Did I do OK?

sullins5

alias the 'disneychick'
As a graduation gift for my college daughter, we planned a 5night trip in May to CBR.:banana::banana::banana: I had received a PIN for 35% off which came to $632. When I asked about the gift card offer, it made my stay $1700. We really don't want to do but 3 days of the parks as we want to enjoy the resort and Marketplace one day. Was this the best bet for us this trip? And I asked about free dining or any other PIN and she said there was none. However, when I asked about a room at first, she said all they had was a pirate or waterview room. She didn't suggest a standard until I asked for one. So...did I do OK? Or do you suggest some other discount that I don't know of?

Thanks so much for any helps along the way!!!

CBR May 22-29th!!!
:yay::yay::yay:

I think you got a great rate and the gift card offer is not a deal at all for the type of trip you're planning. Have a nice trip!

Just to let you know, after 3 days of tickets, the prices for extra days is very very little. A 3 day ticket is 219, 4 day is 225, 5 day is 228. So those extra park ticket days are only costing $27 for all three of you together. Just think maybe you wanna have a meal at epcot or go see the fireworks another night, even though you don't want to spend the day there. We always get the extra day and spend a couple of hours before heading home. This year we might also use an extra day for fireworks or somehting for the night we arrive.

So with pin for room and 3 day tickets -
657(tickets) + 632(room) = 1289

Package deal - room, 5 days tickets - 1704.99 + 500 gift card.

If you will be able to use the $500 gift card it is a better deal, by about $85.

The only other deal I know of is 35% off just like your pin code.

I just noticed your dates. That is 7 nights. You said 5 so I only checked for 5. However, there are standard rooms available with the gift card deal all 7 of those nights.

You are soo right! I put in 7days when I meant the 22 through 27th. And right again about special gc offer. After thinking about it and of course, searching the db, I realized that we were saving money if we did the gc offer. Just because we were basically paying the same amount for only 3 days when in fact, we could get 5 days. Though we weren't planning on 5 days, now if we WANT to go, we can!
I just got off the phone with the cm and rebooked using the gc pkg! Whoooo Hooo!

Thanks for the input!

CBR May 22-27th for College Daughters Graduation ...BSN, magna cum laude
(can you tell this moms proud?):yay::yay::yay:

Did you tell them how old your daughter is? I counted her as a child over 9. She will actually make your room rate go up $17/night.

This time the cm almost confused me...I told her my dd is 10. I also asked her if my college daughter decided to ask someone down, would there be more added onto the room and she said no. However, I'm not sure that one is right, so unless something changes, I'll just keep it the way it is. I did check the website, and they put my college daughter down as primary, so I called to ask about that one too. They assured me it wouldn't be a problem, but that concerned me also. We will see!

Thanks again!

CBR May 22-27th!!:yay::yay::yay:

Okay I think I made an assumption that is incorrect. Who all is going? I don't know why but I was thinking 2 adults plus your college daughter. If there are 3 over the age of 18, you pay an extra adult charge/night. All people in the room are supposed to be listed on the room, and for packages all have to be on the same package. So yeah there could be issues if there was another invited down. But with my pricing and all, like I said I was assuming 2 adults and the college daughter. Sounds like you might be saying it's you and 2 daughters, 1-10 and 1-18. So sorry.

That's ok!:) It is just the dd (21), my dd (10) and myself. Just a girls trip. Although I will say, the cm's have 'thrown' me off a little this go 'round. We thought that my dd might have a friend who couldn't fly down the same time due to a wedding, so I asked the cm about her. What to do about ME, what to do about pricing, etc. IF she came, and the cm said the room was paid for. I find that hard to believe because when I priced for 4 adults and 1 10 year old thinking my whole family was coming, they added 20. per night I think for each other adult. (At least that's what they quoted).
The cm's have told me this go 'round that 1. there were no more standard rooms, 2. quoted me over 1800 for same pkg 3. this was the last room for this pkg at CBR 4. that 2 adults were paying for the room so I wouldn't have to pay for another. We have stayed at CBR prob 8 times, so I do know a little about the room charges, but this time they really confused me. And I am impeccably honest, so I tell them Everything up front.
Especially at first when we thought we might ask a friend, I was concerned with how she would get to the resort when it's in my name. The friend can't come which in a way is a relief...I was starting to get a headache from worrying about logistics! But thanks for 'figuring' for me! :angel:

CBR May 22-27th :yay::yay::yay:

So, just so you know. We are 2 adults, 1 10yr old, staying CBR 5 nights with the gc offer. Hopefully we can use the gc for all our food and purchases. I figure we are still doing better since with just the room and 3 day it was 1300, but with the gc offer it's a little cheaper, and we get 5 days!
The only thing that could make this 'girls graduation' trip better would be if dh and my ds (23) could come too...but that's a whole different story, price, room, etc...that would really make my head swim!:headache:

Thanks again though...hopefully for the 3 of us, we've done well. Let the countdown begin!

CBR May 22-27:yay::yay::yay:

I want a girls trip. I thought I might get away just me and my son. Then my husband wanted to go. Now I don't think we are going at all. But I'll get my fix here talking with everyone else whe is gonna make it one way or another.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter