Did you ever receive a quote for a package....

redc

DIS Veteran
...and then have the CM say a mistake was made and then renege on the deal?

I just called for a 5 day pkg at WL for Aug, received a price from the CM, then confirmed the details of the package: Dates, MYW passes w/PH, DDP for 2 adults, 2 kids, then confirmed the price again. The CM put me on hold and then came back and said the "system" had mispriced the pkg and the offer would be several hundred dollars higher?!?!?!?

I said that I had agreed to the price that he offered me. He said he couldn't sell it at that price. I asked to peak to a supervisor. He reitereated the "I'm sorry but the system mispriced the deal and they couldn't sell it at the first price they quoted me."

I made some analogies about how other retailers would stand behind their first offer regardless of who made the mistake....and how Disney should honorably stand by their first offer.

No way, no how....sorry.

I'm just really peeved at this...thanks for letting me vent. :badpc:

I've never come across this before, but I always price packages online and then call to book. I have learned that insurance is (usually) automatically figured in so I always specify "no insurance"....and the price given to me by a CM is always dead on with what I got online ::yes::. Sorry this has happened to you :worried:. All I can think of is maybe the CM made a mistake when he first priced it by not adding in the right number of children, DDP, or hopper option or something :confused3?

Unless you had put a deposit on your vacation, then, you were simply give an quote. The error was discovered before you paid your deposit so I would say that unfortunately you should not be entitled to the first price which was lower.

I would say that unfortunately you should not be entitled to the first price which was lower.

There's that word that the CMs kept using. Why is it my misfortune instead of the party that made the mistake. Their system hadn't added the DDP to three members of my party. That's on them, not me!
I accepted their offer.
Verbal agreements are made all the time in business, I use them all the time in my job.
In my heart, I believe that Disney should stand behind their quote, as well as my acceptance of their quote, as any good business should.

They shouldn't be entitled to a "do over!!!"

Yes! Had the same thing happen with a room quote, when I called back to book it there was no record of that price ever being available and they wouldn't honor it. Went through supervisors and everything....no go! It was for a villa at BW or OKW and it was fantastic.

I think they should have honored it. You didn't even get the chance to make a deposit so that is a moot point.

There's that word that the CMs kept using. Why is it my misfortune instead of the party that made the mistake. Their system hadn't added the DDP to three members of my party. That's on them, not me!
I accepted their offer.
Verbal agreements are made all the time in business, I use them all the time in my job.
In my heart, I believe that Disney should stand behind their quote, as well as my acceptance of their quote, as any good business should.

As others said, it is a non-binding quote until you make a deposit, so although it sucks, they're doing what they are allowed.

I accepted their offer.

So, what you were quoted didn't include 3 of your DDP, so at best, if honored the quote would not be expected to just give you the "freebies" - doubt in you business that when you find a mistake you not only give the item they are entitled to & add a bonus :rotfl:

The thing is, an offer for a sale is just that, an offer, subject to terms and conditions. I suspect that if you requested a copy of their terms and conditions they would state that the "Deal" is not done until the deposit is made. The only offers that are irrevocable are those that have some form of consideration attached for the privilege of having an irrevocable offer...and you supplied no consideration that I can see. SO, all that being said, if the numbers are the same as what you were initially quoted for your party + the 3 DDPs that were missing - it sounds like you did just fine.

Unless you had put a deposit on your vacation, then, you were simply give an quote. The error was discovered before you paid your deposit so I would say that unfortunately you should not be entitled to the first price which was lower.

I agree completely with this. If you paid the deposit and then they came back at a later date saying that they mispriced it, this would be a different story.

I accepted their offer.

You can argue your point here all you want. you will get people here that agree and disagree with you. The fact is that your price isn't going to change now and Disney isn't going to give you the lower price. You were "quoted" something and it was incorrect and they caught it before you paid your deposit.

You are peeved because you did not get something for free. The CM or the "system" made the error and it was caught before any money exchanged hands.

I received a quote 3 years ago for a great price at AKL. I agreed to that quote. It doesn't mean it stands true now just as your quote didn't stand true after the glitch was discovered

I used to be a TA and it happened to me several times with Disney.

One time not too long ago I called to get a quote on adding one night to a package. The agent recapped all the info and gave me the price. I put him on hold for 30 seconds to tell the client the new price. Of course the CM hung up on me. So, I called back and the new CM's price was $400 more.

I complained that I had the CM's name I talked to, the exact quote I got and that I had already told the client the price and I can't just say "oh well, too bad I need $400 more". I spoke to guest relations and they said there's nothing they can do unless you have a confirmation showing the mistake. They told me the CM probably noticed his mistake and that's why he hung up on me.

Disney will rarely do anything in this situation that's why I like booking online better. But, to make changes- you have to call.

If you paid the deposit and then they came back at a later date saying that they mispriced it, this would be a different story.

In fact I gave the CM my credit card number with all the details: name, address, CC number, ex date...in my eyes, I paid for the darn deal. But nope, sorry, we made a mistake and YOU suffer.

In fact I gave the CM my credit card number with all the details: name, address, CC number, ex date...in my eyes, I paid for the darn deal. But nope, sorry, we made a mistake and YOU suffer.
I Completely understand your frustration but arguing here is not going to get you a solution at all.

Disney isn't going to give you the lower rate and you can keep arguing your point until you are blue in the face. It's still not going to change anything. Your options are to keep calling and go up the chain and see if someone will give you your free DDP. Noone is going to have any record of your misquote so it's your word agains theirs. Your next option is to book your vacation at the regular price or lastly, you can choose not to go to WDW.

If you want us to agree with you, we sure could but it won't change anything. I hope this doesn't ruin your vacation

In booking room-only packages, they send this verbiage along with the reservation confirmation email:

"Disney reserves the right to cancel or modify a room reservation (including after the room reservation has been confirmed) if the room reservation includes or resulted from a mistake or error of any kind, including but not limited to, a mistake or error in the rate, resort or room type, or where it appears that a guest has engaged in fraudulent or misleading activity in making the room reservation."

I'm pretty sure a confirmation for a package includes similar verbiage, meaning that even if you had been able to confirm, they could have (and likely would have) amended your total package price to include the 3 DDPs left off the original quote.

I don't see how you've "suffered" any actual damages here. Still, if you plan to sue, please keep us informed on how your case is progressing. Good luck.

I agree with the previous posts...the reason being that if someone calls and makes ressies for next year and pay in full, they are still subjected to any price increases. I'm not even talking about packages, that's just for 'room only' That has happened to us for the last two years :( I think if people are paid in full before new pricing is released then they shouldn't have to pay the difference. But, the world is an imperfect place

OP you are justified in how you feel, I would feel the same way

I wanted to tell the OP that I feel so sorry that this happened, I too would be very frustrated and upset. Hopefully this won't happen again. I can't really understand why people are flaming, you were just frustrated and venting, its not like you expected to get your ressie changed after the fact.

I wanted to tell the OP that I feel so sorry that this happened, I too would be very frustrated and upset. Hopefully this won't happen again. I can't really understand why people are flaming, you were just frustrated and venting, its not like you expected to get your ressie changed after the fact.
I dont think there is any flaming going on here. We were just expressing the truth that Disney does not owe the OP anything. You say that the OP is not expecting to get their ressie changed after the fact when that is exactly what they want. They want Disney to give them the price of the glitch when their Terms say they do not.

We aren't saying that the OP's feelings aren't justified, it's just reality that nothing will be done about it.

How many people are accidently charged more with out knowing it. In canada we have a scanning code if a product on the shelf is differant then they get it free up to $10. So a small discount would be work great here.

Thanks for your kind compassion.

I didn't expect anything after the fact, I just thought Disney could have been more professional than just saying "Sorry Charlie, my bad, but you're out of luck."

I'm done venting, unless someone else wants to repeat the "Did you expect to get something for free, we're just stating the truth" mantra.

I didn't expect anything after the fact, I just thought Disney could have been more professional than just saying "Sorry Charlie, my bad, but you're out of luck."
Well, but then what would you expect them to say? Seriously? What response to the situation would have satisfied you to the point that you would not have posted/vented?

OP.. might be interested in this thread...seems you aren't the only persons experiencing this situation..or something quite similar. It's NO mistake.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1720818&page=9

This post in particular taken from the thread below gives certain insights as to what has been going on as of late.:

Ok, sadly, I saw this thread on a different thread on the budget board, and had to come over to read this one! I responded on that one, and I'll respond here!

I had a friend that worked in the Tampa reservations center for a couple of years (actually somewhere between 1-2 yrs, I think). Anyway, she loved all things Disney, and thought what could be better than helping others plan their "once-in-a-lifetime" Disney vacations. Her thoughts were quickly dashed not long after orientation.

At the time (and it sounds like it still is), the CRO CMs were on a quota system. The more $$$ they booked (and got payment for), the more towards their quota. If they don't meet their quota for more than so many months, they are automatically fired for "not performing". So, there was definitely a push to get you to book on that first call, because if you call back and talk to a different CM, and make a different booking, the original CM gets NO credit (and they could have spent hours with you on the phone).

So, sadly, she would follow the rules, and help people book their dream vacations, and finally, she just couldn't make her quotas for a couple of months and she decided that she had had enough. And, on top of that, she would have tales of several of the CMs on her team, and on other teams, that would intentionally deceive guests to get them to book, and sadly, some of the management would just look the other way (because those CMs were making their quotas). She was very discouraged by her manager who said "at least xxx is making their quota". She just couldn't live with being dishonest, and figured that it wasn't worth it.

She told one tale of CMs disconnecting people that had called to book values. She told tales of a CM that would tell guests that the only rooms left were the big $$$ ones, in order to boost their dollars towards their quota, and on and on. So, this new ploy sounds like the exact same thing. The CMs are holding on for dear life to keep their jobs, so they will use any tactic that they can think of to do it.

So, while I still love all things Disney, I am VERY cautious about calling CRO, and if at all possible, I book online, and don't bother with CRO at all!!!

Yes, I know that there are CMs and managers out there that are playing by the "rules" and giving guests a great experience. But unfortunately, this quota system (and the lack of managers to enforce good business practices), have led to some less than honest CMs booking your vacation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter