Did I reserve too early? Will DVC cancel my reservation at VGC that's next week?

NeutralNovice

Mouseketeer
I recently just purchased DVC direct. I have a trip to DLR coming up next week and I was able to find a room at VGC for when I go (25th-28th).

I just remembered seeing dates in my contract so I reviewed it:

Estimated Date Unit is Available for Occupancy: January 28, 2008
Estimated Closing Date: February 20, 2022
Date of this Agreement: January 11, 2022

Am I going to have an issue keeping my reservation at VGC? I didn't think of this at all when I made that booking.

You should be fine. They allow people to book right away. I think these is a process in which they would bill you if you used the contract and did not actually follow through.

You should be fine. They allow people to book right away. I think these is a process in which they would bill you if you used the contract and did not actually follow through.

Ok thank you, I feel a lot better now! So excited for my first DVC experience!!

We had a similar situation when we bought direct, had a cash stay and was able to switch it to poly on points for same weekend. We weren't technically closed I think, but went off without hitch and we had a great first stay.

If you go the credit card in three payments route, the contract doesn't close until the final payment is received, but you are allowed to book and use points.

If you go the credit card in three payments route, the contract doesn't close until the final payment is received, but you are allowed to book and use points.

Ah yes I am going the CC route! Just waiting for a new card to come in so I can get the sign up bonus on it! TY.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!