Did we survive 11 days of DxDP? Upd 3/24 California Grill

Great dining reveiw:thumbsup2 We are thinking about going for Christmas so it was very interesting to see which places you chose to eat at during that time. It gave me a lot of different ideas. Can't wait for the rest of your report.

The little boys look like they enjoyed the pretzels. :) I love jalepeno and I love soft pretzels so why have I never bought a jalepeno pretzel? :confused3 I need to fix that one of these days!

Your Tamu Tamu lunch looks like a really great CS option. Em is not such a fan of Flame Tree BBQ so I need an option that she might like. That looks like it!

They hand out cookies in the lobby?? Awesome! We have BWI booked in December so if they throw free cookies our way, sweet! ;)

I know exactly what you mean about the "mystery gel". We ate at Restaurantsaurus at AK and they have the same "cheesecake". I scooped that gel off and ate just the middle part - didn't really like the crumbs at the bottom either. :confused3

Ick...the "mystery gel". I dont know what in the world that is supposed to be :confused3

Great looking snacks :)

Thank you :goodvibes

I think we'll steer clear of the luau. My husband always wants to eat there so he can get beer with his meal! Not worth it to me!

Oh my goodness, the O'hana breakfast looks yummy! I can't wait to eat there in August!

I too would love a vacation that was long enough to eat my way through Disney! Maybe someday!

Ohana breakfast was quite yummy! Hope you enjoy your ADR in August.

As you near the end, I just wanted to say thanks. Thanks for sharing all your pictures, your family & your wonderful reviews with us. I enjoyed them so much & looked forward to every new installment. I appreciate all the work you put into it. Again, just awesome. Thanks! ! ! :thumbsup2

Thank you so much for following along :goodvibes This was my first DR, so it has been fun to do. I appreciate your kind words.

Thanks for taking us along on your wonderful trip! Your reviews were fantastic and the pictures were really great. It looks like you had a really magical time!!! :goodvibes

Thank you so much for following along and the kind words. We truely did have a magical trip!

Just found your great dining report.. Signing in for the last parts :)

:wave2: Welcome!

Wow, I've just read your whole review during my lunch break :surfweb:
Great and detailed reviews, thanks so much for sharing
You've really helped me to narrow down some of our choices
Our trip isn't until December but it's never too early to plan right ;)

:wave2: Welcome! Glad you are enjoying the reviews and they have helped in narrowing down your choices for your Dec trip -- which I agree, its NEVER too early to plan!

Great dining reveiw:thumbsup2 We are thinking about going for Christmas so it was very interesting to see which places you chose to eat at during that time. It gave me a lot of different ideas. Can't wait for the rest of your report.

Thank you! Christmas was a beautiful time to visit.

The little boys look like they enjoyed the pretzels. :) I love jalepeno and I love soft pretzels so why have I never bought a jalepeno pretzel? :confused3 I need to fix that one of these days!

Your Tamu Tamu lunch looks like a really great CS option. Em is not such a fan of Flame Tree BBQ so I need an option that she might like. That looks like it!

They hand out cookies in the lobby?? Awesome! We have BWI booked in December so if they throw free cookies our way, sweet! ;)

The jalapeno pretzels are soooo good! Definately recommend you try one!!

Tamu Tamu was nice. We had never eaten there before, but the menu looked good and there was ample seating, so thats how we picked it.

I dont know how often they were handing out the cookies in the lobby at BW. I dont know if it was because it was Christmas Eve...or because Santa was meeting in the lobby :confused3 But they were nice and soft cookies ;)

Our final dinner at WDW was on December 27 at Caifornia Grill. We had a 725pm ADR and I was very excited about this one!

We arrived about 15 minutes before our ADR and checked in. We were immeadiately taken up to the 15th floor. We decided to head out to the observation deck while we waited so we could enjoy the beautiful view. After taking a few pictures, we headed back inside since it was getting chilly. We were seated just before 8pm.

We were brought out the bread. It was warm and soft and delicious!

DSCN2173.jpg

For appetizers, we all had something different.

I ordered Sonoma Goat Cheese Ravioli with Sun-dried Tomatoes, Pesto, Shiitake Mushrooms, Basil. This was delicious! I really loved the flavors together.

DSCN2179.jpg

Bo ordered Crispy Rock Shrimp Salad with Asian Pear, Red Onions, Soy Reduction, Wasabi Cream. He thought this was very good.

DSCN2178.jpg

Hunter ordered Bacon Cheeseburger Flatbread with Wagyu Beef, Tillamook Cheddar, House-made Dill Pickles, Florida Tomato Ketchup. OMG, THIS WAS SOOOO GOOD!! Hunter loved this and was nice enough to share with Bo and I, and we both agreed this was amazing! I really hope this stays on the menu after the refurb.

DSCN2175.jpg

Harper ordered Triple Cheese Flat Bread Pecorino, Asiago, and Provlone, Sun-dried Tomato, Arugula Pesto (hold the Sun Dried Tomato & Arugula Pesto). She really enjoyed this. Bo & I both tried a bite and while it was good, I would have liked to have tried it with the sun dried tomato and pesto.

DSCN2176.jpg

For the little boys, they both had fresh fruit plate. What can I say, it was fruit...they love fruit.

DSCN2174.jpg

For our entrees, Bo & I both ordered the same thing. Oak-fired Filet of Beef with Buttered Purple Stokes Purée, Citrus-glazed Carrots, Teriyaki Barbecue. Goodness, this was delish! The beef was cooked perfect...the puree...the carrots...it was all so perfect together! We had a nice glass of wine the waiter recommended once we picked our entree, and everything just balanced so well together.

DSCN2181.jpg

Hunter & Harper both ordered the same thing. Grilled Pork Tenderloin with Goat Cheese Polenta, Roasted Mushrooms, Zinfandel Glaze, Crispy Sage. They both enjoyed this, but couldnt eat everything after the appetizers. I tried a bite of Harpers and thought the pork tenderloin and polenta were very nice together.

DSCN2180.jpg

Jaxon had House-made Whole-Wheat Pizza with Provolone Cheese. He loved this...until he fell asleep! It was actually very good for a kids pizza!

DSCN2182.jpg

Evan had House-made Macaroni & Cheese. This was really good too. Evan enjoyed it...until he fell asleep.

DSCN2183.jpg

For dessert, Bo & I ordered the same thing Bananas and Caramel Crispy Baked Phyllo Squares layered with Banana, Mascarpone Mousse, and Caramelized Banana. I LOVED this! I knew looking at the menu for several months, that this was what I wanted if it was on the menu...I am so glad it was. Bo really enjoyed this too.

DSCN2195.jpg

Hunter ordered Warm Heirloom Apple Crisp (No Sugar Added) Chai ice Cream, Hippen Tuile, and Apple-Currant Compote. He thought this was really good, but was too full to enjoy more than a few bites.

DSCN2193.jpg

Harper ordered Valrhona Chocolate Cake Warm Chocolate Cake with Molten Center, Gianduja Ice Cream, and Frangelico Chocolate Sauce. She loves molten cake and this one did not disappoint.

DSCN2194.jpg

The little boys were still sleeping, so we got their dessert boxed to go. Crisped Rice Sushi Plate. This picture was taken the next day and one of the pieces got attacked before the picture, so rest assured, the orange piece on the right did not look like that when we got it ;) The presentation was super cute and the little boys loved it.

DSCN2221.jpg

As we were finishing up dessert, Holiday Wishes was just about to start, so Hunter & I braved the chilly weather and watched from the observation deck, while Bo & Harper watched from our table and the little boys slept. Perfect way to spend our last evening at WDW.

Would we return to California Grill...ABSOLUTELY!!

12TS credits used

Your dinner at Cali Grill looks delicious

Is it wrong that a grown adult (me) wants to order the crisped rice sushi for dessert!! ;)

Your dinner at Cali Grill looks delicious

Is it wrong that a grown adult (me) wants to order the crisped rice sushi for dessert!! ;)

Thank you, we all really enjoyed CG! Cant wait to eat there again.

The little boys dessert was super cute! So creative how they put it together. I wouldnt mind trying it either ;)

Mmmm, I LOVED California Grill! What an excellent last dinner choice in the World!

Hunter's flatbread looks incredible. I may have to try it on a future visit (if it's still on the menu!). I can't wait to try the "new" California Grill! :banana:

Your meal at Cali Grill looks yummy! We are so bummed that it will not be open when we are there in August. We were looking forward to having our anniversary dinner there. :(

California Grill is my favorite! If the cheese, pesto and sun dried tomato flatbread is on the menu after the refurb I highly recommend it! I'm in love with their filet and hoping that's on the menu as well. And the chocolate cake. Yum. My mouth is watering! CG is by far my favorite restaurant on property! (And the kids sushi dessert is just too cute! My oldest got that to go a few years ago and I though it was too cute!)

Love your thread! I read the whole thing and have some great ideas for a future trip. Thanks so much for taking the time to do all of this work. Only problem is that it is now almost 11:30pm and I am starving! :rotfl:

California grill is one of our favorites! We had the goat cheese ravioli in December as well. It is one of my favorite dishes there. I have the recipe in a cookbook I bought on our honeymoon and occasionally make them at home. Never as good as CG though! Great last dinner in the word!

Mmmm, I LOVED California Grill! What an excellent last dinner choice in the World!

Hunter's flatbread looks incredible. I may have to try it on a future visit (if it's still on the menu!). I can't wait to try the "new" California Grill! :banana:

I knew CG was what I wanted for our last night at WDW -- it just seemed like the perfect way to end the trip.

Hunter's flatbread was AMMMMMAZING! Excited to see what CG is like after refurbishment.

Your meal at Cali Grill looks yummy! We are so bummed that it will not be open when we are there in August. We were looking forward to having our anniversary dinner there. :(

CG was delish! Definately did not disappoint. I'm sorry it will still be closed for refurb when you are there in Aug.

Welcome :wave:

California Grill is my favorite! If the cheese, pesto and sun dried tomato flatbread is on the menu after the refurb I highly recommend it! I'm in love with their filet and hoping that's on the menu as well. And the chocolate cake. Yum. My mouth is watering! CG is by far my favorite restaurant on property! (And the kids sushi dessert is just too cute! My oldest got that to go a few years ago and I though it was too cute!)

I definately want to try the cheese flatbread in all its glory :thumbsup2 CG was such a stellar choice and I'm glad we were able to get an ADR there for our final night. The kids sushi dessert was adorable!

Love your thread! I read the whole thing and have some great ideas for a future trip. Thanks so much for taking the time to do all of this work. Only problem is that it is now almost 11:30pm and I am starving! :rotfl:

Glad you enjoyed the DR and that you got some ideas for a future trip ;)

California grill is one of our favorites! We had the goat cheese ravioli in December as well. It is one of my favorite dishes there. I have the recipe in a cookbook I bought on our honeymoon and occasionally make them at home. Never as good as CG though! Great last dinner in the word!

Isnt CG just amazing??!! We make Le Cellier cheese soup at home too, and you are right, its never as good as we get at WDW.

Just finished reading your whole thread. It was so much fun! Thanks

Thank you, glad you enjoyed it :goodvibes

Thank you for posting this, I mean it. I just made our reservations for 5n/6d at WDW for October. It's our Honeymoon and we're on the DxDP and we're eating two sit down meals a day and I was just thinking this might be too much but see how wonderful a time your family had with their meals has hyped me up again. Thanks for bring the magic home and sharing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter