Did anyone else take their towel animals?

Chantelle

Mouseketeer
I was just wondering if anyone else kept their towel animals they got at the Disney resorts? We ended up getting 4 different ones over the course of the week that we have brought home. I was going to leave them because I assumed they were just for us to enjoy in the hotel room, but my new husband tried to convince me they were ours to keep. I was still unsure about it, but we ended up packing them and bringing them home anyway, aware that we might get charged for them.

Well today my husband checked his credit card statement and discovered he was charged an extra $30 from the Caribbean Beach Resort. We are assuming this is for the stolen towel animals, which we are perfectly fine with. They are very cool souvenirs and they are more then worth the $30 they have charged us. I have the swans sitting in our bathroom to remind us of our wonderful trip to Disney!

That's odd...last July we stayed at CBR and I stole a couple of towel animals. We were not charged for them. I thought Disney encouraged people to take them with. I could be mistaken though. They are great little souviners!

This is such a hot topic.....I can see both sides. Last year at ASMo we were made two towel animals and we brought them both home (with no charge). In the lobby one morning Mousekeeping was making towel animals and giving them away (again, no charge). But then there's the people that are against taking them because it's like stealing.

So I dunno. I'm glad you took them, I'm glad you are ok with being charged (as would I have been). Have you tried calling the resort just to clarify the charge? Maybe it's for something you forgot about....

Sandy :)

Chantelle...I think you should call and ask what the $30. Charge was for. If they say the towels, then great, but at least you will know for sure.:confused3

hmmmmmmm, now I don't know what to think as there was a whole thread on this somewhere a while back (I know I'm so vague:guilty: ) but I thought the general concencus (sp?) was that they were made out of 'unusable' towels so free to take. Will keep my eye on this thread - I don't want to be a thief!

I never thought to take the towel animal. They charge those who are Dis Vacation Club members to have them changed. Maybe that is why.

I would call them and ask them what the charge is for.

It would never have occurred to me that they would be something we could take with us! Towels aren't thinks you take from hotel rooms, you know? But if it's okay then I'm totally jealous because I thought they were adorable!!

I was just wondering if anyone else kept their towel animals they got at the Disney resorts?

When we were at All Star Music last year I ask the lady cleaning our room if it was ok to take them and she said yes please do, that's why we make them! We brought home 3!

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: I never even thought of swiping th towel animals! I always go for the soaps

That's kind of a cute idea- I like putting the swans in the bathroom! We might have to save some of our favorites from our honeymoon!;)

wow.... this is great to know I cant wait to steal mine on our honeymoon:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: watch now we wont get any:guilty: i am thinking that that $30 charge might have been for something else i would call and ask because now i am curious to know:confused:

I have one from our last wdw trip sitting on my tv in the lounge, we were not charged for them, I take them home from whatever country I'm in if one has been made.
I would call them and ask them what the charge is for it may be something your purchased and then forgot about maybe

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: I never even thought of swiping th towel animals! I always go for the soaps

That's funny!!! When on vacation at WDW I've been known to take the soaps (and little shampoos too) daily in hopes that they will keep replacing them for me to take...and they usually do! :lmao: :rotfl2: :lmao:

Fantastic, can't wait to swipe some of these. Mind you, don't know how they will survive crammed in a suitcase all the way to Scotland :lmao:

Ooohhh, I didn't know you could take these. If we are lucky enough to get some I'm definately gonna take them:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter