• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Did you get a refillable mug at your DVC resort??

Did you get a refillable mug for DVC resort?

• BCV

• BWV

• VWL

• OKW

• SSR

• VB

• HH

• Other Disney Resort

Results are only viewable after voting.

TwingleMum

DIS Veteran
I was thinking of getting a refillable mug for our 10 day stay at BCV.Did you get one at your home resort?? Are they nice keepsakes/

IMHO, they are nice keepsakes, but not worth it for "refillable" drinking.

I do not want to carry a mug around with me all day, they don't hold all that much, the drink choices are limited and the places to refill them are not convenient. (t might be worth it if you spend a lot of time at the pool, though).

We find it more convenient (and less expensive) to just buy a 6-pack or two of our favorites and keep them in the referigerator.

That said, I use my "souvenir mugs" a lot at home. :teeth:

Best wishes -

they are totally worth it, I have been using my mug for about 8 years now. thats alot of money saved on drinks.

:cool1: just kidding, we always get one, they are a bit inconvienant but it really doesnt take long for them to pay for themselves and they are very good to use back home or to keep at souveniers.

10 days should be plenty of time to pay for itself

I picked other resorts because I have one from POFQ, and CS because I have stayed at both places because I haven't taken my first DVC trip yet. Chances are good I'll be buying one from SSR in April!

We each got one from VB, it was only for a 4 night stay, and we only used it for morning coffee, but it's a nice souvenir!

Bobbi :flower:

We got them when we stayed at AKL in '03, and they were great when we were there. I am not sure we will ever get them again tho, as I have found that things don;t taste very good out of them for very long. Once you put coffee in a couple of times, everything else starts to taste funny in them. And the coffee just isn't that good, so I guess we'll brew our own and get soda at the grocery store and chill that in the room.

They are nice keepsakes, but I don't think we ever get our money's worth. They are handy mugs to have at home and on cruises. That's where we get our use out of them.

We always got them at the All Stars. Even reused old ones when they had not changed. We only got one for the both of us at SSR. We would share since we were not there as much and it was a much longer walk to the refill station.

we have them from WL & PO
didnt get them when we stayed at CB since that was only 2nights

back in 96 DH got 1 at the AllStars - (dont have it anymore)

In Aug we'll be buying mugs at Pop (5nights) and BCV (6nights) - bringing back our WL for our 3nights in the middle

For us the refill mug at bc was not worth the money, it took too long for refills at Beachs and Creams, and that seemed like the only place you could get the refills.

I think the refill mugs are GREAT at the water parks, they are bigger and we get plenty of use out of them while at the parks.

They are nice keepsakes, and i use them at alot at work fill them with ice at home and then fill up with water at the cooler, last pretty much all day.

No, never bought one from a DVC resort. We always buy a couple of liters of pop (or soda, depending where you are from) and keep it in the refrigerator. I was looking for a new mug as a souvenier on my last trip, I bought a non-refillable one at MGM for around $3.00, including the drink.

We are like CarolMN and DebbieB - only worse. We buy a 12 pack of pop and have 10 cans left at the end of the trip! Next time I think we'll just by a few bottles at $2.50 each at the Screen Door - it will be cheaper!

Really, the fridge in the room makes the refillable mug sort of moot, unless you are going to be using it by the pool or something. Its a long walk to get a pop, when you can grab one out of the fridge.

We made good use out of mugs when we were WL guests - no grocery stop, no fridge in the room, no coffee maker, and kids who wanted hot chocolate twice a day. Didn't use it for pop too much, but lots of coffee and Swiss Miss. The coffee maker and microwave in the DVC units takes care of that problem too!

I'm a mug person. I love my mugs. They're nice souvenirs and we use ours at home all the time. Since there are 5 of us, we have a nice collection. We have mugs from the Poly, GF, CBR, POR, BC and BW. I do wish the deluxe resorts had the travel mugs. I really like those. I also like that fact that the CBR mugs come in different colors. It's really a pain with 5 people trying to figure which mug is yours when they're all the same color.

Last year we only bought 2 mugs when we were at the BWV's. That was mainly for the girls at the pool. My pool drinks don't come in a refillable mug. :teeth:

I like to get up and take my walk to get coffee and breakfast in the morning. I also carry my coffee with me as we head to the parks. When I'm done, I rinse my mug and put it in my backpack. That way when I get a soda later I can just dump it into my mug, instead of carrying the flimsy cups.

DeeDeeDis said:
For us the refill mug at bc was not worth the money, it took too long for refills at Beachs and Creams, and that seemed like the only place you could get the refills.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the new Beach Club Marketplace they're opening soon going to have a soda and coffee station in it for the mugs?

I would have to agree about B&C and the mugs, though. It gets so crowded in that small little area with the take out counter and people with the mugs. Hopefully this new place will help with that.

We only get them when we go to HH. We spend so much time at the resort when there, that we feel it is worthwhile.

My option wasn't listed. We have never purchased the refillable mugs. We always keep cold water and soda in the fridge, so never saw a necessity for them.

We buy them - because we travel from the UK we always are at WDW for at least a fortnight so they save us money for sure :)

The main reason to buy them for us though is to have them as a keepsake :)

No. We don't usually drink much Coke. However, I could see us trying the mugs some time.

I love taking my mug to the BoardWalk Bakery at 7am and getting my coffee. Then I take a nice stroll around the lake.

Also nice at night to get a cold drink.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter