Did anyone have pics taken at POR?

geek+nerd

DIS Veteran
DF and I will be staying at POR for our honeymoon. The night before the wedding, my mom, sister, niece and godmother will stay with me while DF stays with the boys at the off site condo. We have Randy Chapman and the DPS photog who comes with the Escape package. I was thinking it would be nice if Randy got some pics of me and the girls at POR before the wedding while the Disney guy gets some of DF and his family at the GF or the pavilion before the wedding.

Just wondering if anyone has any pics from POR in wedding wear. I've never been there, so I don't really know what sites would be appropriate, or if my whole idea is dumb.

I did! If you check out my TR, you can see the backdrop of POR in a lot of the accessory and dress shots. My photographer also took some shots of me near our room. We were staying the Magnolia Bend area, which is such a pretty location so there were lots of places for photos.

This is my favorite moderate, maybe favorite resort! I think it's certainly the most romantic! Lots of great picture opportunities! This will be a great choice!

I picked POR because of the photo ops :goodvibes my wedding isn't until March, so I don't have any photos but look at the pics at www.portorleans.org and it's easy to imagine many wedding photos being taken there

I think it is a beautiful place to have pictures taken. We had part of our engagement photos done there. (sorry they are so big)
47550_429180466189_111170876189_5687117_6984214_s.jpg
41066_429180411189_111170876189_5687115_138547_n.jpg
082910-0053.jpg
082910-0037.jpg
082910-0036.jpg
46436_429180776189_111170876189_5687143_2622097_n.jpg
082910-0031.jpg

We had our first look at POR Riverside, in the Magnolia Terrace section and Randy was our photographer. Big, sweeping staircases, magnolia trees, brick walkways and wooden bridges over the river... some great picture spots! It was January and pretty, but would be even more beautiful if done in the spring or summer while everything is in bloom.

I don't have many of those pictures in my planning journal, but there is a link to my blurb book in there and that has some pictures of the first look etc.

We stayed at POR for part of our honeymoon and asked for some photos there. The only problem was we hadn't been to the resort before so didn't really know where we wanted photos, so most of them are by the big red water wheel.

In hindsight we would have preferred to have had them by the Magnolia Mansions where we ended up staying, and we thought this was much more picturesque than by the wheel.

slightly off topic question: if one was staying on the Alligator Bayou side and wanted to take pictures in Magnolia Bend, how long does it take to walk over?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter