Did I do the right thing or did I overreact?

I’ve read it now. I (and most) hit quote and reply without always continuing to read when we see something that we want to respond to.

I know, it happens. I never meant to stir up trouble. I didn’t convey my thoughts as well as I hoped, and boy people let me know.

I have gone back to that post and added in CAPS go to post #54 for clarification. I hope that helps.

As to the birthday party, since no one has been invited as there isn’t even an actual date yet, I would wait and see how things settle down.

Frankly, I would want to squelch a friendship that was so divisive and over dramatic. If this girl doesn’t settle down and mend things on her own, then I wouldn’t invite her.

This is the worst age for a slumber party. The first year of middle school is terrible as friendships change and shift. Things don’t really improve much until high school.
I agree it’s the worst age, with friendships changing frequently. Dd23 has a friend that was an enemy every other day. But they do learn a lot during this time about what being a true friend means.

when I went to school elementary was 1-7 and high school was 8-12. Of course that was the dark ages.
😉

I'm 49 now. For us elementary was K-7, junior high was 8-10, and high school was 11-12. When my daughter was going to school they changed it. She's 26 now. She was so made because she missed her last year at her elementary (she would have been going into grade 7 that year). Now they are K-5, middle school 6-8, high school 9-12.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter