Did you get "The Call" about your PopCentury ressie?

pantherpaw

Disney Fan
My ressie is for March 27-April 7 and I was finally called last night. However, I wasn't at home and I got a message on my answering machine that I need to call back so they can switch me to another hotel. I will wait for them to call me back, I already spend too money making phone calls to Disney!
What I'm wondering is when are you going, what you have been offered in place of PopCentury and for what price. My neighbor was offered one of the AllStars for the same price, but they are going in April/May and I know the hotels are not nearly as booked during that time as they are over Easter.

We were booked for July 3rd. We were offered All Stars at the same price(109.89, including tax),or a moderate for 11.00 more.
My TA knew we werent interested in that so she inquired about any deluxes, specifically the Polynesian. They did offer something at AKL, but my TA never got into specifics with me since she knew I didnt want to stay there either.
So we ended up booking the Poly with the DisneyClub discount for 334.54(including tax).
Good luck!

I was scheduled to stay at the pop Century March 15-23. I got the call a couple of weeks ago on my answering machine saying they would call me again. I waited a few days and they I called them. They offered me any moderate at 26.00 a night more I said no. With AAA I am paying 103.00 including taxes.
They then offered me All Stars.....there was no vaciencies at Movies (I have stayed there before) so I took Music..they then told me it would be a little more as it was in a different county with a higher tax rate than PC. I was fuming by this time.....I already had air fare and had booked a swim with the Dolphins at Discovery cove (both already paid)so I took the All Stars music as I liked it better than sports. Next i tried for the a no cost upgrade to the buildings that charge extra and they said no as I didnt book that at PC...I explained that I did not book that there as I knew only a few buildings had been completed and they were near the bus stop and food court. They were firm but finally said they would make me pay only what I had agreeded upon no matter what county it was in. BIG DEAL My ressie has been paid in full since 6/15/01.
I asked for an address of someone that I could complain to and they offered to have someone call me. I am still waiting for that call.....HUH.....Guest Service has really gone down in my opinion and I travel to Disney 2x a year at least. To add fuel to my fire I got my phone bill yesterday and the total charge for all this nonsense was 12.00 could have bought a few beaver tails with that...lol
Oh well we will see if some of the Magic has disappeared from the parks as well...if it has probably will stay off site next time.
Cindy

The longer you wait for WDW to call you the more you reduce your options as to where you might want to move to, so you may want to dial 10-10-636 then 1-407-828-8101 - this will cost you Five cents per minute with only a three minute minimum. Also best time to call is early in the morning.

My ressies are March 23-30. They have been calling and leaving messages on my answering machine for about 2 weeks, but always during the day when I'm at work. Finally a couple of days ago they called around 5 pm and offered me AS Sports or Music or a discount on AKL. (We have a family of 5, so can't stay in a moderate.) We had already decided to cancel and stay at the HIFS for the first few nights and then transfer to the BC for the last 4 nights anyway, since we've already stayed at both Sports and Music and really didn't want to pay rack rate to stay there again. (We've also stayed at the AKL and LOVED it, but really wanted to try the BC this time.) The CM was very helpful, though, and did get me the AAA rate for the BC, which at least saved the tax!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter