Did I lose my banked points?

minniecarousel

Chris Isaak fan
i have a Feb use year. We didn't need a studio for our Dec. 2016 trip (the 2 bedroom was enough). We banked the points for that studio. We want to use for April 2017 but I don't see any banked points. Did they go "poof"?

Just a reminder for us to keep track of our use Year & banking window. We lost some but recovered some. Lesson learned.

If I understand your question - you booked a studio for Dec. 2016 & decided not to use it & cancelled it prior to arrival.
If so, the important question is when did you cancel it?
Was it more or less that 30 days prior to your check in date?
I believe if you cancel less than 30 days pre check in those points would have gone into a holding account and would have expired at the end of your 2016 use year (Feb. 2017.)
If canceled more than 30 days before check in then the points should have gone back into the use year they came from in the same status as they were (eg banked points from 2015 stay banked points into 2016, borrowed points from 2017 stay borrowed into 2016 and 2016 points go back to being 2016 points and are bankable.).
If you canceled before 9/30/16 & where using current use year points (2016) then I think you could have banked them - if you canceled after Sept. it was too late to bank. If you were using banked 2015 points or borrowed 2017 points they would not have been bankable @ all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter