Did anyone else see a tab/notch for AP discounts but now it's gone

tbssenterprises

DIS Veteran
Just finished up making my regular discount for January when I saw something for an AP discount. Kept trying it, but the rates were crazy. Now the whole thing is gone. Anyone snag an AP rate for Jan-April?

Just noticed that! I’ve been looking at passholder rates for March all morning.. now.. poof! It’s gone!?

The AP discount is no longer noted on the Passholder Extras page, either.

Disney is saying "there were some technical issues with the offer being booked;" whatever that means. I'm wondering if the offer was released prematurely.

Last edited:

I actually grabbed a room at BWI with an AP rate at 7:30 this morning for over 50% off, and now there isn't anything there. Kinda confused but the system still shows I got it so I won't argue with them, it's just really weird. It's like they left the new guy in charge and he clicked a button he wasn't supposed to.

I actually grabbed a room at BWI with an AP rate at 7:30 this morning for over 50% off, and now there isn't anything there. Kinda confused but the system still shows I got it so I won't argue with them, it's just really weird. It's like they left the new guy in charge and he clicked a button he wasn't supposed to.

Lucky you! By the time I saw it, the system wouldn't let me book. You could put the discount in the cart but couldn't finalize it. By the time I got through on the phone, they told me that everything was gone/booked.
I called back and this time was told that there was a problem with the AP discounts and that they would be available later. Time unknown - just keep checking!

Arrgh!

I saw the BW huge discounts as well. I suspect they pulled the offer to make corrections.

Lucky you! By the time I saw it, the system wouldn't let me book. You could put the discount in the cart but couldn't finalize it. By the time I got through on the phone, they told me that everything was gone/booked.
I called back and this time was told that there was a problem with the AP discounts and that they would be available later. Time unknown - just keep checking!

Arrgh!
oh goodness, that's frustrating!! Fingers crossed they get it fixed ASAP.

I saw the BW huge discounts as well. I suspect they pulled the offer to make corrections.

I'm hoping that the error that they are fixing was the reg price and the discount pricing is correct! LOL!

Didn't someone once say, if you can dream it you can do it? Well, here I am, dreaming! I want to book that discount rate for BWI!

I had called Passholder services because it wasn't showing up to me and they said it was taken down (it wasn't supposed to be there yet). Yet, I hope, being the operative word.

If you don't mind me asking, what rate did you get? If you managed to take advantage of Disney's apparent mistake, bravo to you!!!

If you don't mind me asking, what rate did you get? If you managed to take advantage of Disney's apparent mistake, bravo to you!!!
It was an AP discount rate, and while I didn’t figure out the exact percentage off it was over 50% off, I stopped trying to calculate after I reached 50% (I started at 30% calculating) so I know it’s more than that.

I posted a pic of the offer I saw, deluxe room rack rate as 1017. Discounted was 406. That comes out to almost 60% off.
The rate was actually below $1000 for my dates, but it’s still close to that. There is talk from people that they might make me pay the corrected fee but I’m gonna fight them for it if they do. You can’t go back to people who booked a certain rate and take it away just because you make a mistake *sigh*

The rate was actually below $1000 for my dates, but it’s still close to that. There is talk from people that they might make me pay the corrected fee but I’m gonna fight them for it if they do. You can’t go back to people who booked a certain rate and take it away just because you make a mistake *sigh*

As I said on the AP thread, they can. I hope they don’t & you can keep your rate. But yes, they can & have gone back to people who booked & take it away if it was an error.

I saw this too! I was thinking that perhaps they are loading the information into the system but it’s not live yet.

Wow! I am one of the apparently lucky AP holders who managed to snag a Garden view guest cottage, club level..for an unheard of rate of $370.00 per night....on what's usually a $1200.00 room. I have a confirmed reservation email and everything. How can they take that away? I did just look in MDE and while there are still Garden view cottages available, the rate is now $811.00. Still a huge discount......

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!