Did price for Cape May Character Breakfast go up??

Donald Fan 2005

Mouseketeer
I think the price for this went up can anyone confirm? I feel like it went up $8-10 per adult. We are paying OOP and I picked this character bfast because it was slightly cheaper. Upset about it but what can you do..? Thanks

I think the price for this went up can anyone confirm? I feel like it went up $8-10 per adult. We are paying OOP and I picked this character bfast because it was slightly cheaper. Upset about it but what can you do..? Thanks

I thought it was $23 for an adult. It certainly wasn't $13-$15. And I know it's not closer to $30. I thought it was around $18 last year and went up to about $23.

I haven't been there in a few years but back then breakfast for 2 adults was $37ish before the tip. No way would I pay close to $60 for a breakfast there.

I haven't been there in a few years but back then breakfast for 2 adults was $37ish before the tip. No way would I pay close to $60 for a breakfast there.

I'm beginning to think the same thing. It's the same price now as Chef Mickey and O'hana. I'm scrambling to find something else in less than 2 weeks.. I got O'hana but not sure that's what I want.

Don't forget, if you go during peak season, you have the $4.00/adult and $2.00/child buffet surcharge to deal with. As an FYI to compare - just checked receipt for July (peak season), and we paid $24.99/adult and $13.99/child. Take away the buffet surcharge, and it is $20.99/adult and $11.99/child.

Disney does not advertise, nor itemize the buffet surcharge. They always go by current pricing, so they print up new menus and signs throughout the year, with the current price on it. I find All Ears has many errors, and I use Disney's website more, but if they have $26.99 as of Oct., then based on what I paid with surcharge included in July, it looks to have gone up, or, they have a surcharge price listed there.

Incidentally, we find character breakfasts to be a total waste of value - $25.00 + tax + tip (sometimes higher with surcharge) for runny eggs, juice and sausages, does not cut it. That being said, we like Cape May because it's always quiet, awesome character interaction, and you can get it as a walk-up, even during peak season, but still not worth the price. We are tired of paying the high fees for character meals, so we won't be doing them much anymore.

I honestly would call Disney Dining, and would not take it from All Ears as their website is full of errors - that is a huge price increase, so I'm hoping it's a pricing error.

Hope this helps, Tiger

I was also upset when I saw the price change from 18.99 to 26.99. That is a huge increase, especially when you have several family members who have to pay adult prices for breakfast.

It has made me reconsider paying for this meal OOP. I'll probably just use our DDP TS credits and cancel the extra TS meal I'd scheduled.

Shoot.

In April it was $53 or so for 2 adults this included tax. The prices were wrong on allears.

Wow ... I have been noticing prices increasing alot lately. Merchandise too!. My daughter's bought me the tan dooney and burke crossover bag for Mother's Day. They paid $75 for it. While in WDW 2 weeks ago, I noticed the price for the exact same bag is now priced $95. (All of the other's in this line also increased.) We find ourselves eating off property more and more now. We do have at least 1 TS a day, but seldom eat at the CS anymore. We just stop at publix and pick up a sub or some other ready to go item.

Does anyone know the correct current price? All ears still says $26.99, but the menus in Dis state 20.99.

Disneyworld.com lists the prices for Cape May as $15 - $35.99. The don't distinguish between breakfast and dinner. By the time you add in summer surcharge and tax, you can safely expect it to be around $30 per adult.

Thanks! I makes it hard to plan the budget when the prices listed are so vague.
We'll plan on $30 and hope for less :)

AllEars.net has $26.99/adult as of Oct. 2010

You know what can freeze over before I would pay this kind of money for a Cape May breakfast oop. While I found the character interaction to be among the best at WDW, I thought the breakfast foods were not even par with what you would find at a Golden Corral breakfast buffet for far less. And at Golden Corral at least you get a fresh omelet station; not so at Cape May. If this price is correct, I think somebody at WDW is smoking some funny stuff in their peace pipes. Just my 2 cents. :goodvibes

You know what can freeze over before I would pay this kind of money for a Cape May breakfast oop. While I found the character interaction to be among the best at WDW, I thought the breakfast foods were not even par with what you would find at a Golden Corral breakfast buffet for far less. And at Golden Corral at least you get a fresh omelet station; not so at Cape May. If this price is correct, I think somebody at WDW is smoking some funny stuff in their peace pipes. Just my 2 cents. :goodvibes

The price is correct for peak season. Just check my thread link above, as all buffet prices (except for 1 or 2) are listed as I spent 1 hour on phone with Disney in January confirming prices.

Disney has been steadily raising prices over the past few years - since the inception of the DP, so for those of us regulars, we have been tracking the increases, and you are right, they are very scary. But, so many people, probably most Disney guests are on the DP, so Disney will probably keep raising menu prices, as they are irrelevant to so many guests anyway, as they use credits to pay for their meals.

Tiger

Yes, and we were surprised when we got our bill in October. I had looked on allears and assumed $18 but nearly fell out of the chair when we saw our total for our familyof five :) In my opinion, it was not worth it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter