DHS/Toy Story Land "Early Morning Magic" (EMM) FAQ & Discussion

In anyone’s opinion, is this event worth it? We’re offsite people so I knew I wouldn’t get a FastPass for sdd. I have three kiddos; one who is special needs and in a stroller. I am wondering if we will move too slowly to get any enjoyment from this. I booked with the idea it would be low wait times and we’d be able to ride multiple times. Now I am second guessing it.

In anyone’s opinion, is this event worth it? We’re offsite people so I knew I wouldn’t get a FastPass for sdd. I have three kiddos; one who is special needs and in a stroller. I am wondering if we will move too slowly to get any enjoyment from this. I booked with the idea it would be low wait times and we’d be able to ride multiple times. Now I am second guessing it.

There are tons of reviews on this thread (many are linked on page 1 of the thread if you don't feel like searching).
I thought it was great and would do it again in a heartbeat.

We went to this event this morning, it was a great experience. They walked us into the land at 7:29 am. We went straight to SDD and got on it around 7:36 am, all three coasters were running. Then we went to TSM and rode 4 times, my 2 sons went back to SDD(around 8:27) and rode 3 more times, while we stayed on TSM.

Ride summary: kids-4 SDD and 4 TSM, husband- 1 SDD and 7 TSM, me-1SDD, 6 TSM, 1 AS. We still could have probably gone 1 more time on either AS or TSM, but we were content, tired and hungry.

Breakfast was a great experience, you could order all you wanted and they kept the buffet stocked until the end.

Note: SDD was posted at 25 mins the entire event, but my sons rode it 3 times in less then 30 minutes.

Last edited:
There are tons of reviews on this thread (many are linked on page 1 of the thread if you don't feel like searching).
I thought it was great and would do it again in a heartbeat.
We went this morning and had a wonderful experience, but we did go at a quick pace, the TSM queue was very long.

I was trying to reply to supergirl04, sorry I am still new at this.

Hold the phone! Woody meets with Bo Peep now?!? I sure hope this goes through mid-July.
I assume Woody and Bo are where he met with Jesse. Can you tell us where Jesse is meeting solo?
This morning, Jesse was in front of AS, in the corner past the restrooms. Not many people were in line, I don’t think people realized she was there.

I will be doing it for the 3rd time in August. My second experience wasn't as good as the first but I still feel it was worth it enough to do again

I will be doing it for the 3rd time in August. My second experience wasn't as good as the first but I still feel it was worth it enough to do again
We loved it in February - low crowds, low waits. We did it again in May and it was okay but definitely more crowded and longer waits. I'm not sure if we would do it again after the second time. If it was like the first time, we would do it again and again!

Wow, we are doing this June 17th and I am a little worried that this might not be a good investment. We have always enjoyed this event at MK and thought we would try HS. But waiting 20-25 mins for a ride is not a acceptable wait IMO for something I am paying a lot of money for.

We (self, DH, and DD 7) went to EMM at TSL today. We left Beach Club at 6:35 and drove to DHS and parked in the first row. We went through security at 6:55. We had our MagicBands scanned, and then were given a wristband. We tapped in at around 7am. We had to walk all the way to Indy and then double back to the arches. I found this irritating; the RealFeel is already around 90—just let us walk as little as possible already! They were strongly encouraging folks to go to breakfast. We went to the arches and were in the second row of families at the big arch. Bathrooms are available at the Brown Derby side doors.

Here’s the run-down of the morning.
7:28 Line started to move and we were marched to TSL
7:33 Got in line for SDD (Posted wait time: 15 minutes)
7:42 Off SDD Ride #1 (Total time: 9 minutes)
7:43 Back in SDD line (Posted wait time: 25 minutes)
8:01 Off SDD Ride #2 (Total time: 18 minutes)
8:02 Back in SDD line (Posted wait time: 25 minutes)
8:26 Off SDD Ride #3 (Total time: 24 minutes)
8:28 Entered TSM
8:41 Off TSM
8:44 AS2 Ride #1
8:49 AS2 Ride #2 (we were allowed to stay in our vehicle)
8:54 Exit AS2 and TSL (passed Buzz with no line, but DD wasn’t interested)
8:55 Passed mass of humanity going to TSL shortly before Buzz

We then did 2 rides on Star Tours. We were hoping for 3, but the line built quickly, I’m guessing in part because RnRC was down (and was down until about noon). We went to breakfast at 9:40. The food was good (well, better than the Fantasyland version) and it was well organized. But we had to stalk to get a table in the AC at that time. At 9:59, they took down one of the milk and juice stations, and a 10 they took down one of the pastry stations. We left at 10:05, and it looked like they were champing at the bit to take everything down ASAP.

My opinion on this event is rather mixed. I was hoping for something more like Fantasyland’s EMM, where the longest we waited for 7DMT was about 10 minutes. In fact, I was pretty irritated that they are marketing short wait times at all. But then we returned to TSL at 10:30 to do a FP+ for TSM (thus only the single ride earlier), and holy guacamole. Talk about insanity. The waits for BOTH SDD and TSM were 120 minutes.

I’m still irritated that they would market this as little wait times. But my kid really wanted to do SDD multiple times. TSL EMM was a way to do this. I would do Fantasyland EMM again in a heartbeat. This one, well, I’d have to think about it.
NM - I see you emailed Disney GS. Hopefully you hear back.

Feel free to flame me if this has been answered a million times before:

Any chance EMM at TSL continues after SWGE opens? Or is that in direct conflict with the new extra extra magic hours?

Our family decided we’d take this year off, but then changed our minds and are planning a last minute sept/oct trip so we’re trying to catch up.

Wow, we are doing this June 17th and I am a little worried that this might not be a good investment. We have always enjoyed this event at MK and thought we would try HS. But waiting 20-25 mins for a ride is not a acceptable wait IMO for something I am paying a lot of money for.

Yeah, we are going on the 17th too. I’ve been reading reviews to figure out if it’s worth it to keep.

We loved it in February - low crowds, low waits. We did it again in May and it was okay but definitely more crowded and longer waits. I'm not sure if we would do it again after the second time. If it was like the first time, we would do it again and again!
This is going to be my only time in HS since that and Star Tours are the only rides I even like there. Going to hop to MK after breakfast

We (self, DH, and DD 7) went to EMM at TSL today. We left Beach Club at 6:35 and drove to DHS and parked in the first row. We went through security at 6:55. We had our MagicBands scanned, and then were given a wristband. We tapped in at around 7am. We had to walk all the way to Indy and then double back to the arches. I found this irritating; the RealFeel is already around 90—just let us walk as little as possible already! They were strongly encouraging folks to go to breakfast. We went to the arches and were in the second row of families at the big arch. Bathrooms are available at the Brown Derby side doors.

Here’s the run-down of the morning.
7:28 Line started to move and we were marched to TSL
7:33 Got in line for SDD (Posted wait time: 15 minutes)
7:42 Off SDD Ride #1 (Total time: 9 minutes)
7:43 Back in SDD line (Posted wait time: 25 minutes)
8:01 Off SDD Ride #2 (Total time: 18 minutes)
8:02 Back in SDD line (Posted wait time: 25 minutes)
8:26 Off SDD Ride #3 (Total time: 24 minutes)
8:28 Entered TSM
8:41 Off TSM
8:44 AS2 Ride #1
8:49 AS2 Ride #2 (we were allowed to stay in our vehicle)
8:54 Exit AS2 and TSL (passed Buzz with no line, but DD wasn’t interested)
8:55 Passed mass of humanity going to TSL shortly before Buzz

We then did 2 rides on Star Tours. We were hoping for 3, but the line built quickly, I’m guessing in part because RnRC was down (and was down until about noon). We went to breakfast at 9:40. The food was good (well, better than the Fantasyland version) and it was well organized. But we had to stalk to get a table in the AC at that time. At 9:59, they took down one of the milk and juice stations, and a 10 they took down one of the pastry stations. We left at 10:05, and it looked like they were champing at the bit to take everything down ASAP.

My opinion on this event is rather mixed. I was hoping for something more like Fantasyland’s EMM, where the longest we waited for 7DMT was about 10 minutes. In fact, I was pretty irritated that they are marketing short wait times at all. But then we returned to TSL at 10:30 to do a FP+ for TSM (thus only the single ride earlier), and holy guacamole. Talk about insanity. The waits for BOTH SDD and TSM were 120 minutes.

I’m still irritated that they would market this as little wait times. But my kid really wanted to do SDD multiple times. TSL EMM was a way to do this. I would do Fantasyland EMM again in a heartbeat. This one, well, I’d have to think about it.

Our experience on 6/55 was almost identical to this. Great summary. I would probably not do this again. The only huge advantage on this particular day is the it allowed you to do it in the morning and avoid the insanely hot 97 degree afternoon sun. On most days, just not worth it for such a long wait for such a short time period.

Other note, boats were running this morning and we caught the 6:30AM boat from Beach/Yacht club. THe night before they had indicated the boats would not be running so we were going to walk. When we saw the boat there just jumped right on. Dumb luck.

23 minutes and 18 minutes were our two waits for SDD. Would have done a third time but decided to get at least one ride of TSMM before event ended.

IMHO, there are 2 huge problems.

Problem 1 is actually a statement on how bad the Alien Saucers ride is. I really was dissapointed how short and unimaginative that ride was. Walk on for that. Walk on for TSM. Pretty much every single person is etiher in line for a character or inline for SDD.

Problem 2 is having 2 events is absolutely worthless because every single person pretty much does the same thing. Whether they go eat breakfast or coffee before or after, they are generally timing it to be at Toy Story land the second the gates open and go straight for SDD making it a 25 minute wait.

Last edited:
My fastpass day is coming up. If I manage to get a SDD fastpass I will probably cancel this event. I can't imagine that the experience is going to be very good at this point.

My fastpass day is coming up. If I manage to get a SDD fastpass I will probably cancel this event. I can't imagine that the experience is going to be very good at this point.
So sad that it's to the point where you can only ride 5 rides. We did MK EMM May 2018, we were able to do 10 rides (8 SDMT). I was looking for a similar experience with HS.

We have it booked but I will wait until the July reports come in to cancel it.

Does anyone have recent experience of leaving the event and heading straight to Tower of Terror? I know with decreased capacity lines have been building quickly there. I was wondering how long it really takes to get through this line if you are near the front of the pack? I have fastpass for later but would love to ride twice. We want to be able to make it to breakfast as well though.

For anyone else who has been wondering about Jedi Training with EMM. We did 6/3 EMM and left around 8:45 to sign up for JT. We made it over there about 8:50 and only waited 15 min to sign up. 9:40 and 11am were full, but we had our pick of the rest. We went with 1:40, which ended up being cancelled due to lightning in the area. They do try to do something special for the kids since they won’t get to fight anyone. They did a photo op with Darth Vader inside Star Tours and let the kids/parents ride Star Tours immediately after. They also still gave the Jedi Training pin.

Our EMM that day was nice. We (party of 7- 4 adults and 6 yo, 3yo, 2yo) parked at 7am and were in line waiting to enter the land by 7:12. Don’t recall what time they let us in but I think it was a few minutes before 7:30. We stayed to the left to park our stroller, then got in line for TSMM. I think we waited about 15 minutes to get on. Headed over to SDD and the first group rode while I did 2 rides of AS2 with the 2 yo. Then, my husband and I switched and the large group rode SDD 2 more times. My husband, kids, and I left to sign up for Jedi training then while my brother and his wife rode TSMM once more. Rope drop crowd was there when they got off the ride. Breakfast was good. Much better than MK EMM the day before. Kids loved the pastries and blueberries. I would do it again. My brother and his wife hadn’t been to Disney in years, so I was trying to make sure they experienced as much as possible without being in the parks the entire time. We were able to knock out the rest of the park by 3 since we got this land done early. Would have been out sooner if ToT wasn’t acting up and being closed often that day.

Oh the meet and greets seemed to have changed a bit. Jesse was meeting alone between the bathrooms and AS2. Woody was meeting with Bopeep (in pants) in front of TSMM and we saw Buzz as we were exiting around 8:45.

Does anyone have recent experience of leaving the event and heading straight to Tower of Terror? I know with decreased capacity lines have been building quickly there. I was wondering how long it really takes to get through this line if you are near the front of the pack? I have fastpass for later but would love to ride twice. We want to be able to make it to breakfast as well though.

Curious about this too. Saw a post recently where the wait time for ToT is basically 90 minutes right from the start of rope drop.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!