Did I Get A Good Deal? Opinions please?

dollcollector1

Mouseketeer
Did I Get A Good Deal? Opinions please?

Dear Group,
This will only be the second time our family is going back to Disney . We are a family of 5 and after 2 weeks of searching online sites and travel agencies, this is what I ended up booking. Can you read below and tell me if I booked a good deal? I put a deposit on the trip and we're going February 2007. Below is the trip and cost. How did I do? Thanks for your replies.

Vacation package booked with Liberty Travel.
2 Adults, 3 kids.
Travel dates: 2/04/07 - 2/10/07

Round trip air from Newark to Orlando , for 5: $1285.50
Port Orleans Riverside , Sunday - Saturday, for 5 : $886.00
Magic Your Way Base with Park Hopper, for 5 : $1315.30
Grand total : $3486.80

Cost per person breakdown is: $697.36

Tomorrow call AAA and ask them for a quote for the above. If it is worth it take out AAA. You may save, but if you are wondering, just get that second opinion.

I would call Disney World Reservation Line and talk with them. I booked from Sept-12-18th and am paying 1800 total for room, tickets, and free dining for 4 adults and an infant. that is not including air fair, that was an extra 400 total. we are also staying in a value resort. thats how you can get cheaper but for the resort you are staying at i think that is a really good deal. :thumbsup2

I think you should be able to find a better deal that that. I agree with bab31, check AAA. I just got a quick quote from WDW's site and it was $3,277.16 (includes airfare, MYW w/park hopper).

You can definitely get the airfare cheaper. Checking only Continental's site (EWR is their hub) the fare is $222.10 pp for a total of $1110.50. I picked a random Feb. Sun-Sat. Non stop flights. It's about $25pp cheaper to go from LGA. And there may be cheaper flights but I just checked COA.

Have fun!!

I saved around 200 with AAA. We are staying at Coronado Springs 6 nights with park hopper tickets $1400 thats with a king room. The quote was actually $1311 standard room. We dont need airfare. Doesnt hurt to get that second opinion. I first checked Disney.com online.

How old are you children? Are they all 10+ or just 2? Or how many days is your ticket for? I can't get that math to work out for your ticket prices. I always come out higher or much lower. Depending on your flight times you may not need a ticket for your arrival and departure day and downgrading your ticket would save you some money.

The resort fee is right on POR is $139 a night in value season which you're barely making given your dates.

The only other place you probably could have saved money is your flights.

CrazyforDisney said:
I would call Disney World Reservation Line and talk with them. I booked from Sept-12-18th and am paying 1800 total for room, tickets, and free dining for 4 adults and an infant. that is not including air fair, that was an extra 400 total. we are also staying in a value resort. thats how you can get cheaper but for the resort you are staying at i think that is a really good deal. :thumbsup2
No free dining in Feb.

The only thing I would add is to book your own airfare. You can shop around and wait until the date of your departure gets closer and probably get a better price on airfare yourself. I would thnk that right after Christmas fares would go down because they usually go before the holidays.

Thanks for all for your feedback. I booked the trip on Saturday with Liberty but I still wanted to hear opinions from the great experts here ! My kids are older, 12, 15 and 15 and we wanted to all be together in one room. The Port Orleans Riverside and the Fort Wilderness cabins are the only places that allows 5 per room. I opted for the Port Orleans because it was less expensive than the Fort Wilderness cabins. We wanted to avoid paying for 2 rooms, so this is why the value resorts were not feasible for us. I told my hubby we could save even more money if he stays homes. :rotfl2: Our hopper passes are for 6 days, so between the 4 parks , Downtown Disney and the 5 pools at the Port Orleans Riverside, we're looking forward to a good time.

dollcollector1 said:
Thanks for all for your feedback. I booked the trip on Saturday with Liberty but I still wanted to hear opinions from the great experts here ! My kids are older, 12, 15 and 15 and we wanted to all be together in one room. The Port Orleans Riverside and the Fort Wilderness cabins are the only places that allows 5 per room. I opted for the Port Orleans because it was less expensive than the Fort Wilderness cabins. We wanted to avoid paying for 2 rooms, so this is why the value resorts were not feasible for us. I told my hubby we could save even more money if he stays homes. :rotfl2: Our hopper passes are for 6 days, so between the 4 parks , Downtown Disney and the 5 pools at the Port Orleans Riverside, we're looking forward to a good time.

Just an FYI even though you are already booked you could still get AAA deal. Saved me about 300.00 for 9 nights in a FW cabin.

ilovejack02 said:
Just an FYI even though you are already booked you could still get AAA deal. Saved me about 300.00 for 9 nights in a FW cabin.

Can you apply AAA to an existing reservation for a Feb. 2007 visit? What happens if they offer a special in the next few months, for last February it was Free Park Hopper and Water Parks?

What happens if they dont? I would get the quote from AAA, Weigh all the options. That way you have made an informed decision.

Just a heads up that the fifth bed in the Port Orleans room is a trundle bed. It may be a little small for a 12 year old.

Our biggest negotiating factor is airfare. We shop around. We got tickets from Pittsburgh to Orlando for 54.88 per person per way! Our round trip air for 5 was under $600.00.

nu cruzer said:
Just a heads up that the fifth bed in the Port Orleans room is a trundle bed. It may be a little small for a 12 year old.

Yeah, I know about the trundle bed. My 12 year old daughter already "claimed " that as her designated sleeping place and is actually excited about the trundle. She's just happy we're going! Nobody is going to be fighting her for the trundle! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter