Did you ever have an ADR for too many people?

Coconuts

DIS Veteran
I have been searching for an elusive ADR for our November trip. I have a family of 5, which isn't easy to find ADR's for:headache:, and I read on the Disboards that sometimes you can find tables for 6 more easily. Well, I finally found an ADR, but it's for 6 not 5. If I book the ADR, will we be turned away at the restaurant? Do I call Disney Dining to change the amount of people or do I wait until we get to the ADR?:confused3

Thanks for the input.:goodvibes

Iv made a ADR for 10 ppl and only 8 show up. No big deal:) the couple cancelled 3 days before our trip and I wasnt cancelling all our ADR's

On our middle trip there last year, we were a party of 6 and one person cancelled last minute. Every ADR for the week was for 6 and only 5 of us went. It was never a problem. At most places, a 5 person reservation is going to sit at a 6 top table anyway.

On our middle trip there last year, we were a party of 6 and one person cancelled last minute. Every ADR for the week was for 6 and only 5 of us went. It was never a problem. At most places, a 5 person reservation is going to sit at a 6 top table anyway.

I agree with the above. I would keep it as it is. You will need a table top of 6 anyway for 5 ppl. So just leave it. The system is very tricky with odd numbers for some reason.

I'm going through the same thing with my family of 3. There are plenty of tables for 4 but none for 3. :confused3 I don't get it as we will need to sit at a table for 4 anyways.

What happens when you use a CC to book? We would like to book Akershus. How would that work? Would I need to cancel the 4th guest? Would they make me cancel the whole ressie? There isn't anything available for 3.

I'm going through the same thing with my family of 3. There are plenty of tables for 4 but none for 3. :confused3 I don't get it as we will need to sit at a table for 4 anyways.

What happens when you use a CC to book? We would like to book Akershus. How would that work? Would I need to cancel the 4th guest? Would they make me cancel the whole ressie? There isn't anything available for 3.

Go ahead and book the four-person ADR then call and change the ADR to three people to avoid the extra charge.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter