, :rotfl:
:laughing:
Um excuse me, saving the planet here!!
Of course! There's a job to be done!
Cityworks is about 2 years old, bar type food, large beer menu
Huh! Well now I know. :)

Too bad Andi was not feeling 100%. Nice that you got to hang out with Ariana though. :)
it was a really fun morning hanging with Ariana, I'm glad we were both at MK that day
That's great!
Very nice
Love your shirt! Is it the Enchanted friends one?
It is, I love the shirts from there. I just ordered 2 more, I went down a size since they run big
Two Dismeets in one day is lovely!
It was very nice to spend time with Liesa
I can see it now... you balance, it gets slippery, you fall, Reedy Creek is called and you have a story for life.
The YC had the same set-up, ugh!
Might bring a small bottle of simple syrup too. 100% doing this!
Good idea, I use so much creamer it looks like a light caramel color
Yeah, 3 might go by and it'd be a Lyft. Not ok. I had to wait easily twice as long for a scooter (Disney) one last time.
Yes the bus system not the best at the big resorts
THIS!!!!!! Just why?! Water from all the nations (I'm sure it's been replaced), but the symbolism was so rich. Makes me so sad. And the soundtracks!! My go-to several evenings a week.
I know, so sad
I usually love the results. Except it the cases of Maelstrom and GMR. Ticked me off in those cases.
Great minds think a like, miss those two rides so much
It's GREAT they are loading more capacity now!!! It should really help with lines. I can't wait to hear about your current trip and wait times.
Things really changed in just 2 months
I seriously learn SO much when I mix it up with the CMs. So much.
That is so cool, I love hearing from them
100% this. Of all the things, this one really bugged me. It was horrible to just stand there IF I wanted to be moving. I DO love to slow down, but there are times I have a destination and need to be moving on. UGH, soooooooooooooooooo glad this is gone.
It was so nice to walk around and drink
They will ask you if you want them to mix it for you. It's a fun boomerang.
Spoiler we didn't go to Brown Derby, I will have to save it for a trip with you!

I love that back area of the tree of life. And I absolutely love AK at night. It’s my favorite. Night time in that park is what really made me appreciate AK.

So sorry Andi wasn’t feeling her best. :(
I do too it is awesome back there. Nighttime at AK is beautiful I wish the park would stay open a little later to enjoy it!
I would say AK is my favorite park.

I wish Andi hadn't woken up feeling badly, but how nice that you got to spend some time with Dis pals! Wishing you a MAGICAL trip, Caroline!!! :cloud9: Can't wait to hear all about it!
Ahh thanks Tracy! We had a wonderfully hot trip. It reminded me of August it was so hot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter