Did you have an epidural?

Yes. I had induced labor and the contractions were horrible. I ended up with a c-section, though, because the cord was wrapped around his throat twice.

Yes I did with my first child. I was one of the not so lucky ones that it didn't work properly. Ended up having an emergency c-section so by having the epidural already in place the doctors were able to get my numb more quickly.

First DD - no...not enough time as nurses had sent us home, and told us to come back in the morning. We had to turn around and go back right away. I almost had her in the truck. ;)

Second DD - no....asked for one, but the only anestiesologist (?) was in a surgery and did not get out in time.:sad2:

Third DD - no....I figured I had done it twice before, I could do it again. :thumbsup2

I wish I did though!!

I had epidurals with my first two & liked it.
With my third baby I waddled into the delivery room at 2am & she was already crowning, so no pain relief for that one!
I prefer the epidural.

3 kids. Didn't have one for any of the three. I did have Stadol with DS, but realized I didn't really need it with the girls.

Of course.

And if I broke my leg in two or had a heart attack, I'd want pain meds for that.

Suffering through pain because you just want to feel the pain...not for me. No way, Jose.

I think it is great if other women want to have natural births. Yay, them!

But it wasn't for me. Jeepers. It was bad enough before the lovely epidural.

1st dd- no- natural birth

2nd dd- yes- breech birth- was marvellous!

ds- really wanted one,but he was born 17minutes after arriving at the hospital- it hurt! :rotfl2:

only for the c-section....

I didn't think labor was all that painful....but my babies just didn't want to come out the normal way, so c-s it was! :confused3

First - yes I was admitted to the hospital at 6:30 AM on THURSDAY in full labor - he was delivered at 10:38 AM on FRIDAY - so many things went haywire there were 30+ medical people in the room at the end, I think they were about to start emergency c-section - didn't really ask cuz he was healthy and that's all I cared about.

Second - I begged for it as we walked in the door. Doc was calmly talking to hubby and said ok, let me just check where you are at and then I'll call for the anesthesiologist - well she checked and said you can push right now and I did about 3 times and DD was born!

There were other complications with the first, but holy cow the recovery from the second was sooo easy, I was taking a shower an hour after she was born. But I wouldn't change anything about anything!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!