Did I find an unknown Hidden Mickey on our Disney Dream cruise?

Phil'sFrontier

DIS Veteran
When i was going through the pictures from the cruise using Lightroom, I found this picture I took of the chandelier.

This is the original picture taken with my Nikon D7000 @18mm focal length. I bet everybody has a picture like this. I thought I would do a tight crop of it to get a little different perspective. I cropped the photo to what would be one hundred percent zoom on the image on the computer screen...if that makes any sense. The D7000 is a 16.something megapixel camera so you can get a very tight crop.
DSC_9974-2.jpg

Here is the cropped image...
Is this a known hidden Mickey or did I stumble upon it? I thought it was pretty cool to accidentally take this photo.
DSC_9974.jpg

I wouldn't be able to answer your question, but that sure is one hidden Mickey. Good job spotting that if you are the first to find it. :thumbsup2

When i was going through the pictures from the cruise using Lightroom, I found this picture I took of the chandelier.

This is the original picture taken with my Nikon D7000 @18mm focal length. I bet everybody has a picture like this. I thought I would do a tight crop of it to get a little different perspective. I cropped the photo to what would be one hundred percent zoom on the image on the computer screen...if that makes any sense. The D7000 is a 16.something megapixel camera so you can get a very tight crop.
DSC_9974-2.jpg

Here is the cropped image...
Is this a known hidden Mickey or did I stumble upon it? I thought it was pretty cool to accidentally take this photo.
DSC_9974.jpg

It may be an unintentional hidden mickey. It looks like it might be a piece of mickey head confetti that somehow got into the light fixture.

The one on the first hanging tier does look like a piece of mickey confetti. Maybe we can use it to track how often they dust out the chandelier?

I don't know if it is listed any where, but they are the "intentional hidden mickey" It is decoration on the chandlier. There is one on every other panel.

Good catch though! And a great pic!

Wrong area. Right half of the photo, cream area between the tiers, flat on the ceiling. Ears pointing to the right. I don't think this is confetti.

It's an interesting find! I see the confetti and also the design. I believe it is a design, but not one many people would see! Great details!

I see the confetti piece..oops! :lmao: I can see the "real" hidden mickey you are talking about, tho. I remember seeing those gold mickeys on every other panel on the chandelier...I have a pic too! I just LOVE how they are able to artfully incorporate our favorite mouse in to the decor! :lovestruc Thanks for sharing!!

:confused3

Ok, I see the confetti thingy. I also see the evenly spaced gold mickeys. Is there something else?

So some do and some dont think it is confetti.
If it is confetti, how did it get there? Do they fire it on new years eve? Can it reach up that far? That has got to be at least thirty feet in the air if not more.
Does anyone have insight into this? This was my first cruise so I did not know about mickey confetti.

Here is an even tighter crop of the image. If it is confetti, then the confetti is exactly colour matched to the gold plate on the chandelier. To my eye the colours look the same.
DSC_9974-1.jpg

Very cool...I had noticed the one at the top of the blue sides before (my FE is based off of this chandelier), but never saw the little gold one. Nice catch (even if it confetti)

They shoot off the Mickey head confetti at the end of Til We Meet Again on the last night of the cruise. It can go all over the place and you can find it for days later. LOL! Those are silver, but if it is on the other side of the glass it would just show the outline and not the color.

Nice catch!! I'd venture to say that it's not documented anywhere. You're likely the first person to catch that one. If it is confetti, I hope they never remove it! It could become the legendary hidden Mickey that you have to break out the "good camera" for!! :thumbsup2

What was your orientation when taking the pic? - looking towards....? Elavators, shore exit, staircase.......?

Those are silver, but if it is on the other side of the glass it would just show the outline and not the color.
Good point. I don't think the colour would show through that opaque glass there. It could be glued to the outside of the glass.
I only took this picture at 18mm focal length. I guess you could go in with a tripod, zoom in and take a little sharper image. Mine was handheld at 1/60& ISO400.

I'm gonna try to clear this up.
There are two Mickeys I see in this picture, I have labeled them.

i-SRwnJ7n.jpg

1) Good eye! You found a nice, classy hidden Mickey. They seem to be on every other panel.

2) This is obviously confetti. It is out of place, there are no others like it, there is no reason Disney would design such a beautiful chandelier and then put such a small, cockeyed Mickey like that on it. That's not the point of the hidden Mickeys. The hidden Mickeys are about having a Mickey naturally blend in to the point where you have to be focused on it to see it. This doesn't blend in, it sticks out. This is obviously just a piece of confetti.

Are you talking about the border? If so, there are Mickey's going around the entire tier....that I see. You can see two on the left side too.

2) This is obviously confetti. It is out of place, there are no others like it, there is no reason Disney would design such a beautiful chandelier and then put such a small, cockeyed Mickey like that on it. That's not the point of the hidden Mickeys. The hidden Mickeys are about having a Mickey naturally blend in to the point where you have to be focused on it to see it. This doesn't blend in, it sticks out. This is obviously just a piece of confetti.

Ok, just to clear this up, do you know they use that colour of confetti? It seems to be a match to the gold on the chandelier. I agree it is likely a piece of confetti, but if it was sitting on that piece of glass would you see it that clearly through the opaque glass? It sort of looks like it is on the underside of the glass.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter