Did anyone else get a call from Disney regarding ADRs?

3PRINCESSMOM

Used to be 3PRINCESSMOM, but alas she nows has a P
On Wednesday night I got a call from Disney asking if I had gotten all of my dining arrangements completed yet. Of course, I've had my ADRs squared away for awhile, so I let her know that. She said she was calling to be sure, since our trip is approaching and recently more times had opened up at select restaurants. She quickly realized she was not dealing with a rookie and I thanked her. That is it.

Did anyone else get this type of call? :confused3

No, not yet. Maybe they call 2 weeks out. I've made most of my ADRs but there are a few more I should make. I just need to figure them out. Maybe they'll call me and it'll get me to finally decide. With the new changes to DDP in 2007, I'm thinking of trying to do a few of the restaurants (Epcot) that are dropping off the plan, since if I'm paying OOP I probably won't do them. I'm thinking of Alfredos but I've probably waited too long. :confused3

I got the same call on Wednesday night too. I told her the same thing. We leave on Aug. 31.

I got that exact same call Wed. night for our trip in October. I was a little worried that maybe they didn't have our ADRs but I guess it is all set. I'm curious of why they are doing this..

They are doing this as a complimentary call to help the guest that does not spend time on the Net knowing they should make ADRs, I think it is a very nice gesture.

I think they are realizing how little is available for reservation at the last minute, and want folks to make ADRs in advance so that they're not surprised at the last minute and disappointed with their visit.

I, too, believe it is a fantastic gesture. My wonder was not at all related to the question of WHY?, it was related to who else got the call? Perhaps my OP seemed to insinuate that I was quick with the lovely CM who called, I most certainly was not. She was extremely nice and impressed by my knowledge and preparation.

I believe they are trying to head off possible problems with people who get the DDP, but are clueless about ADRs. Sounds like seatings are going to be few and far between during free dining. Although it is "free" if I were enticed to come for free food, but couldn't get a seat in any restaurants I wouldn't get the "Disney Magic" feeling. Ya know what I mean?

We have not received any call :confused3 . We leave in 10 days :cool1:
I do have all our ADR set, and maybe they see that in the system, so didn't bother calling?

I got a call on August 9th - we leave the 15th - it was really nice even though I have had my ADRs for months.

Disney left me a message a week or so ago about making sure I had my ADRs since we had free dining. I called WDW-Dine to make sure all was set with my ADRs and to reconfirm. The CM said they were making the calls because they wanted to make sure people on the DDP would know they would need some ADRs. It makes great sense because I'm sure people who don't do as much research wouldn't think they need to make ADRs before they get to Disney. I know our first trip we were kind of shocked we couldn't get in a TS restaurant at all except for Boatwrights at POR where we stayed. We had no dining plan so it was no big deal, but I'd be pretty upset if I had DDP and couldn't get into a TS (I know there's no excuse for me as a DIS'er, I mean if I was a first timer or something).

I suspect that they're focusing on calling the guests for whom they cannot match existing ADRs to the hotel reservation.

lsg1 said:
We have not received any call :confused3 . We leave in 10 days :cool1:
I do have all our ADR set, and maybe they see that in the system, so didn't bother calling?

Same with us. We leave in 10 days, but I have all of our ADR's set. I'm wondering if there was a problem with mine? I'm not sure, maybe I'll call.

I needed to talk to CRO three times this week and every time I talked to a CM they asked me if I had made any ADR's yet. I have, but I was really glad to see they are doing this. I really feel sorry for people who are clueless about all this. I tried to change a few ADR's around last week, and it was a no go. Even the Kona and Boma were booked solid for dinner- those have always been easy for me to get, even at the last minute...

I just got my call from WDW, CM was very nice. She said they're just trying to make their guests happy, and to let them know that some restaurants can still be booked. She did say she's had 3 guests in the past hour ask for LeCellier, and that that one is defintely all booked. Luckily I have my ADR for everything.

bicker said:
I suspect that they're focusing on calling the guests for whom they cannot match existing ADRs to the hotel reservation.

I agree. I didn't receive a call, but am not worried about it. All my ADRs are connected to my phone number which is connected to my reservation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter