Which restaurant would you choose?

• The Diamond Horseshoe

Votes: 12 66.7%
  • Tony's Town Square

Votes: 6 33.3%

• Total voters

DisneyWife2015

scmom08
**Preface: We (DH and I) are trying to get a BOG dinner ADR but are having no luck. So we are stuck choosing between these two restaurants. Our goal for this trip is to only go to restaurants we've never tried before. These two and BOG dinner are the last TS we've never tried in MK.

So which of these two would you choose and why? TIA!

I’d do Skipper’s Canteen...
OP said she wanted to try something new and that these were her only options.

I've never eaten at Diamond Horseshoe, but ate at Tony's this March for lunch. DH and I really liked our lunch and the view for the parade was great because we were seated outside on the porch. I'm not sure how different dinner would be, but you could always try it out!

OP said she wanted to try something new and that these were her only options.

My DH thinks he's funny. :tongue: We've already done Skipper Canteen....so we agreed it's not an option this trip even though we loved it! He's still trying though...

We've heard horrible things about Tony's so we're nervous but always willing to get every restaurant a chance. Thanks for the feedback & tip about the parade. We hadn't thought of that.

My DH thinks he's funny. :tongue: We've already done Skipper Canteen....so we agreed it's not an option this trip even though we loved it! He's still trying though...

We've heard horrible things about Tony's so we're nervous but always willing to get every restaurant a chance. Thanks for the feedback & tip about the parade. We hadn't thought of that.
I should've known from the names lol. We really did enjoy Tony's for lunch. The bread they gave us as an appetizer was my favorite part of the meal. I had spaghetti with meatballs and I think DH had chicken Parmesan. We didn't ask to be seated outside, but it was definitely an added bonus.

My vote is for the Diamond Horseshoe. We have eaten at Tony's twice and while it is not as bad as some reviewers have said for us it was a bad Olive Garden. Diamond is just a guilty pleasure.

This one's a tough call but I admire your persistence to sample all the TS eateries in MK. I don't think we've dined at Tony's since the 70s, I'm guessing it's changed a bit over the past 40 years. ;) Haven't been to Diamond Horsemeat I mean "Horseshoe" but I have seen some horrific photos of their food on line. Maybe do a search? Good luck getting BOG! :earsboy:

My vote is for the Diamond Horseshoe. We have eaten at Tony's twice and while it is not as bad as some reviewers have said for us it was a bad Olive Garden. Diamond is just a guilty pleasure.
I will agree with this that it wasn't terrible food, but I probably could've made the same spaghetti at home. We enjoyed it because we weren't on the dining plan and picked up a last minute reservation for lunch. We were planning on leaving the park for a break, but decided to sit down and eat instead. I wouldn't waste a meal here if I was on the dining plan.

Oh my goodness...Tony's.... Used to be tolerable but last time we went was indescribably horrendous. I'd sooner leave the park and go to olive garden. Diamond Horseshoe is ok I guess, but neither are great options. If I had to pick, though, Diamond horseshoe hands down.

If you had a good experience at Tony's congrats. I'd buy a lottery ticket asap because you are seriously lucky.

Oh my goodness...Tony's.... Used to be tolerable but last time we went was indescribably horrendous. I'd sooner leave the park and go to olive garden. Diamond Horseshoe is ok I guess, but neither are great options. If I had to pick, though, Diamond horseshoe hands down.

If you had a good experience at Tony's congrats. I'd buy a lottery ticket asap because you are seriously lucky.
:lmao: this is the best post ever. :laughing: I couldnt have said it any better. Tony's is horrid. I'd definitely go with Diamond Horseshoe.

This one's a tough call but I admire your persistence to sample all the TS eateries in MK. I don't think we've dined at Tony's since the 70s, I'm guessing it's changed a bit over the past 40 years. ;) Haven't been to Diamond Horsemeat I mean "Horseshoe" but I have seen some horrific photos of their food on line. Maybe do a search? Good luck getting BOG! :earsboy:

Thanks! We made a list before our very first trip of all the TS and QS eateries and have worked our way down the list. We've done a select few more than once just because we thoroughly enjoyed them. But mostly we do all new every trip.

Ha ha! This is hilarious. We have heard mixed reviews about both. Makes it so hard to decide!

So I'm leaning toward DH but hubby is leaning toward TTS...hence the need for more opinions and a poll! Looks like DH is winning for right now.

I vote Diamond Horseshoe, but I've never actually eaten at Tony's so I don't know if I can give a fair recommendation.

DH was the only lunch reservation available on our first day of this most recent trip (on Veteran's Day, the end of Jersey Week) and I was nervous because I'd read bad reviews, but we needed to eat TS in MK that day so I booked it. I was pleasantly surprised! I thought the food was actually pretty good (especially the dessert). My vegan-when-it-suits-them in laws were disappointed though :rotfl: But then I did tell them they didn't HAVE to join us at all our ADR's...

My vegan-when-it-suits-them in laws were disappointed though :rotfl: But then I did tell them they didn't HAVE to join us at all our ADR's...

Ha ha! Right?! We went with my parents for the first time this past May and gave them the same option. But they were awesome. They went everywhere we went and absolutely loved it. My poor mom was relentlessly teased at 50's for various (LEGIT) reasons but we all got a good laugh out of it and it was honestly the best experience we had the whole week. If anyone ever goes, ask for Cousin Mandy. She was hilarious!

:lmao: this is the best post ever. :laughing: I couldnt have said it any better. Tony's is horrid. I'd definitely go with Diamond Horseshoe.

Here's the thing: I've been to Tony's several times over the years with mixed results. I always knew it wouldn't be great, but it was always passable. We went once in 2013 (I think) and it was actually fairly decent considering past experiences. Then we went in 2016 just before MNSSHP and... it was shocking. I was raised Italian (as in 2 generations removed), but I am fine with something like Olive Garden or a food court pizza place if the situation calls for it. But what we were given at Tony's was unbelievable. I won't go into details, but we actually went to Pecos Bill's less than 2 hours later, after spending well over $100 at Tony's, just to give you an idea of how much we actually ate. I'm not one to let things go easily, but this experience was so shocking that I couldn't even face complaining because obviously this was not an anomaly if you read other recent reviews. (Disclaimer: Stepson is mentally handicapped and will eat ANYTHING to the point where it's dangerous. It's very difficult to get food away from him once it's set in front of him so that was part of the issue here.)

In fact, I think the best thing to do would be to check out the DIS unplugged review. As a fairly opinionated person, I generally differ in some way, but this could not be any more accurate and I certainly could not have described it any better.

EDIT: I hadn't seen that in a while (unfortunately didn't see it before our last trip,) and just watched it again now. Note the extent the guys go to and how hard they try to be fair. Trust me, they're really, really going above and beyond.

Start at around 48:33 :

Last edited:
Here's the thing: I've been to Tony's several times over the years with mixed results. I always knew it wouldn't be great, but it was always passable. We went once in 2013 (I think) and it was actually fairly decent considering past experiences. Then we went in 2016 just before MNSSHP and... it was shocking. I was raised Italian (as in 2 generations removed), but I am fine with something like Olive Garden or a food court pizza place if the situation calls for it. But what we were given at Tony's was unbelievable.

Yikes! I'm sorry you had such a horrible experience. I've actually seen that DisUnplugged review which is why we haven't eaten there yet. lol But I feel like at some point we have to try it once. Maybe not this trip though....

Here's the thing: I've been to Tony's several times over the years with mixed results. I always knew it wouldn't be great, but it was always passable. We went once in 2013 (I think) and it was actually fairly decent considering past experiences. Then we went in 2016 just before MNSSHP and... it was shocking. I was raised Italian (as in 2 generations removed), but I am fine with something like Olive Garden or a food court pizza place if the situation calls for it. But what we were given at Tony's was unbelievable. I won't go into details, but we actually went to Pecos Bill's less than 2 hours later, after spending well over $100 at Tony's, just to give you an idea of how much we actually ate. I'm not one to let things go easily, but this experience was so shocking that I couldn't even face complaining because obviously this was not an anomaly if you read other recent reviews. (Disclaimer: Stepson is mentally handicapped and will eat ANYTHING to the point where it's dangerous. It's very difficult to get food away from him once it's set in front of him so that was part of the issue here.)

In fact, I think the best thing to do would be to check out the DIS unplugged review. As a fairly opinionated person, I generally differ in some way, but this could not be any more accurate and I certainly could not have described it any better.

EDIT: I hadn't seen that in a while (unfortunately didn't see it before our last trip,) and just watched it again now. Note the extent the guys go to and how hard they try to be fair. Trust me, they're really, really going above and beyond.

Start at around 48:33 :

Yes I love this video clip from dis unplugged...one of my faves because as you said, its spot on to what i went through at Tony's. And yes they really do try their hardest to be fair about the review.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!