Did Someone Say Adventure?! An Oct '13 TR! (Updated 5/27/14)

Day 8 - Animal Kingdom

Sigh, our last day in Disney had finally arrived :( Of course it was a sad morning packing everything up, but we still had one last park to visit before heading back to reality!

We checked our bags and were on our way to Animal Kingdom! We got there pretty quickly and had time to kill before the turnstiles opened, so we took some PP pics.

Finally the park opened and we witnessed this beauty!

And of course had to take some more PP pics!

We headed straight to Kilimanjaro Safaris to ride standby. I think we waited about 10-15 minutes before boarding. It was a fun ride, we actually got to see the rhinos be pretty active which was really cool! Now for KS picture spam :)

What a pretty morning to start your day with! Awesome pics so far. It's hard to get through the safari without taking tons of pictures!

So sad to start your last day but you are at one of my favorite parks!

Love all the Safari pictures! I just love that ride, it's so awesome!

Last day, yuck! :sad2:

Great pictures of the Safari, you can never have too many photos of animals. ::yes::

Boo last day. Funny though that I see more and more people heading to AK on the last day.

And Stitch Magic Shot!!! I "may" have something similar coming up. Scratch that... LOADS of Magic Shots. Way to cover them all. :thumbsup2

Awww I love seeing the giraffes, but giraffes stretching to eat is the best. :goodvibes

Booooooo for the last day!! :sad:

AK is so beautiful first thing in the morning, especially in the fall when it is still usually pretty cool at that time of day.

Cute photo pass pictures! I love your Mickey shirt.

bummer about it being the last day, but yeah for tons of PP pics!

Looks like a pretty good safari!

Great rhino pic and I love the Tinkerbell Magic Shot!!

It makes me sad to see your trip ending. I've enjoyed your trip report a lot!

WOW! Fantastic pic of the lioness!!!

Thank you!

What a pretty morning to start your day with! Awesome pics so far. It's hard to get through the safari without taking tons of pictures!

Thank you! So true, there is so much to capture!

So sad to start your last day but you are at one of my favorite parks!

Love all the Safari pictures! I just love that ride, it's so awesome!

I loved spending our last day at AK! Thank you, I agree it's such an awesome ride :thumbsup2

Last day, yuck! :sad2:

Great pictures of the Safari, you can never have too many photos of animals. ::yes::

Thank you, so very true!

Boo last day. Funny though that I see more and more people heading to AK on the last day.

And Stitch Magic Shot!!! I "may" have something similar coming up. Scratch that... LOADS of Magic Shots. Way to cover them all. :thumbsup2

Awww I love seeing the giraffes, but giraffes stretching to eat is the best. :goodvibes

I agree I'm seeing alot of that lately too. I'm really glad we spent our last day there. Even though I'd love one last chance to go to MK, I think it would be harder to get me to leave if I did that!

I agree about the giraffes! :)

Booooooo for the last day!! :sad:

AK is so beautiful first thing in the morning, especially in the fall when it is still usually pretty cool at that time of day.

Cute photo pass pictures! I love your Mickey shirt.

It's so beautiful, and yes it was so nice that it wasn't super hot yet!

Thank you! The shirt was a gift, I believe from target!

bummer about it being the last day, but yeah for tons of PP pics!

Looks like a pretty good safari!

I can never resist a PP pic! Thank you, it was!

Great rhino pic and I love the Tinkerbell Magic Shot!!

It makes me sad to see your trip ending. I've enjoyed your trip report a lot!

Thank you so much, I'm so glad you followed along and enjoyed :goodvibes

You spent your last day in AK too!

Yes! :thumbsup2 And a good choice it was!

I'm sorry for the delay in posting! I think it's a combination of not wanting this TR to end :-)sad1:) and being super busy! So with that, I also apologize for this post being a little on the short side ;)

Day 8 - Animal Kingdom Continued

When we got off, we headed over and grabbed some FPs for Expedition Everest and also took some pics as well!

We then rode Dinosaur standby; I think we waited about 15 minutes here as well. I think this ride is OK, but definitely not a must do for me. Mom & Dad felt the same, but we were still glad we rode it! If anything, we got to pretty funny pics out of it!

First is this one, Mom almost getting her head bit off by a dino:

And the second is our ride photo, where I look absolutely petrified!

After that, we headed over to meet Mickey & Minnie in their new M&G spot! The wait time said 25 minutes and though the line was short, it did take about that to get in to the room. I love the themeing of this greet, and Mickey & Minnie were great as usual!

I agree on Dinosaur which is kinda funny since I used to LOVE it, but now I think I'm just bored with it. I didn't ride it at all in December and I even had a FP+ for it. You do look petrified though. ;)

OMG I adore those Mickey/Minnie touring the world photos. They're precious and amusing at the same time.

Haha don't feel bad in all of my Dinosaur ride photos I look the same, petrified.

Cute shots with Minnie and Mickey! I love that they put them together over there!

Minnie and Mickey are SO cute in their safari outfits!

The Everest pictures are beautiful!

I have never ridden Dinosaur before. It hasn't been on my "must do" list but I may give it a try this summer.

Happy Friday!

I don't know why I love that dinosaur ride so much, but I do! our kids rode it for the first time on our last trip. they didn't love it quite as much. :rotfl:

cute pics with Minnie and mickey. we've never met them at AK (besides mickey at tusker house). they're sure cute though!

Great update! :)

Thanks!

I agree on Dinosaur which is kinda funny since I used to LOVE it, but now I think I'm just bored with it. I didn't ride it at all in December and I even had a FP+ for it. You do look petrified though. ;)

OMG I adore those Mickey/Minnie touring the world photos. They're precious and amusing at the same time.

I have no idea why I was SO petrified haha

I adore them too, and they are pretty amusing!

Haha don't feel bad in all of my Dinosaur ride photos I look the same, petrified.

Cute shots with Minnie and Mickey! I love that they put them together over there!

I'm glad I'm not the only one!

Thank you! I'm glad too, they really need to meet together in more locations!

Great ride photo! That face!!!

Haha thank you! :goodvibes

Minnie and Mickey are SO cute in their safari outfits!

The Everest pictures are beautiful!

I have not rode Dinosaur before. It hasn't been on my "must do" list but I may give it a try this summer.

Happy Friday!

I agree, so cute!

Thank you!

Dinosaur is definitely fun to try at least once, but it's definitely not one I'd have to ride every trip.

I don't know why I love that dinosaur ride so much, but I do! our kids rode it for the first time on our last trip. they didn't love it quite as much. :rotfl:

cute pics with Minnie and mickey. we've never met them at AK (besides mickey at tusker house). they're sure cute though!

Haha thanks! I can understand why they didn't love it ;)

Thanks! It is a really cute area to meet them!

Day 8 - Animal Kingdom, the Conclusion

After meeting Mickey & Minnie, it was time for something very special! I have a good friend who lives in Florida that I hadn't seen in about 6 years. She lives 3 hours from Disney and has an AP. Well when I told her I'd be heading down, she decided her and her BF would take a day trip to meet up with us! They arrived just as we finished meeting Mickey & Minnie so we met up near It's Tough To Be A Bug. It was nice to reunite with an old friend! (I won't be posting any pics that include her as I didn't ask permission to post them here).

Since she and her bf have AP's they just tagged along with what we wanted to see/do, so we headed over to check out the Maharajah Jungle Trek. Mom spent a lot of time taking photos here and checking out the tigers and bats. My friend and I used this time to chat and catch up, while also admiring the animals! ;)

When we were done, it was time to use our FPs for Expedition Everest! I was SO SO excited to be reunited with my 2nd love (behind ToT of course).

I loved it, of course! Mom & Dad? Not so much haha Mom didn't hate it but I think it was a little intense for her. However she's already mentioned that on a future trip, she would definitely like to give it a shot again! Go Mom!

We were pretty hungry when we were done, so lunch was in order! I had it in my head that we would go to Flame Tree BBQ but we ended up deciding on Yak & Yeti's QS counter. I wasn't sure how I'd feel about it (I'm a little picky about my Chinese food) but I ended up LOVING it and my parents felt the same way. I got the Honey Chicken and they split the Sweet & Sour chicken. I'm so glad we went with this and would definitely eat here again!

Since our bellies were satisfied we decided to head back over to Dinoland. We grabbed FPs to ride Dinosaur again, since my friend has never ridden it! At this point we split up from my mom and dad.

Mom & Dad used this time to explore, take some pics, and grab a drink ;)

My friends and I decided to take a spin on Primevel Whirl, which was only about a 10 minute wait. This is such a typical carnival ride but I still enjoy it for some reason!

We still had some time to kill before meeting up with my parents to ride Dinosaur, so we hopped in line to meet Goofy & Pluto! I'd never done this greet before and I can't resist characters in different costumes, so I was excited!

We finished just in time to meet Mom & Dad to ride Dinosaur! After that we decided to head out of the park. AS I expected, Dad was getting antsy about making it back to the hotel in time for the DME bus. We said our goodbyes to my friend and her BF and hopped on the bus back. I'm really glad I was able to see my friend after such a long period of time, and the fact that it was in Disney made it even better!

Firsts of the day:
-Meeting Mickey & Minnie in their new area
-Meeting Goofy & Pluto in Dinoland
-Eating at Yak & Yeti QS

We made it back to the hotel with of course plenty of time to spare haha. I was already feeling the depression sink in, so I did what any normal person would do and spent more money on pins in the Gift shop :) It was super warm out but we decided to sit at one of the tables by the main pool and soak in the last few rays of sun.

Pretty soon it was time to head out front to wait for the UNMAGICAL Express. It came pretty much on time and I looked like this throughout the entire ride to MCO:

We made it to the airport and through security without any problems. We ate some Halloween candy while waiting and soon enough it was time to board. The flight was nice and uneventful, and just like that we were home and back to reality :(

I'm going to do one last wrap up post, so stay tuned for that!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter