• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Diabetes and Water

kidslovedisney

Earning My Ears
Getting ready for 2nd trip to DW since DD, age 6, was diagnosed with diabetes. Last trip was in December, so the heat wasn't as much of an issue. Does anyone know if the first aid stations will allow you to store water in their refrigerator or freezer. so that we can keep DD drinking lots of cold water all day? Even when you buy the water there, it doesn't stay cold very long. I would like to freeze water at the first aid areas.

Don't know about storing water at the first aid station. It would be too far to keep going back to. I just take my Tupperware insultated glass and ask for ice and refill with water throughout the day.
Also be sure to have some quick sugar available with you at all times. I've had 2 bad hypos when I forgot and had to get a castmember to get me something quick before I passed out.

Thanks for the information. We take the small tubes of cake icing with us everywhere we go. One small tube of cake icing is 15 or 16 grams of carbohydrates. Easy to store and don't need to keep it cold! Doctor has told us that we might have to cut back on Lantus by 1/3 while we are there! She is a very active kid!:) :D

Exactly what I carry but had forgotten. I must say that the castmembers are very quick to help when you do need it. Once I was in a long line when I started having problems. When I told him I was going hypo the castmember took action immediately and got a coke for me to drink. When I tried to pay for it he refused. He just made sure I was ok and was not going to pass out before he would leave.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter